PDA

View Full Version : Stack-on / Sentry

vtecteg4u
02-06-2006, 5:45 PM
I was just reading through some threads in this forum. It seems that a bunch of people think that these stack-on safes will help protect your fireams from an intruder. FWIW they only have the 3 rods on one side and nothing on the top. They can be easily broken into with a large flathead screwdriver. There is actually a site where a student was away for xmas and came back to his busted safe and a screwdriver sitting next to it. These safes are good for keeping your firearms in one location but if you have $3000 in guns spend more than $300 on a damn safe

EvolutionGSR
02-06-2006, 6:54 PM
If you read closer, you'll notice that stack-on refers to them as "gun cabinets" not gun safes. Sentry does call their safes "safes". I am in the market for their 10 gun safe. Is there something about sentry I should know about that you would put them in the title of your post along with stack on?

vtecteg4u
02-07-2006, 11:42 AM
If you read closer, you'll notice that stack-on refers to them as "gun cabinets" not gun safes. Sentry does call their safes "safes". I am in the market for their 10 gun safe. Is there something about sentry I should know about that you would put them in the title of your post along with stack on?
Yes, they are the same thing. I don't care what the companies call them. All I see on these boards is people believing that they are excellent for protection against intruders where the complete opposite is actually true

JHC
02-07-2006, 2:29 PM
I have a gun cabinet and I know it wont keep a burgler out if they want in bad enough, but it will keep my children out of them, I keep a cheep shotgun in it as well a handgun both loaded, cocked, and locked for quick defense, it also serves as a decoy, all my good stuff is locked up elsewhere.

EvolutionGSR
02-07-2006, 5:18 PM
Yes, they are the same thing. I don't care what the companies call them. All I see on these boards is people believing that they are excellent for protection against intruders where the complete opposite is actually true

Surely there are differences between models that a company would call one line of them cabinets and one line of them safes, as i stand corrected in the other post about stack on cabinets vs their line of safes. I have seen the stack on cabinets, which are thin gauged steel lockboxes of many assorted sizes. I have not seen their safes. Anyone out there have experience with a stack on SAFE, not one of their cabinets?

metalhead357
02-07-2006, 6:53 PM
I have a gun cabinet and I know it wont keep a burgler out if they want in bad enough, but it will keep my children out of them, I keep a cheep shotgun in it as well a handgun both loaded, cocked, and locked for quick defense, it also serves as a decoy, all my good stuff is locked up elsewhere.

+1 on that, especially the decoy part. As I said in another thread the stack on's etc are "Entry" level safes....and maybe "safe" is still too strong a word.......

Metalhead