PDA

View Full Version : Interarms Luger

pigncat
03-21-2010, 12:36 AM
Hi,
I am interested in buying a Mauser P08 imported by Interarms. I believed it was produced in 1975. I am not a C&R license holder. Can I purchase this pistol through a FFL dealer whom has a C&R license legally? Is this gun even legal to own in California?
pigncat

Mssr. Eleganté
03-21-2010, 1:19 AM
Lugers are perfectly legal to own in California. You would need to purchase it through a California licensed dealer. If the Luger in question qualifies as C&R then you could have it shipped to your local dealer from out of state or from in-state, since its C&R status would exempt it from the safe handgun roster. If the Luger in question does not qualify as C&R then you would have to buy it through a Private Party Transfer, where the buyer and seller meet in person at the California licensed dealer to complete the transfer. Private Party Transfers are exempt from the safe handgun roster.

I don't think that all of the 1970's Interarms Lugers qualify as C&R. I think only the "Swiss model" versions are on the C&R list.

pigncat
03-21-2010, 2:22 AM
Hi,
Thanks for your detailed response. Yes, it is a swiss-frame Luger.
Pigncat

dfletcher
03-21-2010, 8:39 AM
From the C & R list:

"Luger, Mauser Parabellum, semiautomatic pistol, 7.65mm or 9mm Luger, 4 and 6" barrel, Swiss pattern with grip safety and the American Eagle stamped on the receiver; made from 1970 to 1978"

Not having the C & R is no issue - if you had the C & R and COE then you'd be able to pick it up the same day it arrives at your FFL dealer.

I have a stainless Stoeger Luger with 6" bbl (not C & R) and it's a ball to shoot. None of the malfunctioning horror stories materialized, but I did stick with 124 FMJ.

pigncat
03-21-2010, 8:38 PM
Thanks for your answer. I can't wait to shoot this pistol.
pigncat