PDA

View Full Version : This will shut down Bee Canyon or I Hate Trash

Eat Dirt
03-21-2010, 9:49 PM
Here's a few pictures from todays trip to Bee Canyon ( Hemet)

The first pile is from people just tossing and leaving thier shooting trash

The Second ::: I couldn't belive it .. At one of the canyons a Large group , Must of been 2 or 3 familes
Had Trucks , Sun Covers , Targets set up Quads . Kids running around
Great family fun I thought when I went by

Well, Fast foward to later in the afternoon and this is what I found !!!!!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/RangerPeakRide039.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/RangerPeakRide040.jpg

Spdjunkie
03-21-2010, 10:18 PM
Above = Disgusting :mad:

Eat Dirt
03-21-2010, 11:37 PM
I Heard a rumor today .......that the Rangers are stopping shooting up at Shot-Gun Flats ( same area.. just up the road ) because of the trash problems

Dr. Peter Venkman
03-22-2010, 12:12 AM
Just another reason to hate people. I've got a pretty long list.

gixxer750
03-22-2010, 12:24 AM
Lazy bums. And that looks like a real nice shooting spot. Where is it?

Eat Dirt
03-22-2010, 7:40 AM
Lazy bums. And that looks like a real nice shooting spot. Where is it?

It's a long standing open range area

East of Hemet just off Hwy 74 on Forest land

My Grandpa and I used to go there back in the day and there was never trash like there is nowdays

Turbinator
03-22-2010, 7:44 AM
Ok - so anyone organizing a cleanup of this place?

Turby

Eat Dirt
03-22-2010, 7:50 AM
Ok - so anyone organizing a cleanup of this place?

Turby

There have been a few organized clean over the last few years
One was with Hemet Jeep club
another was put on by the Forest service Volenteeres

They had a huge dumpster we filled by 11:00 am

The Yamaha Rhino I have really came in handy
for getting in and out of those tight canyons

7.62 FMJ
03-30-2010, 9:20 PM
I was there on the 13th at the last canyon before the climb. We took a lot of trash and a few car doors out of there when we left. The only ranger encounter was them asking on the way in if we had trash bags, we said we always clean up as much as we can haul out. We just got a thumbs up and they said, "have fun".

Eat Dirt
03-30-2010, 9:39 PM
I was there on the 13th at the last canyon before the climb. We took a lot of trash and a few car doors out of there when we left. The only ranger encounter was them asking on the way in if we had trash bags, we said we always clean up as much as we can haul out. We just got a thumbs up and they said, "have fun".

Nice one.. :thumbsup:

You're a good man

Seesm
03-30-2010, 9:48 PM
I freaking hate when people do not AT LEAST bring what they brought in OUT... They are hurting EVERYONE. The Ranger who was a "marine" sounded like a toolshed...

msand951
03-30-2010, 11:05 PM
It was a sheriff who told me i was talikng to a marine. With that said i have no problem with marines or any military you guys have my respect. I work with with alot of ret. and mil at March. And other socal bases when i have to go.

Maybe we can ask the rangers for a dumpster bin somewhere. Im willing to load up my truck and help clean. Has anybody checked the trail is it bad? There was a couple of spots where you have to be carefull cause of the rain made some deep crevices.

