PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Amendment march in Sacramento 4/18/2010

jo9phl
03-23-2010, 4:50 PM
I was just wondering how many people intend to attend the 2nd amend. march in Sacramento on 4/18/2010. While sites like this are great for informing citizens we need to stand up and be counted. We need for our government to see how many people are willing to fight for our right to defend ourselves. http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com/california

wildhawker
03-23-2010, 5:01 PM
Instead of showing up at the building to be laughed at/ignored/avoided by the staffers and members, why not do something productive in your community (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=183)?

These sorts of marches are not helpful, generally, and often prove harmful via the media spin.

jo9phl
03-23-2010, 5:11 PM
With that type of defeatist mentality it is no wonder the legislators of this state feel they can run over our rights.

Flopper
03-23-2010, 5:20 PM
With that type of defeatist mentality it is no wonder the legislators of this state feel they can run over our rights.

Let me respond with a little "Compliment Sandwich":

1. Welcome to the site!
2. You need to do some serious research before you sling any more accusations around.
3. Once again, WELCOME!

Mstrty
03-23-2010, 5:21 PM

(Clap Clap Clap)+1
Sometimes You just have to shake your head turn and walk away.
I dont understand why some of the members that insist on doing this through the courts want to crap on those of us who want to do it in the streets.
Will we get our rights back in the courts. Eventually. So in the mean time take your buds and go sip on some cognac while others go fight in the streets.

Instead of showing up at the building to be laughed at/ignored/avoided by the staffers and members, why not do something productive in your community (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=183)?

bwiese
03-23-2010, 5:30 PM
(Clap Clap Clap)+1
Will we get our rights back in the courts. Eventually. So in the mean time take your buds and go sip on some cognac while others go fight in the streets.

Because these actions are actually HARMFUL and STUPID.

It's one thing to fill a room and speak on an issue - AB1663 to overturn 962 - like many NRA members and Calgunners did today.

100 or even 1200 people marching outsidet the building is laughed at by both parties. Legislative aides have repeatedly told me they enjoy watching "who's out there today". They look while they have a cup of coffee and then go back to whatever they were doing.

Guns, save-the-whales, Birkenstocks-for-inmates, etc. doesn't matter.

Furthermore, invariably these groups either have a few loons in cammies or actual Brady provocateurs inserted - and these are the first people interviewed on TV, which really does us a world of good.

If you could put 500,000 out there, all were in suits & ties and all were screened, briefed and well-spoken, that might be different.

But gunnies are employed even now, so there's likely gonna be a low turnout.

BTW, when the Heller decision came down, a senior CA NRA staffer got all sorts of weird phone calls from the media. A typical
one: "Please, I'd like to interview an NRA dissenter - and he needs to be wearing camoflauge." NO FRIGGIN' JOKE.

The specific purpose of this march is also not really about gunrights, but certain lobbyist people driving this still want to show some attempted relevance coupling gunrights to Republican politics.

berto
03-23-2010, 5:33 PM

The tinfoil and camo wearing minority bashing stereotype the media will find and put on the air as representative of our cause fuels the public perception of a legislative need to control our guns. It's simple, perception becomes reality in the age of driveby soundbite ratings driven drivel that passes for journalism. Will the story be "X number of Second Amendment activists peacefully assemble at the Capitol" with a picture and quote from a guy there with his family or "thousands of gun nuts scream and yell and threaten revolution at the Capitol" with a picture and quote from the aforementioned kook?

Go if you feel it's a good use of your time and effort.

wildhawker
03-23-2010, 5:40 PM
(Clap Clap Clap)+1
I dont understand why some of the members that insist on doing this through the courts want to crap on those of us who want to do it in the streets.

Actually, I've spent a bit of time in the "streets" also. Where have you been?

Lateralus
03-23-2010, 5:45 PM
Because these actions are actually HARMFUL and STUPID.

It's one thing to fill a room and speak on an issue - AB1663 to overturn 962 - like many NRA members and Calgunners did today.

100 or even 1200 people marching outsidet the building is laughed at by both parties. Legislative aides have repeatedly told me they enjoy watching "who's out there today". They look while they have a cup of coffee and then go back to whatever they were doing.

