PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Been to Berryessa Lately?

gigante
03-21-2010, 10:01 AM
Hi Everyone, I'm heading up to Berryessa this week to do some bass and crappie fishing and was wondering if someone had a recent fishing report. Bass heading up into the shallows yet? Crappie hittin? What's goin on? Thanks

pieeater
03-21-2010, 12:46 PM
I'll be driving by there next weekend to go to my turkey spot. We've had a couple nice days dont know if the water has warmed up any though.

gigante
03-21-2010, 3:02 PM
You must have a good spot, PE. Many times I see more turkey than bass up there. Good luck on your season.

grymster
03-21-2010, 8:48 PM
We should be riding by next weekend, but I only fly fish, so I'll just wave! :)

Bearclaw
03-22-2010, 10:48 AM
I'll be driving by there next weekend to go to my turkey spot. We've had a couple nice days dont know if the water has warmed up any though.

You hunting private or public??? Isn't there a State Wildlife Area around there somewhere?

pieeater
03-22-2010, 4:03 PM
You hunting private or public??? Isn't there a State Wildlife Area around there somewhere?

Private, and yeah there is knoxville WA. I spent some time in there when it first opened helping a buddy find birds. I did find them preseason but that was when it first opened its probably been raped and pillaged by now not sure if there are still birds on it.

Bearclaw
03-22-2010, 4:44 PM
Thanks. That's the place I was thinking of. Just couldn't remember the name. I thought about heading up there this season...IF I do, I'll be sure to post a report.

pieeater
03-22-2010, 4:53 PM
Thanks. That's the place I was thinking of. Just couldn't remember the name. I thought about heading up there this season...IF I do, I'll be sure to post a report.

It gets hunted pretty hard id go mid to late season . not as many people and the birds are on the move.

ThatFishGuy
03-22-2010, 8:52 PM
I was there this morning..... SKUNKED. Lame. I saw a nice bass under the dock i was fishing, but couldnt get any strikes. All the reports say that people are starting to catch them in around 10' of water, but I've only seen a couple. Its been tough fishing for me for quite a while. Hopefully the spawn is better.

Bearclaw
03-24-2010, 2:00 PM
It gets hunted pretty hard id go mid to late season . not as many people and the birds are on the move.

Thanks pie. It wont be till then if I do go anyway, since I'm spending the early season elsewhere.

gigante
03-24-2010, 7:20 PM
I was there this morning..... SKUNKED. Lame. I saw a nice bass under the dock i was fishing, but couldnt get any strikes. All the reports say that people are starting to catch them in around 10' of water, but I've only seen a couple. Its been tough fishing for me for quite a while. Hopefully the spawn is better.

Hey TFG, thanks for the reply. Was wondering when an actual fishing report post would come through. I just got back today. A handfull of Bass, a handful of Crappie, and a coupe of Kokanee for an overnight trip. Not what I was hoping for, but it sure beats work. Beautiful weather! Had to work hard for the bass. All on plastic < 25' of water. Most of them just draggin a jig or Roboworm with the trolling motor runnin slow.

ThatFishGuy
03-27-2010, 6:10 PM
Glad to hear you caught somethin. Ya i was stuck to shore fishing which can be pretty tough since so much of it is inaccessible. I know some good trolling spots for a little closer to summer. The trout are easy in a couple months, trolling is about the only way though. good work