AndrewMendez
03-30-2010, 11:20 PM
I was there on Sat. I wish i would have gone to Lytle creek instead. I took my dad shooting for his Bday. And finanly took my wasr 10 out to try it out. Once i found a spot just passed the spot pictured aboved . A vechicle of skin heads passed later and yelled some remarks. I had 4 different visits from rangers. I always stop shooting when riders drive by and carry buckets for trash and brass of course. But with the fifth visit from the sheriff it was obvious we didnt belong there and were not welcomed. There were other people shooting ARs 30 rd. mag dumping and didnt get hassled. I have my wars 10 jamming all the time couldnt rapid fire at all. And i almost got a felony, my rifle taken away and my bro in law could have been shot by the sheriff being gun scarred. He was 20 yrd away with hearing protection trying to fix the bolt jam on my wasr when the sheriff came up with there hands on there gun yelling. I had to wave at him get his attention to drop the gun. They scarred his girlfriend she just placed a 22 rifle on the rock last thing that came to her mind was muzzle control and they were all over that. It was her first time shooting and the rifle was empty. After they settled there tuffness came out and they got my rifle and said it was illegal . If it wasnt for a chart a friend from calguns gave me( thanks, Lone wolf ) I would have been arrested Riverside sheriff doesnt know about these rifles. And while i was trying to explain myself and defend myself from a future felony. I showed him the chart and pointed out the area where my rifle would fall into. And he told me, "Hey!!! your talking to a Marine." I dont know what he meant by that i didnt disrespect him and i wasnt being a smart *** either. I have the most respect for military it doesnt matter if your national guard to navy seal. After all i work in the base for the dod but for him to say that. What the hell does that have to do with it. I lost more respect for law enforcement . Seems like everytime i come across law enforcement and it doesnt matter if you courteous to them your a criminal that they couldnt bust. To make a long story short i proved my case with that chart and he told me he knew it was legal he just wanted to make sure if I knew it was legal. bunch of B.S.

Basically from the people ive encountered if your a minority stay away from here cause your not welcomed. And your definately not safe. Also seems like some laws only apply to you. Cause everybody else didnt get checked. And i can see the ARs easily. Its not the first time and probably wont be the last.

Sounds like you where profiled. That sucks. I feel for ya, especially because it was with your Dad! I can't come close to talking my Dad into coming shooting with me. He is not an anti, it just doesn't interest him.

Eat Dirt, if your going to set something up, please let us know.

famas619
03-31-2010, 7:12 AM
Wow, i have never had an issue at bee canyon. Only had ranger stop to say hello and give us some trash bags. let me know when you take the wasr out, again, would love to try it out.

xibunkrlilkidsx
03-31-2010, 8:05 AM
aholes. had enough curtesy to put a bunch of shells together in one pile but not put them in a trash bag. derrrrrrrr..

where is bee canyon anyhow? anyone got a google map pic so i can find it one day?

Eat Dirt
03-31-2010, 8:31 AM
Just let me add a few words to this::

With ALL the stuff happening in Hemet with the attempts on thier lives
( Just read the paper )
ALL LEO's in the area in a high alert

They have good reason to check everybody out
Now I'm not saying "MSand" was fitting a profile
I have never met the man / Just another good guy on Cal-Gun

But Things are really on Pins and Needles around the valley
My scanner goes 24/7 and there is a LOT of stuff going on in the valley right now that doess not even make the news

msand951
03-31-2010, 1:36 PM
Ill pm you when i go out again famas im in San Jacinto also. I just got my wasr fixed from CWS the mag was popping off.

Eat Dirt: I bought some 3006 brass from you. I sold my SKS to Lonewolf.

famas619
03-31-2010, 2:41 PM
Sounds good msand951.

Benelli12
03-31-2010, 3:04 PM
Newb here. Anyone know the number for the local Forest Service station that controls Bee Canyon? I went up for the first time a few weeks ago but the road was closed due to the rains. I don't want to make the drive again just to turn around. And in keeping with the thread of course I will go with a roll of trash bags and take out more than I bring in. Thanks.

Eat Dirt
03-31-2010, 4:04 PM
Newb here. Anyone know the number for the local Forest Service station that controls Bee Canyon? I went up for the first time a few weeks ago but the road was closed due to the rains. I don't want to make the drive again just to turn around. And in keeping with the thread of course I will go with a roll of trash bags and take out more than I bring in. Thanks.

I just got back and the road is FIXED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They smoothed out a LOT of the problems

ALL gates open /Let's go

Ron-Solo
03-31-2010, 7:20 PM
USFS Idyllwild 909-382-2921

If we don't keep it clean, we will lose it. I was up there last Saturday and couldn't believe the trash. Lots of knuckleheads along the way too. Some thug looking dude shooting a shotgun on the road in random directions.

