supersteve9219
03-22-2010, 1:12 PM
-Delete-

PolishMike
03-22-2010, 1:14 PM
http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

supersteve9219
03-22-2010, 1:18 PM
I was thinking that since they were in the state registered before the ban they could be transfered. Guess not :(

Josh3239
03-22-2010, 1:23 PM
Registered AWs are non-transferable.

peepshowal
03-22-2010, 1:23 PM
Hypothetical question. If somebody has these guys in the state already legally, could I buy them from them, after I attach some type of bullet button? Both are semi auto civilian variants.

IMI Uzi (with folding stock, would it have to be fixed open?)
HK91

If they are the make and models you mention, they are on the banned list. So unless you are exempt from Cali. assault weapon laws you could not buy them here. See the list http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/regs/chapter40.pdf

If they are replica/clones then you probably could buy them after removing or neutering evil features or adding a bullet button.

supersteve9219
03-22-2010, 1:53 PM
Hypothetically, they are not clones :(.

Alright, thanks guys.

supersteve9219
03-22-2010, 2:59 PM
Oh yea, one last thing.

If a person who owns AW dies, are the weapons supposed to be given over to the police?

AMDG
03-22-2010, 3:01 PM
Outta state w/in 90 days

jamesob
03-22-2010, 9:42 PM
Oh yea, one last thing.

If a person who owns AW dies, are the weapons supposed to be given over to the police?

hell no, do not give them to the police. have them taken out of state within 90 days if something like that was to ever happen.

supersteve9219
03-22-2010, 11:37 PM
hell no, do not give them to the police. have them taken out of state within 90 days if something like that was to ever happen.

sounds good! Thanks.

I mean

Hypothetically sounds good, Thanks.

rod
03-23-2010, 6:57 AM
You can send me all your so called assault weapons. You can then come to my private range and shoot them all you want. I'll send you my neighbors FFL info. Let me know ahead of time if you're sending something full-auto. I'll need to let our sheriff know there's a new toy in town. If it's not full-auto, no one cares. There isn't even any registration requirements. Just send the firearm to my FFL (along with any spare ammo you might have) and it's all good.

hollabillz
03-23-2010, 12:35 PM
You can send me all your so called assault weapons. You can then come to my private range and shoot them all you want. I'll send you my neighbors FFL info. Let me know ahead of time if you're sending something full-auto. I'll need to let our sheriff know there's a new toy in town. If it's not full-auto, no one cares. There isn't even any registration requirements. Just send the firearm to my FFL (along with any spare ammo you might have) and it's all good.

Does your sheriff need to approve and/or provide you with a request letter for a full auto? Or you can just notify them? :confused:

supersteve9219
03-23-2010, 12:59 PM

Thanks, but hypothetically I hope this won't be for several years.

And I am pretty sure nothing is hypothetically full auto.

rod
03-24-2010, 6:30 AM
Does your sheriff need to approve and/or provide you with a request letter for a full auto? Or you can just notify them? :confused:

Just notified (sort of). The Sheriff will need to sign off on your Form 4 and in most counties, it's not an issue. There are a couple of counties that are un-friendly towards Class III stuff and you might have to wait until a new Sheriff gets elected. You still need your Fed tax stamp though and that can be a little tricky. You can't get a stamp until you have a NFA item and you can't get a NFA item without a stamp. Notifying the Sheriff is a secondary registration we must endure for the time being. VCDL is supporting a bill to do away with local registration (No Sheriff notification).

rod
03-24-2010, 9:17 AM
Thanks, but hypothetically I hope this won't be for several years.

And I am pretty sure nothing is hypothetically full auto.

That's Ok. I really don't want anything full auto anyway. Ammo is too expensive to make FA any fun. SBRs are a different story though.