PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist ad - GUY NEEDS HELP WITH WILD PIGS

gilroyguns
03-20-2010, 6:42 PM
Just browsing thru Craigslist and saw this, i have already replied for my Buddies, as i dont hunt but they do.

SPREAD THE WORD

"I have a 7,200 acre ranch and boars are destroying my land. I bought this ranch last year to plant a vineyard, but these pigs have rooted up my first planting and I don't know what to do. If anybody is interested in shooting some of these pesky critters I would be forever indebted! As a thank you, you may take a turkey or even a buck during deer season if you get some of these hogs off the land. I am not sure if anybody would be interested in shooting these vermin, but I was quoted $100 per hog removed from an extermination company. That would cost me tens of thousands based on the amout of pigs here, so I thought I would ask the publics help at this time. Again if anybody would be interested in exterminating these varmits I would be forever greatful. Thanks. I will pay for your ammo and fuel expenses if that will encourage you to come and help me out. My ranch is clearly marked and I can give you GPS coordinates to hunt the land. I do ask you be respectful as this is also a working cattle ranch. My land is swarming with these hogs and I really could use the help! Thanks in advance if anybody is interested.

PS: You must meet me at the gate if you want to hunt the land, if you have a 4wd you can drive around as most roads are in fine shape. You will see hogs right away but I ask that you don't start shooting until you are will inside the land."

Craigslist ad is

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/spo/1651652347.html

I have absolutely nothing to do with this so dont reply to me.

daveinwoodland
03-20-2010, 6:59 PM
I shot him an email, THANKS for that post Wow!

Rem1492
03-20-2010, 7:10 PM
Id get something in writing as well.

Lots of that locally in TX. The fun part is hunting, the not so fun part is hauling it away. Be careful what you wish for. Not all are edible.

Bring friends :)

PolishMike
03-20-2010, 7:16 PM
Looks like some *******s ruined it for everybody

daveinwoodland
03-20-2010, 7:37 PM
?????What was ruined PM?

ChaparralCommando
03-20-2010, 7:57 PM
I seriously would not be surprised if some PETA person put this on Craiglist trying to trick hunters into wasting their time.
Someone who is wealthy enough to recently buy over 11 square miles of land should be smart enough to figure that there is demand for paying hunters. Plus if he didn't care about the income, he could just do what compulsivegunbuyer said above.

DiscoBayJoe
03-20-2010, 8:06 PM
?????What was ruined PM?

Click the original link, then press refresh. There's an update

FMJBT
03-20-2010, 8:09 PM
Nice. Either the whole thing was put on by PETA, or the guy just has trouble spotting retards.

Update!!!! Due to the OVERWHELMING RESPONSE and the first group of hunters I don't know what to do. It did not go as planned---yes 11 boar were killed, but I just discovered one of my cows was shot in the head and left for dead. I have called the party and they are not responding, their group took four pigs. So this is the thanks I get for letting people on my land. A local guide has contacted me and instructed me not to let the public access the property. This guide says most hunters that would respond to my plea for help are probably "untrustworthy cheapskates"--his words. After my expereince, I agree. He has promised to manage my property and will charge hunters only $375 at the gate, and will supervise the hunters. He will check your cars when you leave and charge and additional $100 dollars for pigs taken off the land. He says most pig hunts are over $1,000 dollars, so this sounds like a great deal (I think). Thanks for the emails that warned my about letting the public at large on my land, what was I thinking.

PS: To the hunters that gutted their pigs and left guts and beer cans in the middle of the road, you ruined it for everybody. I am now worried about letting anybody unsupervised on my property. I guess people are different in CA, as I just move here from Utah last May.

And to the guy who has offered his wife in return for pig hunts, although she is attractive, I am offended. It's just plain immoral--poor woman.

SLYoteBoy
03-20-2010, 8:30 PM
Yeah I saw the update part also. I lulled. Who would honestly let everyone and there brothers pet dog onto their place like that. He was basically asking for it if it was real.

He could make a killing off of it. Charge 300 and go with them. Cut the middle man out. 300 is a killer deal compared to the 450 plus guide services normally charge.

He brought it upon himself really if it is legitimate.

shadowofnight
03-20-2010, 9:40 PM
I call BS! He has a working cattle ranch? Surely he has a couple ranch hands. Just dig a trench with a back hoe and have the hands shoot the animals. Then just bury them. This being on Craigslist pretty much guarantees it's BS.

Exactly what I thought ( See the other thread on this )...I emailed the ad instantly when it popped up at like 11:47am...never got a reply whatsoever.

Just someone/some organization poking fun at us....like I said in the other thread...If it sounds too good to be true...most of the time it is.

I Like Guns
03-20-2010, 9:45 PM
Not saying it can't happen but it seems too good.

ChrisO
03-20-2010, 9:56 PM
I'm calling BS on it. Some PETA panzies or something.

Vtec44
03-20-2010, 10:15 PM
It's fake. But I laughed at the wife proposal.

elevated
03-20-2010, 10:29 PM
i hope everyone flagged that post. post a new thread to get that post off c-list. *******s

HokeySon
03-20-2010, 10:34 PM
the way the "update" is written, I was expecting them to tell me that I won the lottery or that their relative hid millions in the Bank before being assinated, but if I helped them I could have half of it. Some how, some way, this is not just fake, it is a scam.

daveinwoodland
03-20-2010, 10:39 PM
I don't think anyone ruined it it was scam from the begining

daveinwoodland
03-20-2010, 10:40 PM
Exactly what I thought ( See the other thread on this )...I emailed the ad instantly when it popped up at like 11:47am...never got a reply whatsoever.

Just someone/some organization poking fun at us....like I said in the other thread...If it sounds too good to be true...most of the time it is.
Yep, got to love these idiots with nothing to do but bs. Oh well such is life.

spectr17
03-20-2010, 11:16 PM
PT Barnum was right

daveinwoodland
03-20-2010, 11:25 PM
I flagged it until I got posting flagged for removal notice. I think I'll go post an ad selling left over ribs and other meat products for pennies on the dollar from the Saturday PETA celebration BBQ and put the phone number up for the National office.

I just happen to have that kind of time on my hands but won't because then we're no better then who ever did that one.

pieeater
03-21-2010, 8:43 AM
My wife canceled her plans for the weekend and was all set to go up there. Freakin CL flakes!!!