Don't go alone for a while. The rangers and Riverside Sheriff's are not who you need to worry about.

Lots of 'gangsta' types lately.

zeke2517
04-01-2010, 12:17 AM
Can someone PM me the Location. East of Hemet is pretty vauge. thanks.

dskell
04-01-2010, 4:05 PM
I made a youtube video at that very spot you have pictures of. I've been working on cleaning it up every time I go out but, every time we go there's new stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhd6FoE2EqQ

dskell
04-01-2010, 4:07 PM
Oh and Eat Dirt, I'll gladly come to a clean up if you were to organize one. Or maybe I'll organize one. Either way, I'd definitely help as this is one of my favorite shooting areas.

EDIT:
I just contacted the Ranger Station to get information about organizing a clean up of the area. The person I needed to speak with was gone for the day but, I'll hopefully hear back tomorrow.

Would anyone be willing to do a cleanup next weekend? Either April 10th or 11th?

Eat Dirt
04-01-2010, 4:27 PM
I made a youtube video at that very spot you have pictures of. I've been working on cleaning it up every time I go out but, every time we go there's new stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhd6FoE2EqQ

Nice video!!!

But you haven't seen nothing as for some of the trash I have seen over the Years !!!!!!!!!!

T V's / Water heaters / Vacumes/ toys / Stuffed aminals / spray foam ,,cans / Paint cans / Tolites/ Stereos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just off roading yesterday afternoon ::
A big family was shooting in the last canyon before the long uphill

We went by and I was thinking :: What a nice family thing to do

WELL .. I passed them on the trail later in the day so I thought I would make my rounds " Harvesting " Brass
I go to the canyon they had and it was Del Taco Trash everywhere !!!!!!!!!
Some shot up stuffed animals and that white stuffing everywhere !!!!!

Nice way to show your kids how to treat the land !!!!!

Also ... Just leave the Brass ....... I'll get it !! :thumbsup:

Eat Dirt
04-01-2010, 4:29 PM
Oh and Eat Dirt, I'll gladly come to a clean up if you were to organize one. Or maybe I'll organize one. Either way, I'd definitely help as this is one of my favorite shooting areas.

I was thinking of having a Cal-Gun clean-up

Only problem ... With the road fixed and smooth / LOTS of people will be useing the area

dskell
04-01-2010, 4:30 PM
Nice video!!!

But you haven't seen nothing as for some of the trash I have seen over the Years !!!!!!!!!!

T V's / Water heaters / Vacumes/ toys / Stuffed aminals / spray foam ,,cans / Paint cans / Tolites/ Stereos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just off roading yesterday afternoon ::
A big family was shooting in the last canyon before the long uphill

We went by and I was thinking :: What a nice family thing to do

WELL .. I passed them on the trail later in the day so I thought I would make my rounds " Harvesting " Brass
I go to the canyon they had and it was Del Taco Trash everywhere !!!!!!!!!
Some shot up stuffed animals and that white stuffing everywhere !!!!!

Nice way to show your kids how to treat the land !!!!!

Also ... Just leave the Brass ....... I'll get it !! :thumbsup:

I can imagine.

That's freaking disgusting. I cannot stand people like that.

I only take what brass I bring haha. I never seen any other brass in that area where I made the video. Only shotgun hulls and steel cased stuff. I clean that up.

famas619
04-01-2010, 7:20 PM
I would be willing to help clean up, but the 10th and 11th i have my reserve duty.

spokes
04-02-2010, 10:56 AM
Another good shooting spot disrespected with trash. I might be up there this Saturday, and will be sure to carry out more than I take in. I've found cardboard boxes to be better than trash bags when dealing with glass and metal. Steel cans and propane tanks are the worst. Heavy gloves help too.

