PDA

View Full Version : Email from Assemblyman Hagman(2)

Kyle1886
03-23-2010, 8:02 AM
As one of my constituents and a fellow defender of our Constitutional Second Amendment right, I would like to keep you updated on my new legislation, AB 1663 which would repeal the recently passed AB 962.

AB 1663 will be presented before the Public Safety Committee tomorrow, Tuesday, March 23rd. As the Vice-Chair, I will fight to see that this legislation gets passed to the Assembly Floor. Thank you again for your continued support.
__________________________________________________ _______________________

Last fall, Governor Schwarzenegger signed into law AB 962 which would, commencing February 1, 2011, require handgun ammunition vendors to obtain a thumbprint and other information from ammunition purchasers. The bill would also provide that the delivery or transfer of ownership of handgun ammunition may only occur in a face-to-face transaction, with the deliverer being provided bona fide evidence of identity of the purchaser. This law places hardships on law-abiding citizens, increases small business costs, and creates a database of ammunition purchases that exposes personal information to identity theft and other misuses.

That is why this session, I introduced AB 1663, to reverse this Democrat ‘feel good’ measure that does absolutely nothing to make California a safer place. An ammunition registry does not prevent crime, it only further restricts the rights of California’s responsible gun owners. Criminals who obtain ammunition illegally will continue to do so and now your local businessman will be stuck with the charge of a massive multi-million dollar record keeping system.

We need to focus our limited resources on criminals, not our law-abiding citizens and small businesses.

Thank you for giving me this opportunity to serve you.

Sincerely,

Assemblyman Curt Hagman
District 60

gtturborex
03-23-2010, 10:23 AM
I received the same message yesterday. Hope he prevails!!

loather
03-23-2010, 10:27 AM
Let's hope all the fliers, emails, and phone calls have done their job with the legislature. Keep them coming!