PDA

View Full Version : wow, COE in 1 week

beetle
03-20-2010, 11:03 AM
amazing, I sent my COE application last friday and it came yesterday! 1 week turnaround.

who would have thought anything related to the state could move so fast!

oh great, another enabler to making my wallet thin ;)

I'm tempted to go buy a C&R handgun just so that I can understand what folks in free state enjoy -- cash and carry :D

HskrVern
03-20-2010, 12:16 PM
amazing, I sent my COE application last friday and it came yesterday! 1 week turnaround.

oh great, another enabler to making my wallet thin ;)

I'm tempted to go buy a C&R handgun just so that I can understand what folks in free state enjoy -- cash and carry :D

That is pretty amazing. I was thinking about getting mine, but I transfer soon and won't be needing one :).

leitung
03-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Mine came in a week and a half.. They are on the ball over there lately..

AlliedArmory
03-22-2010, 3:14 PM
Its been almost 2 weeks and they haven't even sent me my application yet :(

n2k
03-22-2010, 3:21 PM
Its been almost 2 weeks and they haven't even sent me my application yet :(

I'm not sure what application you are waiting for, but this is what I used:

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/coeapp.pdf

Live Scan:

http://ag.ca.gov/fingerprints/publications/contact.php

hill billy
03-22-2010, 3:21 PM
You can download the app on line and then send it in.

beetle
03-22-2010, 3:26 PM
You can download the app on line and then send it in.

thats what I did, download the app, fill it out, send it in. bam, 1 week later COE in your hands! :)

kf6tac
03-22-2010, 4:47 PM
Mine came in a week and a half.. They are on the ball over there lately..

The sooner they get your COE issued, the sooner they get to start charging for renewals :p

timdps
03-22-2010, 7:40 PM

DOJ must be running out to things to do...

Cokebottle
03-22-2010, 7:44 PM
How long is the 03FFL taking? I sent mine in around the 1st.

SJgunguy24
03-22-2010, 7:46 PM
I'm waitin for mine. I've been calling the number listed on the ap and I have talked to a living person yet. Talked to Judy's message box but not Judy.

bigwhitetruck
03-25-2010, 6:03 PM
I too received my COE in a week, I was surprised at how fast the DOJ was. The odd thing was my check wasn't cashed until a couple of weeks later.

Cokebottle
03-25-2010, 9:01 PM
Got the 03 today!

Going to see if I can get a Livescan tomorrow.

beetle
03-25-2010, 9:28 PM
i'm going to pick up a ww2 colt tomorrow after a 10 day wait (purchased it before I got the COE). I'm debating whether or not to bring the COE with me "just in case" I see another interesting C&R. Ugh, this thing is going t cost me money!

hill billy
04-07-2010, 12:39 PM
They must have had the wheels fall off all of a sudden because they got my paperwork on the 22nd of last month and I still don't have mine. :(

InFamous20
04-07-2010, 3:02 PM
COE applys to hadguns only or all C&R weapons?

darkest2000
04-07-2010, 3:13 PM
COE applys to hadguns only or all C&R weapons?

It works for all handguns but have different effects depending on the type of handgun.

C&R handgun = 10 day wait exemption

Non-C&R handgun = 1 gun per 30 day exemption

Doesn't apply to long guns since you get the same privilege with or without the COE.

Mssr. Eleganté
04-07-2010, 3:16 PM
...Doesn't apply to long guns since you get the same privilege with or without the COE.

It does apply to long guns. You need to have both a C&R FFL and a COE in order to avoid the ten day wait on C&R long guns from a California licensed dealer.

darkest2000
04-07-2010, 3:27 PM
It does apply to long guns. You need to have both a C&R FFL and a COE in order to avoid the ten day wait on C&R long guns from a California licensed dealer.

If you have a C&R the dealer hands the long gun to you and you walk. no DROS. Same as if you purchased one from out of state and have it shipped to you directly.

But I suppose there will be instances of when a dealer forces you to DROS a C&R long gun, in which case I'll shop elsewhere.

Mssr. Eleganté
04-07-2010, 3:39 PM
If you have a C&R the dealer hands the long gun to you and you walk. no DROS. Same as if you purchased one from out of state and have it shipped to you directly.

But I suppose there will be instances of when a dealer forces you to DROS a C&R long gun, in which case I'll shop elsewhere.

Incorrect. The California licensed dealer is required to DROS the gun, even if it is C&R and you have a C&R FFL and a COE. And the ten day wait still applies to C&R long guns if don't have both a C&R FFL and a COE.

darkest2000
04-07-2010, 3:51 PM
Incorrect. The California licensed dealer is required to DROS the gun, even if it is C&R and you have a C&R FFL and a COE. And the ten day wait still applies to C&R long guns if don't have both a C&R FFL and a COE.
If that's the case I'll gladly order online or from a non-licensed private individual.

For instance suppose I purchase from a dealer online that happens to be in NorCal and have him ship the long gun to me in SoCal? Makes no sense if I'm required to DROS it through him. There is no way the CA DOJ can enforce that.

Mssr. Eleganté
04-07-2010, 4:07 PM
...Makes no sense...

We're talking about California firearms laws here. Don't expect them to make sense. :D

bplvr
04-07-2010, 8:11 PM
03 FFL ..6 weeks avg. + C.O.E. one week avg . Weeks to divorce papers after getting both and having access to Wifezilla's credit card and three safes ....... lightspeed !

kf6tac
04-20-2010, 2:02 AM
They must have had the wheels fall off all of a sudden because they got my paperwork on the 22nd of last month and I still don't have mine. :(

Yeah, whatever was going on there, I think the wheels have totally fallen off. I sent mine in a week and a half ago and it was delivered the day after it was mailed, then 5 days later I received a notification from USPS that it was forwarded from the West Sacramento address/zip code provided on the application to a different zip code in Sacramento; the check for the application fee still has not been deposited.

Cokebottle
04-20-2010, 5:43 PM
Yeah, whatever was going on there, I think the wheels have totally fallen off. I sent mine in a week and a half ago and it was delivered the day after it was mailed, then 5 days later I received a notification from USPS that it was forwarded from the West Sacramento address/zip code provided on the application to a different zip code in Sacramento; the check for the application fee still has not been deposited.
Same here... no notification from USPS about the forward, but I got my Livescan done 3/30 and mailed the app that evening.

I got my 03 from the BATF on 3/25, I just got my "packet" today.

goober
04-20-2010, 5:52 PM
Sent my 03 app in on 03/01/10 and still have not received anything. They charged my CC for the app fee but no license yet. :(
Is there a way to inquire as to the status of a pending application?

kf6tac
04-20-2010, 8:44 PM
Apparently I complained too soon. My COE arrived by mail today, dated April 15. Oddly enough, the application fee STILL hasn't been deposited. In this budget crisis, only the California DOJ would be nonsensical enough to process an application without first confirming the funds.

hill billy
04-20-2010, 9:17 PM
Sent my 03 app in on 03/01/10 and still have not received anything. They charged my CC for the app fee but no license yet. :(
Is there a way to inquire as to the status of a pending application?

Call Judy, her number is on the bottom of the app. I got mine last week, finally.

goober
04-20-2010, 9:24 PM
Call Judy, her number is on the bottom of the app. I got mine last week, finally.

i was referring to the 03 FFL application to BATFE, not the BoF CoE app.
but thanks.