I have family in Hemet and they're nervous about the gangs. It used to be a quiet retire spot. Now.....I don't know.

fed20
04-02-2010, 11:21 AM
I was thinking of going later this afternoon. Hopefully I can get in and out in my VW Jetta. I'll take some trash bags and pick up what I can before I leave.

Ca Patriot
04-02-2010, 12:06 PM
I always pick up other peoples trash simply for this reason. The shooting and other usage will be shut down for EVERYONE.

I always take about 10 extra bags when I go shooting, or hiking or mountain biking.

Ron-Solo
04-02-2010, 1:58 PM
I checked with the Forest Service a while back and they said if there was a organized clean up they would close it to shooting that day for the cleanup.

It may be good to wait until they close it for fire season (which should be in late May) and then go in an clean it really good.

Let me know if anyone organizes a clean up. I will contact a few friends too.

Eat Dirt
04-02-2010, 2:40 PM
I have family in Hemet and they're nervous about the gangs. It used to be a quiet retire spot. Now.....I don't know.

How True !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Week days are best out there

Ron-Solo
04-02-2010, 3:12 PM
I was out there last weekend with a friend. There were a lot of knuckleheads out there doing dumb things with guns (shooting from/across the road, pointing in unsafe directions, etc)

A LOT of gangster types out there too.

First time I ever felt uncomfortable there.

Be safe!

fed20
04-02-2010, 5:29 PM
Just got back from Bee Canyon. What a shame.
Great place to shoot but what a mess. I cleaned what little I could, filled only a couple bags. Not much room in my Jetta.
The Ranger was very helpful and informative. It was my first time there and I will go back for sure.
My son and I had a great time.

If a clean up is organized I would be honored to be there.

msand951
04-03-2010, 4:15 PM
The times ive gone there thru out the years i live here like 15yrs. Ive seen about one time some hispanics shooting i wont say gangmembers cause i dont know them. Not every hispanic is a gangmember. And i never had any problems. The only time someone wanted to start problems was some skinheads in a jeep cherokee yelling and saying racist remarks as they shoot on the next canyon. I also noticed while i was shooting we were the only hispanics there the looks from the riders, 4x4, shooters there and rangers were unwelcoming and we dont look or dress gangster. Its basically stereo typical prejudice/ racist crap. Im going to start going more often to check out these socalled labeled gangsters. Hell, im going to pull over and asked them to see what they have seen or been thru there. And put 2 and 2 together.

welchy
04-03-2010, 6:40 PM
Just another reason to hate people. I've got a pretty long list.

Mine's pretty long as well.

Ron-Solo
04-03-2010, 10:42 PM
Not every hispanic is a gangmember.

True. I never said they were Hispanic, but some of them were

And i never had any problems. The only time someone wanted to start problems was some skinheads in a jeep cherokee yelling and saying racist remarks as they shoot on the next canyon.

Skinheads are often members of a gang.

I also noticed while i was shooting we were the only hispanics there the looks from the riders, 4x4, shooters there and rangers were unwelcoming and we dont look or dress gangster.

I'm white and have received some strange looks from rangers, riders, etc. Strange looks have nothing to do with race most of the time

Its basically stereo typical prejudice/ racist crap.

Not always. Some people are curious about what you're shooting, and some of the off roaders are not comfortable around us gun owners

Im going to start going more often to check out these socalled labeled gangsters. Hell, im going to pull over and asked them to see what they have seen or been thru there. And put 2 and 2 together.

Be careful and good luck with that

I've been in LE for 32 years and I'm pretty good at recognizing gangsters and separating out the wannabe's.

Gangsters and thugs come in all colors and gender.

