PDA

View Full Version : Garand single shot adapter restricted?

rp55
03-21-2010, 12:44 PM
I know there's some really stupid instances of companies not selling items to California but Sportsmans Guide (http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=453921) will not sell me a Garand single shot adapter.

WTF?
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j302/rpwhite55/guns/adaptor-order.jpg

I only ordered it to get an order over $100 to get the $10 discount. I already have two that I bought online (they are the cut and reshaped clips and I thought this looked nicer). Their ad says "this item cannot be shipped to Marin, Napa, Ventura and Yolo counties, CA" but I live in Monterey County and they won't ship it. The customer service guy couldn't help me but gave me the number of the manager to speak with and I will tomorrow but I want my ducks ina row when I talk to this guy in case he jerks me around. I spend a lot of money with this company and if this is how they respond then not one penny more.

BTW, what insanity in those named counties restricts single shot adapters? I would have thought they'd have regulations requiring people to use them.

trautert
03-21-2010, 1:43 PM
This is an example of why I won't buy anything from them anymore. Someone asked for examples in an earlier post, but it has been quite a while since I dropped them, so I couldn't come up with one on the spot.

There is absolutely no reason on earth they couldn't ship this to California.

JacobCR03
03-21-2010, 2:03 PM
Years back I used to buy quite a lot of items from SG, but when they refused to ship a bayonet for my Swiss K31 to CA, that was it. The response from the customer service rep. that I spoke to said that it was because of CA law, and that it was my fault for the political climate here. I then had them cancel my "Buyers Club" membership and take my name off of their mailing lists. There are just too many other vendors out there that would want my business.

flying2275
03-21-2010, 10:39 PM
I will never buy from them again. I once placed and order for ammo, did the online checkout and the total was around $500 shipped (a pretty good price for what I was ordering .

I got the ammo from the man in the brown truck 5 days later. When my credit card statement came later I noticed they had charged me around $900. I immediately called them and asked why I was charged more. There response was the price of the ammo went up after I had placed my order and before they shipped. They refused to refund me the difference. I spoke to 3 "supervisors" and all said the same thing.

So for the first time in my life I filled a BBB report on them. Within 24 hours I received a call from another supervisor saying they were refunding me the difference and sending me a $50 gift certificate for my next purchase.

I guess in the end they fixed there ****up but that gift certificate is still sitting on my desk over a year later. If you go to the Minnesota BBB you can see they have had a lot of complaints filled against them.

http://www.bbb.org/minnesota/business-reviews/sporting-goods-retail/the-sportsmans-guide-in-south-saint-paul-mn-8634#complaint

Vladimir
03-21-2010, 10:45 PM
I will never buy from them again. I once placed and order for ammo, did the online checkout and the total was around $500 shipped (a pretty good price for what I was ordering .

I got the ammo from the man in the brown truck 5 days later. When my credit card statement came later I noticed they had charged me around $900. I immediately called them and asked why I was charged more. There response was the price of the ammo went up after I had placed my order and before they shipped. They refused to refund me the difference. I spoke to 3 "supervisors" and all said the same thing.

So for the first time in my life I filled a BBB report on them. Within 24 hours I received a call from another supervisor saying they were refunding me the difference and sending me a $50 gift certificate for my next purchase.

I guess in the end they fixed there ****up but that gift certificate is still sitting on my desk over a year later. If you go to the Minnesota BBB you can see they have had a lot of complaints filled against them.

http://www.bbb.org/minnesota/business-reviews/sporting-goods-retail/the-sportsmans-guide-in-south-saint-paul-mn-8634#complaint

wow very nice! Ill make sure not to buy from them again, that stunning how they just charged your card without telling.

Sam Adams
03-22-2010, 7:21 AM
Try Fulton Armory. I purchased a single round clip, two round clip and a five round clip from them. No problems.

rp55
03-22-2010, 9:14 AM
Same old crap. It's a "part to an assault weapon under our policy" canceled buyers club membership and everything. Done with them. Never in my life had customer service rep so rude to me.

Bhobbs
03-22-2010, 1:36 PM

I believe that is illegal. You only authorized the $500 so they "stole" the other $400.

0321jarhead
03-22-2010, 1:41 PM
Sportsman Guide and Cheaper than Dirt both suck.

flying2275
03-22-2010, 3:24 PM
I believe that is illegal. You only authorized the $500 so they "stole" the other $400.

When I saw the charge I was pissed. If they hadn't refunded me the difference I'm I could have disputed it with my CC company.

I know a few others had this same problem with this ammo. I was linked to it by a thread in the commercial deals thread.

I think what happened was they put the wrong price for that ammo on their website and realized there f*** up after alot of people had ordered. Then instead of calling, they just thought they could sneak the price increase threw without anyone noticing.

Bhobbs
03-22-2010, 3:40 PM
When I saw the charge I was pissed. If they hadn't refunded me the difference I'm I could have disputed it with my CC company.

I know a few others had this same problem with this ammo. I was linked to it by a thread in the commercial deals thread.

I think what happened was they put the wrong price for that ammo on their website and realized there f*** up after alot of people had ordered. Then instead of calling, they just thought they could sneak the price increase threw without anyone noticing.

Your CC company probably would have dropped the +$400 charge.

Seesm
03-23-2010, 12:08 AM
Wow you sold me on NEVER buying from them. Thanks man!!

dfletcher
03-23-2010, 10:05 AM
SG is terrible, they wouldn't ship an M1 carbine rear sight so that was the end for me about 2 years ago. Called & told them so, asked them to stop shipping their flyer - they didn't of course but I haven't bought anything since and their latest flyer says "this is your last chance" .....

Looking back, I'm kind of glad they wasted $25.00 or so on mailing & catalogs.

E-120
03-23-2010, 11:46 AM
I will never purchase from them again. I ordered 1000 rounds of ammo. They charged my CC. The ammo then went on back order for a month. Then get a letter that the ammo has gone up another 100 dollars. Spoke to several managers about their bait and switch policy's. Cancelled my order and membership.

jamesob
03-23-2010, 12:01 PM
cancel your order and never buy there again.

Backinblack1234
03-23-2010, 5:55 PM
I guess they don't want our money. ::banghead:

halifax
03-23-2010, 7:17 PM
The first and only order I placed with them was followed quickly by a phone call from my CC company asking if I just placed an order for $4800 to some other sporting goods company. Sure am glad my CC company was on the ball.

Called SG to ask WTH was going on. The agent didn't seem surprised at all that my CC was being used fraudulently only seconds after placing my order.:confused:. I cancelled my order and my CC.

singleshotman
03-23-2010, 7:38 PM
I once tried to buy a Martini-Henry in 577/450 from them, because they had a $150/month payment plan.They refused to sell to me, they said it wasn't an Antique(the last was made in 1888).I called the DOJ, they said it was very funny, laughed at them, and me.