PDA

View Full Version : Can California ever be "free"?

KaLiFORNIA
03-24-2010, 8:43 AM
With McDonald ect ect ect are we going to have the chance to have no more AWB, or the ability to CCW/ LOC, use of +10 round mags? I mean AZ does...

Rooftop Voter
03-24-2010, 8:46 AM
As I crossed the CA state line last monday morning I asked myself the same question! sigh...

Roadrunner
03-24-2010, 8:51 AM
The more accurate question is, will a majority of Californian's continue to act like subjects and accept the scraps from the government table? Or will they claim their freedom and and the responsibility that comes with it?

Freedom isn't free, but government entitlements and security cost far more.

dustoff31
03-24-2010, 8:54 AM
The more accurate question is, will a majority of Californian's, and Americans in general, continue to act like subjects and accept the scraps from the government table?

A little help there.

Yes. Sadly, I believe they will.

OleCuss
03-24-2010, 9:08 AM
Too early to tell how it turns out.

If good men and women do not fight for liberty - then we assuredly will not have it. So we need to fight for it.

stag1500
03-24-2010, 9:14 AM
With McDonald ect ect ect are we going to have the chance to have no more AWB, or the ability to CCW/ LOC, use of +10 round mags? I mean AZ does...

That is exactly what we're fighting for. It's going to take a little time to get there, but the momentum is definitely on our side. So keep your chin up (unless you're a boxer).

CAL.BAR
03-24-2010, 9:43 AM
The short answer is "no" CA is too crowded and too over populated to have "unfettered" gun access. It's just a fact. urbanism= liberalism/anti-gun (ism)

It's just a fact of life. As quickly as we tear down existing laws through the slow court system, the legislators will only amend or modify the laws to compete.

Saym14
03-24-2010, 9:45 AM
you ARE free. Free to move to AZ! :(

Sheepdog1968
03-24-2010, 10:04 AM
CA is a liberal free thinking state. It's unlikely that overall mindset will ever change to the point where you will reach a level of happiness with the gun laws. Yes, I will try and elect those who are more conservative and gun friendly but I just don't see that state every truely chaning. I've made peace with it and am willing to abide by the laws. I have enough toys that I can legally own to make me happy. To be honest, I am more worried about the amount of taxes we have in CA (as compared to other states) and the inability of our elected officials to actually balance the budget and save some money for lean years. If they ever started to do crazy things and increase the tax burden significantly then I could see moving.

woodsman
03-24-2010, 10:06 AM
As long as politicians continue to buy the votes of lemmings with entitlements, I doubt there will be big change.

Mikeb
03-24-2010, 10:47 AM
The biggest problem here is the "nanny statist " mindset of our politicians. The latest Kids to be required to wear helmets while skiing.
Heaven help us
Mike

gregorylucas
03-24-2010, 11:10 AM
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

-Greg

JeepsRcool
03-24-2010, 11:18 AM

No, just as no other state will ever be "FREE" again.....We have lost our republic and it will never go back to where it was.....

yellowfin
03-24-2010, 11:39 AM
There will be no freedom if we don't demand it, and to do that requires first to believe it possible. That part is your choice.

Kyle1886
03-24-2010, 11:54 AM
Not in my life time, and I fear in the long run, other states will eventually fall by the wayside too, if the country continues on its present course. I may be long in the tooth, but I still have a bit of fight left.

Respectfully,
Kyle

stag1500
03-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Boy. This is a depressing thread. And very counterproductive I might add.

Fellas! Think about all that's been accomplished over the last 10 years. Don't focus on the negative all the time our you're just going to end up feeling sh*ty.

Rem222
03-24-2010, 12:25 PM
As long as politicians continue to buy the votes of lemmings with entitlements, I doubt there will be big change.

There's the answer....

Window_Seat
03-24-2010, 12:35 PM
California being a truly free state is ultimately up to the people, and because the Legislature won't, the courts will be the ones to recognize the freedom that we declare, then Tom Ammiano and the rest of the gang will not be able to make us similar in nature to #1 on the scale of most restrictive by Government.

Erik.

Kyle1886
03-24-2010, 1:20 PM
It's not just the legislators; the attitude of educators at the "higher learning" level should be included. I can see and hear from our own grand kids the very liberal "ideals" and progressive bent that is being taught. Fortunately, I hope anyway, they value what their parents taught them. There are some very far left leaning professors that are shaping future legislators.