Aloha,

Ron

msand951
04-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Your Right Ron.
But from San Jacinto to Hemet, Temecula and Murrieta. Are different than the IE. The same way you can they wannabes to gangsters you can recognize other things as well. Leos might say skinheads are gangs but really , mostly blk an hispanic. Let be realistic now. I know of some Leos using the term Canadians on the radio when they mean blk or hispanic gangster type. The areas i mentioned above are the highest when it comes to white supremacy they control most of the meth. And are know being considered domestic terrorist. I wont get into it on the web on were i work. Just be careful out there guys from one calgunner to another. Oh for the record I didnt mean to piss off anybody. One thing i hate the most the same as skinheads are mexican gangs that makes us looks bad. I know I have more to blame on them.

dskell
04-05-2010, 12:31 AM
I checked with the Forest Service a while back and they said if there was a organized clean up they would close it to shooting that day for the cleanup.

It may be good to wait until they close it for fire season (which should be in late May) and then go in an clean it really good.

Let me know if anyone organizes a clean up. I will contact a few friends too.

Great idea.

Once the announce that it is closed for fire season, I'll start a new thread to organize a clean up.

spokes
04-05-2010, 9:47 AM
Was at Bee Canyon on Saturday from about noon to 2pm. Everyone we saw there was mellow and most of them waved when they/we drove by. Place was packed. Luckily we found a decent spot just barely off the road. The canyon is definitely getting dirty with shot-up targets and trash. I would have done more clean-up around the canyon, but every spot was being used.

Waiting until fire season is a good idea. I could make the trip-out for a day of cleaning.

dskell
04-05-2010, 5:35 PM
I spoke with John Ladley with the forest service on the phone today about organizing a clean up of the Bee Canyon shooting area. I forget his exact title but I believe he is in charge of the Bee Canyon area.

We discussed some ideas for the clean up and he brought up some interesting points based on previous cleanups done by different organizations.

1. What to do with all the trash once we've picked it up off the ground?\
He said that the fire station in that area has a dumpster that they have used for cleanups before but, we probably would not be able to completely fill it up because the fire station still needs to be able to use it. A dumpster also fills up pretty quickly.

Disposing of the trash at the dump also costs money. He mentioned possibly having sponsors or getting donations?

2. A large group of people is difficult to manage and brings up some logistics issues.
He mentioned having a series of smaller clean ups instead of one massive one simply because it is much easier to manage and is less of a logistical challenge.

3. We need to have some form of first aid available to us.
He mentioned that of course the rangers would be able to help and that we don't need to have an elaborate plan but, a plan nonetheless.

4. Bathrooms
I don't think we'd have too many problems with this issue because I'm guessing most of the people helping would be males.

I brought up the idea o waiting until fire season is upon us (He is estimating late summer, early fall because of all the rain this year) so that we can get a more complete clean up. He said that this was a great idea for a few reasons. Right now he is in the selection process for hiring a new OHV coordinator or something along those lines. By the time the area closes or shooting he should have a new one hired. This person would most likely help directly coordinate/supervise the cleanup.

Lastly, he said he is very interested in getting to know some of the shooters that regularly use the area. When decisions are being made about changing the area etc. he'd like to have the opinion of the people who use the area regularly. So, if you feel comfortable doing so, send me a PM with your email address and I'll send it off to him.

If you have any ideas, feel free to post them up.

-Dave

Benelli12
04-06-2010, 1:36 PM
I'm in for a Bee Canyon clean up, so if you start a list put my name on it.

warbird
04-06-2010, 2:44 PM
I am way up north but in terms of trash disposal does the county have a rate for a one time pickup. Maybe send a truck out at the end of the day and collect donations for that? How about getting a port a potty service to donate a couple. Maybe the county has some guys doing county clean up on probation on Saturday and a crew and their porta pottys could come out. First aid is always a merit badge for some boys scouts and you might get a few of them or maybe a medic to volunteer to come out. There are lots of options if you think outside the box as they say. As far as cleaning a large area with a lot of people do as the army did. One line and sweep one area and then move to the next. Have everyone bring their own water and toilet paper.

GIVE a two weeks notice about the clean up date and tell them the site might be closed longer than a day for clean up if people don't start hauling trash out to designated dumpsters listed on the notice. Have the rangers had out copies. You may have to make those copies depending on budget issues. Also make sure everyone knows on clean up day the rangers and cops will be patrolling. Maybe people will get the hint and start cleaning up before the date in the hope of keeping it to a one day shut down. And do it in the middle of season and make it inconvienent for the shooters. That way they won't want it to happen again and will take their trash with them the next time.

