PDA

View Full Version : delete

compulsivegunbuyer
03-24-2010, 7:50 PM
delete

hoffmang
03-24-2010, 8:00 PM
Best to legally travel out of state with it and then send it from there. The transport rules are stupid and byzantine but don't apply to the RAW owner when out of state. Then, only federal rules apply and long arms are a lot more forgiving federally.

-Gene

gibbet
03-24-2010, 8:22 PM
Best to legally travel out of state with it and then send it from there. The transport rules are stupid and byzantine but don't apply to the RAW owner when out of state. Then, only federal rules apply and long arms are a lot more forgiving federally.

-Gene

Correct me if Iím wrong but I thought there were 2 scenarios:

If the RAW receiver is listed, then yes AW shipping laws apply.

But if the RAW receiver isnít listed, disassembly removing all AW features would permit any person to ship the item.

Tell me what you think...

hoffmang
03-24-2010, 8:28 PM
Correct me if Iím wrong but I thought there were 2 scenarios:

If the RAW receiver is listed, then yes AW shipping laws apply.

But if the RAW receiver isnít listed, disassembly removing all AW features would permit any person to ship the item.

Tell me what you think...

Correct. By features AWs can have features removed to become just firearms. My advice above was as to a named AW.

-Gene

bwiese
03-24-2010, 9:12 PM
Confirming Gene's latter statement.

A Category 3 receiver reg'd as an AW can nevertheless be treated like an ordinary long gun if features are not attached, not semiauto/centerfire, or whatever other permutations of configurability take it outside 12276.1PC definitions.

The above is straght from Randi Rossi & Tim Rieger of DOJ in Spring of 2004, with witnesses including Don Kilmer and (former ATF, now attorney) Jess Guy. Iggy Chinn may have been in the audience too. It's also backed by obvious inferences from a published collection of DOJ AW FAQ material.

The finisher that takes possession of your receiver does indeed need an FFL.

bwiese
03-25-2010, 9:53 PM
The reciever is marked
"Eagle Arms by Armalite M15", so it's listed.

You should probably treat this receiver like an AW - even though it's defendably not.

Drive it outta CA and send it out/pick it up from (say) Reno.

Running it thru a CA FFL w/AW permit can be expensive.