Regards,

Kyle

CornFedWB
03-24-2010, 1:44 PM
Your answer is NO. Never, it WILL get worse, the sheeple, sissy, plugged in generation that the government loves so much is taking over and doing thier best to turn us into the UK and not enough people care. Cherrish these times, they will once be looked back upon as the "good ole days".

GM4spd
03-24-2010, 1:58 PM

No. Despite gains in Federal Courts on RKBA issues there is not going to
be any wholesale "overturning" of state laws that are now on the books--
regardless of what you see and hear. Your best move is out of the state.Pete

wildhawker
03-24-2010, 2:08 PM

Yes, to all of the above.

I'm not sure I understand why you maintain this position in spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Even *Brady* understands what a win in McDonald means.

Window_Seat
03-24-2010, 5:26 PM

A challenge of 12050s "good cause", the roster, 626.9 & the LCM regs won't pass muster post McDonald & Nordyke. Did I say that right Gene, Bill?:eek:

Erik.

AEC1
03-24-2010, 5:42 PM
how important is it to you? if you are willing to fight for it then absolutely we can be free.

My fear is that we are not truely willing to fight for it. Calls to the legislature, and lawsuits and court systems are a great start. However as long as we continue to 100% rule out armed revolution then they will have no fear of the people and we will not be free.

If we want to be free we have to have our leaders at least afraid of us enough to respect us. If they do not fear us they will continue to abuse us. My earnest prayer is that it will never come to it. But King George would not listen desite many many peaceful attempts to gain our freedom,

So are you willing to be labeled a redneck hick, an extremest? If enough people are then yes we can be free...

HondaMasterTech
03-24-2010, 7:35 PM
California is only free to everyone who refuses to take care of themselves.

Dragunov
03-24-2010, 9:44 PM
how important is it to you? if you are willing to fight for it then absolutely we can be free.

My fear is that we are not truely willing to fight for it. Calls to the legislature, and lawsuits and court systems are a great start. However as long as we continue to 100% rule out armed revolution then they will have no fear of the people and we will not be free.

If we want to be free we have to have our leaders at least afraid of us enough to respect us. If they do not fear us they will continue to abuse us. My earnest prayer is that it will never come to it. But King George would not listen desite many many peaceful attempts to gain our freedom,

So are you willing to be labeled a redneck hick, an extremest? If enough people are then yes we can be free...

I'm a Hillbilly by birthright, does that count?? :p

SemperFi
03-24-2010, 10:18 PM
It's not just the legislators; the attitude of educators at the "higher learning" level should be included. I can see and hear from our own grand kids the very liberal "ideals" and progressive bent that is being taught. Fortunately, I hope anyway, they value what their parents taught them. There are some very far left leaning professors that are shaping future legislators.

Regards,

Kyle

x2 My sis just graduated from Berkeley, talk about brainwashed...

ttboy
03-25-2010, 4:02 AM
As long as the people entering the state lean Democrat Kalifornia will never be FREE.
I realized that many years ago moving to Arizona in June, where the legislator will pass a Alaska-Vermont style CCW that is Free America.

mike_schwartz@mail.com
03-25-2010, 4:07 AM
yes.

now get off the computer and help make it happen.

FeuerFrei
03-25-2010, 7:34 AM
Maybe a tax revolt would work. No cash to piss away.
Like taking drugs away from an addict. They won't like it but it would get their attention. This would be hard to do because the taxes are in-bedded into everything we do.

bomb_on_bus
03-25-2010, 9:37 AM
Maybe a tax revolt would work. No cash to piss away.
Like taking drugs away from an addict. They won't like it but it would get their attention. This would be hard to do because the taxes are in-bedded into everything we do.

it wouldnt do any good as the state is content and capable on running full steam ahead even with a 20+ billion state deficit. we are more or less running on steam anyways look at all the hot air billowing from the POTUS and the governator.

not-fishing
03-25-2010, 10:24 AM
Sheepdog1968

CA is a liberal free thinking state. It's unlikely that overall mindset will ever change to the point where you will reach a level of happiness with the gun laws.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Being born & raised in California, California is now a Liberal Facist State of Politically Correct Sheep and Wolves in Sheep Clothing (politicians). There is no free thought. whatever happened to question authority?? :King:

I don't think Sheep can ever be free. It isn't in their nature

I do think Sheep are better off with many Sheepdogs among them.

Sometimes, I'd just like to step aside and let the Wolves have the Sheep -- but I can't seem to walk away from the lambs. :gunsmilie:

wildhawker
03-25-2010, 10:49 AM
http://popup.lala.com/popup/576742244719099085

http://blog.lefigaro.fr/bd/animals%20Pink%20Floyd.jpg