Eat Dirt
04-06-2010, 3:37 PM
I was just out this morning " Harvesting Brass "

Picked up a collection of shot-up paint cans / plastic bottles /oven racks some kind of stuffed aminal

cindynles
04-06-2010, 6:43 PM
Count me in for a clean up. I have a truck and am willing to pay the $20 to drop off a load of trash at the dump or Paris transfer station.

forynot
04-07-2010, 8:54 PM
I'm in for the clean up...Just let me know when. I will donate all the trash bags

HikeandHunt
04-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Hi folks. I am totally new to Calguns and I am just getting back into shooting after a 10 year hiatus. It is good to be back. :)

I live close to Hemet and I have a small truck. I would be happy to go with any group on a weekday or a weekend day and help clean the place up. I have not been there in over 10 years I didn't even think about going shooting there even though it is so much closer to me than any of the other ranges I have gone to.

AndrewMendez
04-08-2010, 12:40 AM
Never realized how far past me was. Thats like Hemet area!!! I am still down for a range clean up though.

dskell
04-09-2010, 12:37 AM
I was just out this morning " Harvesting Brass "

Picked up a collection of shot-up paint cans / plastic bottles /oven racks some kind of stuffed aminal

Good stuff.

Count me in for a clean up. I have a truck and am willing to pay the $20 to drop off a load of trash at the dump or Paris transfer station.

That'd be awesome.

I'm in for the clean up...Just let me know when. I will donate all the trash bags

You got it. I'm guessing it will be around the end of summer.

Hi folks. I am totally new to Calguns and I am just getting back into shooting after a 10 year hiatus. It is good to be back. :)

I live close to Hemet and I have a small truck. I would be happy to go with any group on a weekday or a weekend day and help clean the place up. I have not been there in over 10 years I didn't even think about going shooting there even though it is so much closer to me than any of the other ranges I have gone to.

That would be much appreciated.

Never realized how far past me was. Thats like Hemet area!!! I am still down for a range clean up though.

Awesome.

I think if there are enough people that are willing to just take the trash back with them that would be the simplest way of disposing of it. It sounds like most people would be cool with that.

As for the porta johns I think we could probably get by without them.

The time for the clean up will most likely be the end of summer because the area is still very moist according to the forest service. This will be easiest because there won't be people shooting and, the place won't get trashed the day after we leave.

Eat Dirt
04-09-2010, 5:51 PM
LATEST NEWS!!!!!

The Canyons Are CLEAN !!!!!

Another shooter friend went out with his son yesterday to do a little plinking
When he got back he sent me an E-mail about it

I guess the forest service got the C.C,C. guys ( Orange Jumpsuit ??)
out into all the canyons for Spring Cleaning
So I had to go see for myself ::
I went out today and couldn't belive it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The broken T V sets were gone .....the empty boxes were gone ......
The targets on the hillside were gone

But still there was some trash from just Today
I brought back some kind of plastic pallet and a bag of spray paint cans !!!

Rusty Shackleford
04-09-2010, 6:41 PM
LATEST NEWS!!!!!

The Canyons Are CLEAN !!!!!

Another shooter friend went out with his son yesterday to do a little plinking
When he got back he sent me an E-mail about it

I guess the forest service got the C.C,C. guys ( Orange Jumpsuit ??)
out into all the canyons for Spring Cleaning
So I had to go see for myself ::
I went out today and couldn't belive it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The broken T V sets were gone .....the empty boxes were gone ......
The targets on the hillside were gone

But still there was some trash from just Today
I brought back some kind of plastic pallet and a bag of spray paint cans !!!

That sounds like a good way for the corrections department to teach a lesson to would be criminals.

They might think twice about breaking in to someones house seeing all the shooting trash us average citizens can make.

