PDA

View Full Version : "reserve" LEO's and hi-caps/off-roster guns

IrishPirate
03-20-2010, 11:03 PM
I remember reading in another thread that I can't find now, that reserve LEO's are now exempt from hi-cap mag laws....can anyone shed some light on that?

Also (and i could have just made this up in my head............mad cow......) I thought someone else said that reserves are able to buy off roster handguns too. again, need some light shed here.

Now, if either of these are true that imediately begs the question, "what constitutes a reserve LEO?" Search and Rescue personnel are reservists with the sheriff dept....would that count? What else might be considered a reserve LEO?

Cheers,

:cheers2:

thebronze
03-21-2010, 12:50 AM
I remember reading in another thread that I can't find now, that reserve LEO's are now exempt from hi-cap mag laws....can anyone shed some light on that?

Also (and i could have just made this up in my head............mad cow......) I thought someone else said that reserves are able to buy off roster handguns too. again, need some light shed here.

Now, if either of these are true that imediately begs the question, "what constitutes a reserve LEO?"

Person(s) enumerated in PC 830.6

Search and Rescue personnel are reservists with the sheriff dept....would that count?

Not unless they fall under PC 830.6

What else might be considered a reserve LEO?

See answer 1 & 2

Cheers,

:cheers2:

Depends. See above.

IrishPirate
03-21-2010, 7:25 PM
gracias....