PDA

View Full Version : Cars vs. Guns

CharAznable
03-21-2010, 4:06 PM
In a lot of the UOC articles I see sheeple going "Oh, but seeing that guy at Starbucks with a gun scares me."

Seeing teenagers driving scares the bejeebus out of me. Why isn't that enough of a reason to ban them?

You take a written test to get a license and you take a written test to buy a gun. You have to demonstrate to the DMV you can drive safely and you have to demonstrate that you can safely operate the firearm before you take it home. How is it different?

P.S. I don't think UOC is really that good of an idea for 2 reasons: OPSEC and it does make people nervous, which in my day-to-day activities doesn't seem helpful. But I still think the question is valid.

bigcalidave
03-21-2010, 4:09 PM
I agree, I'm TERRIFIED by some of the people I see driving... Much more so than seeing a person with a gun.

Window_Seat
03-21-2010, 4:36 PM
MmmmmmIiiiiiiiiiiii PREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDICT.... There are a few of us who would like to see an indefinite moratorium on new driver licenses, especially for teenagers, unless a person was doing it to purely drive for a living. You will walk, take the bus, etc. For those who already have licenses, you get to keep them until they expire, then show "good cause" for needing one.

Oh, you say it won't stop them from driving? They won't be able to after their first offense, because the vehicle will be taken away and "melted down" or destroyed, just like the gun, then you get charged with a felony.

Vehicle buyback programs will happen IN SCHOOLS!!!

:yes: It will happen. :yes:I'm :nuts: Just wait. :devil: :popcorn:

ChrisTKHarris
03-21-2010, 4:40 PM
Both are dangerous when used by those who are irresponsible.

cltitus
03-21-2010, 5:10 PM
1. Terrified
2. Frighten
3. Those that don't understand the Law are TERRIFIED and FRIGHTEN so they call the cop's
4. Educate the Public and the OFFICERS by Open Carry

This has yet been forgotten. The wild wild west it was common to see someone with a gun because of the Limited Law. People started to put away their guns when the police forces became larger. If they would have kept them things might be a little different today.

Anything is a lethal weapon in the hands of a train professional or those practicing self education, motivation, dedication. Those that do not practice are uneducated and unknowingly conform to 1 thing 911.

magsnubs
03-21-2010, 5:34 PM
I'm terrified and frightened every time the legislature convenes. That goes for state and federal, not to mention the city council.

I'm frightened and terrified every time I talk to school aged kids about the indoctrination they have substituted for an education.

I'm frightened and terrified when Congress lies, and bribes to pass a bill that we clearly don't want, and that will cause untold hardship for everyone in our country.

I'm frightened and terrified when the general public has no problem relinquishing my rights in exchange for the perception of security.

My only solace is the knowledge that Americans, once they've had enough, cannot be stopped in their pursuit of justice. Now, it's just a matter of waiting until it's clear to us that this nonsense has gone too far.

bohoki
03-21-2010, 7:34 PM
You take a written test to get a license and you take a written test to buy a gun. You have to demonstrate to the DMV you can drive safely and you have to demonstrate that you can safely operate the firearm before you take it home. How is it different?

huh since when did they require you to demonstrate you can safely operate a "firearm"

a pistol maybe but not rifles and shotguns or have i been under a rock too long

the difference is that driving is a privilege not a right

magsnubs
03-21-2010, 7:41 PM
correction, driving has been DEEMED to be a privilege, by the privilege doler outers.

CharAznable
03-21-2010, 7:59 PM
a pistol maybe but not rifles and shotguns or have i been under a rock too long

Sorry, I've only bought a pistol so far and I had to be able to safely operate it they said. Yeah, that took 2 minutes...

captn-tin
03-22-2010, 7:32 AM
if freedom of assembly is a right,would not the method of transportation to said assembly place also a right? therefore are the licence fees, misc. taxes we pay for this privilege?, right? constitutional?

MichaelKent
03-22-2010, 9:33 AM
Okay let's actually think about this analogy for a moment... You'd like for people to begin to learn to drive around the time they start legally drinking?

If you think teens are scary, imagine drunk 21 year olds that have been behind the wheel all of 3 weeks. :p

The reality is age and maturity are important, but aren't as essential to driving as experience is. Often times teenagers get into accidents with the elderly or people who aren't paying attention - usually not because the teen was reckless (though that does happen), but because they're not experienced enough to respond appropriately to bad drivers. If anything, we should get the elderly off the road.

The analogy would work better if the comparison point was that they were both examples of "unreasonable / irrational fears", but if you're actually afraid of teen drivers the example doesn't really hold.

guntntteacher
03-22-2010, 9:43 AM
I am a teacher at a socal high school. Teens with cars is vey scarrrry. they have bumper car problems in the student lot. Hey most can't even drive a pencil to write their name on an assignment.

bomb_on_bus
03-22-2010, 1:29 PM
I'm terrified and frightened every time the legislature convenes. That goes for state and federal, not to mention the city council.

I'm frightened and terrified every time I talk to school aged kids about the indoctrination they have substituted for an education.

I'm frightened and terrified when Congress lies, and bribes to pass a bill that we clearly don't want, and that will cause untold hardship for everyone in our country.

I'm frightened and terrified when the general public has no problem relinquishing my rights in exchange for the perception of security.

My only solace is the knowledge that Americans, once they've had enough, cannot be stopped in their pursuit of justice. Now, it's just a matter of waiting until it's clear to us that this nonsense has gone too far.

well said sir+1

Hooligan
03-22-2010, 2:07 PM
Since there have been laws passed to either prevent or regulate constitutional rights (like 2A rights). I think we need to pass laws to also help protect society from another right that is generally wielded with less care and formal training. I'm talking about the right to vote!

Our country lets anybody do it :eek::
no requirement to pass a test to see if you have any clue what you are voting on;
no waiting period to "cool off" from the latest mud slinging commercial;
no direct out of pocket fees or taxes to exercised the right;
no permits or licenses required;
zero 'direct' penalty for making a poor decision and voting incorrectly.
The only thing done right is restricting the excercising of this right to one time (per election).

I mean really, if you utilize a weapon (car) to do harm, you could potentially hurt, what 10-20, maybe 50 people? But using your right to vote could harm millions!

What is this country and it's legislators doing- think of the children.

My sarcasm for the day;)

Redlinegts
03-22-2010, 7:22 PM
You guys should go to the indoor go-kart facility I used to work at and just sit there for 15 minutes. I guarantee you will see those stereotypical teens, women, and ASIANS(I'm asian, but I don't drive like s***) crashing into the barriers and going underneath them. It's scary to think that these people are out on the road because they lack the common sense to LET GO OF THE ACCELERATOR PEDAL during a turn with an electric kart that goes 40mph indoors.

ChrisTKHarris
03-22-2010, 8:55 PM
You guys should go to the indoor go-kart facility I used to work at and just sit there for 15 minutes. I guarantee you will see those stereotypical teens, women, and ASIANS(I'm asian, but I don't drive like s***) crashing into the barriers and going underneath them. It's scary to think that these people are out on the road because they lack the common sense to LET GO OF THE ACCELERATOR PEDAL during a turn with an electric kart that goes 40mph indoors.

They need to learn how to drive the line. :)