A lot of people have guns and use them.....think twice about crime.

Benelli12
04-10-2010, 6:18 PM
I second the cleanliness. Went for the first time today and was expecting a mess. There were half a dozen trucks up there, some bikes, and all was well. Everyone was friendly, waving, backing up to let you buy on the single lane road, it was nice. There were a few empty shells and some brass where we shot but not too bad. We enjoyed ourselves, and yes we packed out the trash we came across.

Hard_2_Kill
04-12-2010, 8:39 PM
Never fails....A few bad apples can ruin a good thing for everyone. Kudos to everyone who helped to cleanup the area.

Eat Dirt
04-14-2010, 9:57 PM
Well . For the most part the canyons are staying clean

So Far .

I was out yesterday afternoon to check things out
Of course there was some boxes of empty clays ......shot up of course
a lot of empty shell boxes
We picked up enough to make a nice pile in the back of the wifes Subaran
I carry one of those collaspable trash cans / Don't want to get the wife's ride dirty .........

And what's with shooting up old Kiddy toys ?
Like Play-School stuff . The brighter the colors the betterThe lawn mower. The basketball hoop
"""O' Ya . We didn't sell it at the yard sale . So let's go shoot it """

glockwise2000
04-14-2010, 10:28 PM
We have been to Bee Canyon once and we ended up hauling more trash than we estimated that we brought to the area. I know we even hauled car doors that were used as targets that some people have left.

It is disgusting that some shooters using the area are very irresponsible.

gundangly
04-17-2010, 6:31 PM
We need more people like you guys that care about our shooting sites .:)

dskell
04-20-2010, 11:55 PM
Well . For the most part the canyons are staying clean

So Far .

I was out yesterday afternoon to check things out
Of course there was some boxes of empty clays ......shot up of course
a lot of empty shell boxes
We picked up enough to make a nice pile in the back of the wifes Subaran
I carry one of those collaspable trash cans / Don't want to get the wife's ride dirty .........

And what's with shooting up old Kiddy toys ?
Like Play-School stuff . The brighter the colors the betterThe lawn mower. The basketball hoop
"""O' Ya . We didn't sell it at the yard sale . So let's go shoot it """

It seems like every time I go out there is a stuffed animal in one of the canyons.

Waiting to organize the clean up until fire season is here. Should be nice and late this year with all the rain! :D

Eat Dirt
04-23-2010, 9:33 PM
The rattlesnakes are starting to come out
SO . Be Carefull !!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen 2 this week alone

Here's a thread I started about it

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=4176557#post4176557

RivCoFireman
06-20-2010, 4:59 PM
I'm in San Jac, let me know when the next clean-up is.

Eat Dirt
06-20-2010, 7:11 PM
I'm in San Jac, let me know when the next clean-up is.

Hey, Nice post for your first one !!
Thanks and WELCOME

I know it's starting to get" nasty" out there
I was out there last weekend and it sickens me to see the mess some people leave behide

Biggred
07-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Hey Eat Dirt, Check yer PM's. Biggred

NovaTodd
07-18-2010, 9:55 PM
Let me know as well. I will help if I can. I don't usually look at this forum.

Biggred
07-21-2010, 4:22 PM
Looks like it's finally going to happen. Bee Canyon Cleanup Mod. 1 ver. 1. Stay tuned for a date for a meeting and get together. Seems we found someone serious about Helping us get organized. OHV Dave, Eat dirt and I have been talking and it looks good. More to follow. Frank

Ron-Solo
07-21-2010, 5:26 PM
Keep me posted, I'd like to help as much as my screwed up back will allow, but I can bring friends with enough notice. We need to take care of Bee Canyon so it can take care of us.

Eat Dirt
07-22-2010, 4:49 PM
HERE IT IS !!!!

The Bee Canyon Clean-up Site...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=4660442#post4660442

Step # 1 ... a meeting Sat . July 31 / 9: AM

Cranston Ranger Station