Guns, save-the-whales, Birkenstocks-for-inmates, etc. doesn't matter.

Furthermore, invariably these groups either have a few loons in cammies or actual Brady provocateurs inserted - and these are the first people interviewed on TV, which really does us a world of good.

If you could put 500,000 out there, all were in suits & ties and all were screened, briefed and well-spoken, that might be different.

But gunnies are employed even now, so there's likely gonna be a low turnout.

BTW, when the Heller decision came down, a senior CA NRA staffer got all sorts of weird phone calls from the media. A typical
one: "Please, I'd like to interview an NRA dissenter - and he needs to be wearing camoflauge." NO FRIGGIN' JOKE.

The specific purpose of this march is also not really about gunrights, but certain lobbyist people driving this still want to show some attempted relevance coupling gunrights to Republican politics.

Big +1 to what Bill said.

These "marches" are nothing more than a big charade, an elaborate facade with one goal: Making the march coordinator money. People arrive completely ready to support their cause, and what do they see being passed around like candy? A clipboard with a lot of names and e-mail addresses. This lists goes on to be sold to a freshly graduated marketing major who now enjoys a full demographic ready to be sold to.

He is completely correct about how they are perceived by State officials as well.

Defeatist or educated? Do some reading on Brandon before you engage in slander.

Where we you this morning? I must have missed you at the AB1663 hearing.

Lateralus
03-23-2010, 5:49 PM
(Clap Clap Clap)+1

Can you be more demeaning? I'm not sure I got the full effect the first time around.

jo9phl
03-23-2010, 5:51 PM
I will admit I am new to the gun rights movement. I am young and a relative novice to the procedures. It just seems that the old way of doing things is not working. It seems that every time time I turn around another piece of anti gun legislation is making head way while pro gun legislation stalls or dies all together. It just seems to me that any time you have a liberal agenda you go down march at the capital and things get accomplished. I would like to help and contribute to the cause beyond joining a club or making a contribution.How do we make the average citizen aware of what is going on and how it impacts them if we only discuss these issues amongst ourselves?

wildhawker
03-23-2010, 5:57 PM
Check out the C3 regional forums (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=183) and get involved in bona fide, on-the-ground grassroots RKBA efforts with real results.

Mstrty
03-23-2010, 6:00 PM
Actually, I've spent a bit of time in the "streets" also. Where have you been?

Ask nikki I was there suit and tie for AB962. Where were you!!!! You wernt there. I stood up and spoke while the SF rep. texted on her crackberry. Where were you. Dont stand up there al high and mighty we all do our part. I wont be there for the 2nd march for some of the same reasons you wont be there this is not the point. The point is how you treat other members trying to inform calgunners of political news in the political forum. I know you do good for us. You are a team player and on our side. You dont hide behind a screen name like so many do. I just thought it was in poor taste to poo poo someones post with what you said.

wildhawker
03-23-2010, 6:07 PM
I'm truly sorry I couldn't make it today. I wish I could tell you what I spend 8+ hours a day on, partly to support the infrastructure that allows other Calgunners to organize at events like this one.

However, I'm quite confident in my analysis of this proposed march. Like it or not, these types of events are generally useless (or worse).

Lateralus
03-23-2010, 6:18 PM
I'm truly sorry I couldn't make it today.

I think he means AB962, not AB1663. I don't remember meeting a Ty today.

berto
03-23-2010, 6:20 PM
jo9phl -

The libs showing up at the Capitol get laughed at too. It seems like their tantrums work because they support the side that currently controls the legislature. Take away that majority and they'll still be laughed at but their favored legislation won't pass.

Flopper
03-24-2010, 12:17 PM
It just seems that the old way of doing things is not working.

It seems that every time time I turn around another piece of anti gun legislation is making head way while pro gun legislation stalls or dies all together.

You are somewhat correct. The OLD way of doing things (compromise, sitting back and doing nothing) did NOT work. Now we realize compromise does not work, and we fight. . . in an intelligent an effective manner.

A lot of gunnies seem to be out of the loop; these are the people that think the sky is falling.

Stick around and educate yourself about what is REALLY happening, and you'll realize THE SKY IS NOT FALLING.