PDA

View Full Version : Benelli MR1 Personal Defense Rifle

greyfell
03-25-2010, 9:39 AM
The new NRA magazine highlights this rifle, the MR1, and it looks VERY good on Benelli's website. But, it looks like it wouldn't be "legal" in California. Is that a correct conclusion? Might Benelli be responsive enough to take California into consideration and modify the magazine release for us?

tomd1584
03-25-2010, 9:40 AM
well, it looks like it can accept different stocks (without pistol grips), so i dont see why it couldnt be sold in california (as featureless)

IMO its ugly as sin.

biofire
03-25-2010, 9:44 AM
I just heard from a gun shop that it will be available in CA with a standard rifle stock, but I don't know when.

Iggy
03-25-2010, 9:56 AM
I like and would get it, but I would rather build a featureless AR at that price or less.

fourXfour
03-25-2010, 10:37 AM
I like it, i handled one at shot show. The standard stock has a long LOP. It would feel alot better with a shorter monte carlo style stock.

pyro3k2
03-25-2010, 1:16 PM
but it's so ugly it's pretty, A gun only an owner could love.

uzigalil
03-25-2010, 1:36 PM
This rifle was first shown by Beretta in 2007 with all 3 stock choices, this year at the shot show Benelli was displaying it with only the pistol grip stock, The rep said that there would not be any other stock choices, I told him about the California market for the rifle with a non pistol grip stock and he didn't seem to care. Have they changed there mind ?? Gun store info doesn't count

Bug Splat
03-25-2010, 1:41 PM
This rifle was first shown by Beretta in 2007 with all 3 stock choices, this year at the shot show Benelli was displaying it with only the pistol grip stock, The rep said that there would not be any other stock choices, I told him about the California market for the rifle with a non pistol grip stock and he didn't seem to care. Have they changed there mind ?? Gun store info doesn't count

I think he is full of it. It looks to take a standard stock too. I'm willing to bet that their standard shotgun stocks fit it. They would be just stupid to not offer it and if they don't you know someone will 10 seconds after they are released.

I'd like one but not for the price they were talking about. Get it under $1000 MSRP and we will talk.

davefh
08-05-2010, 4:12 PM
newguy on the calnet. just noticed mr1 as a possible man toy. trying to find if cal legal. going to gun store this weekend. big sale on squad scout 308. pricing is sim to mr1. not sure which way to go. the scout is impressive, but the mr1 is nice, on the benelli web site. trying to get ready for the 2010/2012 revolution. opinions please.

muskater
08-05-2010, 4:32 PM
riflegear has them listed

Jpach
08-05-2010, 4:54 PM
Crap that thing IS ugly

unusedusername
08-05-2010, 6:57 PM
A post here (http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20900) suggests that the MR1 could be made to work with a Beretta RX4 M2.

I don't own either of these but I can use google...