PDA

View Full Version : Lancaster spot

El Capitan
02-07-2006, 8:48 PM
hey, is the lancaster spot still available? I never have tried it and was gonna take my new M1a and some sks's up there and kill some cans with a friend if it's still kosher.

xYourLocalAR15x
02-07-2006, 10:47 PM
hey, is the lancaster spot still available? I never have tried it and was gonna take my new M1a and some sks's up there and kill some cans with a friend if it's still kosher.

Boy, i still remember the days when kentucky shooting range was still open... That was true freedom.

Cant you just go out in the desert and shoot?

shecky
02-07-2006, 10:57 PM
I'm not aware of a rifle range in Lancaster. However, if you go out to Kern or Sand Bernadino county, you can generally shoot on BLM land as long as there aren't any specific regulations prohibiting shooting. It's probably courteous to stay away from dwellings, too. And clean up after yourself. There's lots of desert out there for shootin'.

fal_762x51
02-08-2006, 12:13 AM
Goto the the North Edwards exit on the 58 East, hang a left down the dirty road over the 1st hill, drive down to the pile-o-crap. Its my property, shoot up and you'll get some Airforce guys out there shooting with you.

50 Shooter
02-08-2006, 7:51 AM
If you're talking about the spot where we use to shoot with Mauserlady and others then no. I ran into 8mm Vigilante at Angeles Range, he said that they started building houses right there.:mad:

You can drive out a couple miles further on the 14 to Backus Rd., go left back over the Hwy and drive out a couple miles. I've heard there was a shooting spot out there from ML and a couple others but have never been there personally.

If you want to go private try Desert Marksman www.dmrpc.org it's where Kentucky Shooting Range use to be. They give you the combo to the gate and you can shoot there anytime you want. You can even camp there if you want to, just be sure to check on making a campfire. I think the yearly dues are $40 after an initial $70 to sign up for new people.

fal_762x51
02-08-2006, 12:24 PM
Ah, good ole "Out Backus." West of the mining company correct? BYOT; nothing good to shoot out there anymore. There's still a Pinto SW out there, a keg, and a whole lotta nothing.

shecky
02-08-2006, 7:48 PM
AFAIK, that area down Backus Rd. past the old Cactus mine isn't BLM land. However, there is a whole lotta nothin out there, and if you were to go shooting in the area, I doubt anyone would know any better.

I only mention this because, as I get older, I find myself wanting to follow the rules a bit more. In my younger years, I'd just go out to a suitably remote piece of desert and blast away, never knowing or really caring if it was public or private land. I never got caught or was bothered by anyone, BTW.

El Capitan
02-09-2006, 1:10 AM
If you're talking about the spot where we use to shoot with Mauserlady and others then no. I ran into 8mm Vigilante at Angeles Range, he said that they started building houses right there.:mad:

50, that is where I was referring to; too bad it's closed, that's pretty close to LA.

Is the spot where you go for your bi-annual shoot still good?

El Capitan
02-09-2006, 1:45 AM
test test test

bodyarmorguy27
02-09-2006, 2:01 AM
Goto the the North Edwards exit on the 58 East, hang a left down the dirty road over the 1st hill, drive down to the pile-o-crap. Its my property, shoot up and you'll get some Airforce guys out there shooting with you.

I'm in Lantucky and know this road you speak of. Can I shoot out there, too?

fal_762x51
02-09-2006, 10:27 AM
If the Airforce guys don't give a **** about shooting on my land, go ahead. No one will give you crap for shooting out there. If you want to wait till May, my buddies and I have a huge shoot out there; 1919a4, BBQ, and plenty of fun. PM if you want more info, the boss is coming, must sign off.

Rivet
02-09-2006, 5:03 PM
Ahhh the good old days. We used to just go west down Ave S to the hills, some good quail back there too. Now it is full of houses.:(

TrailerparkTrash
02-10-2006, 1:47 AM
Hey guys, do what you want with your own time etc.... But just to let you know, it is ILLEGAL to target shoot with rifles inside LOS ANGELES COUNTY, unless you're in a designated shooting area, such as the few left in the Angeles Nat'l forest.

As far as plinking in the Palmdale/Lancaster/Antelope Valley area within L.A. County, it is illegal. There is a county ordinance. Now, if you get caught, that is another topic, but like the saying goes, "buyer beware."

If you go in San Bernardino county and draw an imaginary line that runs west to east, starting north of the city of Barstow (and hiway 40), you are all legal to shoot whatever you want, at any time you want.

Just make sure you're not shooting near a city and/or houses etc....

fal_762x51
02-10-2006, 2:35 AM
My property is in Kern County. The only provision is code 9.20.030 Public parks, but mine is private land. If your statement was directed toward my comment about the Mojave land, then you should be more aware. So before you enlighten me with your geographical wisdom and oratory speech about "do what you want with your own time etc," maybe you should consider this. Do not try be a high-and-mighty apostle communicating to the uneducated in such a way in which your statement will never be accepted do to the way you convey yourself. Iím glad you pointed out the fact about shooting in LA County, one of which I should have mentioned, yet your opening sentence seemed to discredit any valuable information you had to give.

-Pat

El Capitan
02-10-2006, 8:35 AM
TPT,

So you're referring to anwhere above the red line, in SB county, shown on this google earth map?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v138/geoffgc/temp/desertmap.jpg

El Capitan
02-10-2006, 8:38 AM
And Fal, I'd like to take you up on your bbq/shoot later this year on your property. Before then, I'm a bit wary of finding it on my own; don't want to end up shooting in the wrong place and angering the natives.

TimG
02-10-2006, 9:10 AM
Well that seriously sucks !! How much further out is Bacus road from the Lancaster spot ??

50 Shooter
02-11-2006, 3:29 PM
El,
Yes we still do our bi-annual shoot, email me about it.

Tim,
Backus Rd. is a couple miles past the Rosamond exit.

Didn't know we had so many Lancaster people on the board.:)

TrailerparkTrash
02-11-2006, 11:22 PM
If your statement was directed toward my comment about the Mojave land, then you should be more aware. So before you enlighten me with your geographical wisdom and oratory speech about "do what you want with your own time etc," maybe you should consider this. Do not try be a high-and-mighty apostle communicating to the uneducated in such a way in which your statement will never be accepted do to the way you convey yourself. I’m glad you pointed out the fact about shooting in LA County, one of which I should have mentioned, yet your opening sentence seemed to discredit any valuable information you had to give.
-Pat

Whoa,,,,,what's with all the hate? In case you need glasses, I saw that the title of this thread is "LANCASTER SPOT". Last time I checked, "LANCASTER" is in Los Angeles County, not Kern county. My comment was in reference to the original posting of "shooting" and "LANCASTER". As a result of that posting, I thought I would mention the fact that target shooting in L.A. County (i.e. "LANCASTER" is illegal. That's all, you Jackass.

The "do what you want with your own time" was a friendly comment to the fact that I was not trying to tell anybody here what to do!

So before you go opening up your food hole, stop thinking that anything anybody posts here revolves solely around YOU and your dumb statement(s)! It probably doesn't, so don't get excited. You started talking about Edwards AFB (Kern County, not associated with LANCASTER which is not in Los Angeles county.

Remember, the title of this post is "LANCASTER SPOT" (Los Angeles County). Where in Kern County is "LANCASTER"??????? Get some glasses grandpa! :) :) :) :)

fal_762x51
02-12-2006, 2:12 AM
Anyway, I gave them a solution to the fact that there is no place to shoot in Lancaster. I'm glad you called me a grandpa, means older and wiser. :)