PDA

View Full Version : Why would a thread be locked?

Markus
03-21-2010, 2:39 AM
Hi guys Im fairly new here and have been browsing our lovely marketplace and I noticed that someone who is selling something I was has a thread up but it is locked. Now why would that be? It didnt have anything that I could see different from many other FS ads on here. So is it locked for a reason? Is this person a troublemaker? Any help on this would be appreciated.

trapshot68
03-21-2010, 6:57 AM
couple of things?

Necro-post; sold a long time ago, and someone bumped it up back from the dead.

24hr bump violation. The seller/thread creator cannot bump the thread more then once in a 24hr period.

Markus
03-21-2010, 10:13 AM
Not a necro post and not a single bump from the seller or anyone just people asking for pics and such.

Lateralus
03-21-2010, 3:17 PM
Not a necro post and not a single bump from the seller or anyone just people asking for pics and such.

Seller could have left out location or price. Maybe it was posted in the wrong forum. Maybe he needed to combine multiple ads.

Threads don't just become locked randomly. Even if he inadvertently broke a rule, I've always seen mods tell the seller first before taking any action.

I would say there's a perfectly reasonable explanation floating around out there.