PDA

View Full Version : My CMP Bavarian Police

glennbtw
03-22-2010, 9:30 PM
Might as well brag about my latest acquisition. Just received my "Bavaria Forestry Police" Rack grade M1. No gauge but muzzle wear seems on par with another service grade I saw. No solder on the top of the receiver. The police stamping is a little more faint than some others I have seen, but still visible. Barrel and receiver are Inland. There is a small piece of tape with a name on the stock. Anyone know Stefan? You can tell it was made with a typewriter and the tape is brittle. There is also a repair to the hand guard with a "bow-tie" shaped wood insert. Any ideas what that could have been?

thefinger
03-22-2010, 9:39 PM
Very cool story with that rifle. I like it.

glennbtw
03-22-2010, 10:02 PM
Here's a close-up on the name

Eat Dirt
03-22-2010, 11:24 PM
VERY NICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How long did it take to get your rifle ??

glennbtw
03-22-2010, 11:37 PM
Four weeks and two days from date of snail mail order

CEDaytonaRydr
03-23-2010, 12:37 AM
Beautiful...

I love that stock!!! :eek:

WokMaster1
03-23-2010, 9:15 AM
Did it come in that condition? No cosmoline?What did you pay for it? It is beautiful.

glennbtw
03-23-2010, 2:15 PM
Pictures were taken as it came out of the box. No cosmoline, in fact it was quite dry. They are still available through CMP for $575

mls343
03-23-2010, 3:13 PM
I just received my 2 national Postal Service carbines this morning. Both were dry like yours without the cosmoline. Both of them, interestingly enough, look Bavarian. One of them is just about unfired after the rework - new op rod, trigger, barrrel, and everything reparkerized. The other one I'm calling the "Grey Ghost" as most if not all of the bluing/park is gone. Functionally, both or mechanically sound and the wood is good. The Grey Ghost is to backpacking no worries rifle...

Pictures later...

BTW - In my opinion, it's looking like the carbines are on the last leg. Get them while you can. However, the M1 Garands that are coming out of the CMP are just fantastic! I'm going to pop for a HRA SG very, soon.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

glennbtw
03-23-2010, 8:50 PM
I'm still waiting for a National Postal myself. I've had my order pending for most of March now. CMP acknowledged order March 1 and it went "open" status march 18. Hope the wait is worth it

mls343
03-23-2010, 8:53 PM
By the looks of things, the CMP is offing the Bavarians. Don't be surprised to see those digits on the trigger...