PDA

View Full Version : PPC matches at Chabot?

gose
02-06-2006, 6:27 PM
Has anyone attended those, or know anything about them?
Well-visited?
Do they shoot all the NRA Disciplines, ie, 48, 60 and 150 round matches?
Requirements to attend?
Is the range available for practice?

Are there any other clubs in the area that shoots PPC matches (and I don't mean what Reed's call PPC)?

NRAhighpowershooter
02-08-2006, 8:04 AM
I use to shoot PPC at Chabot every month until I got into High Power..

They shoot the 2nd Sunday every month rain or shine.. They shoot the 60 and 150 shot matches.. They also shoot a rifle PPC with that being a 60 shot course of fire... Cobb Vaughn runs the PPC matches there and if a newbie shows up to shoot he pairs the newbie off with an experienced shooter (me, if I'm there) to give him the run down. Then the newbie will shoot a relay with the experienced shooter beside him to keep an eye on the new shooter... the range is available for practice but only after you shoot a few matches and get Cobb to sign you off on the back of your membership card (you have to be a member of Chabot to use the range for practice) More info can be found in the PPC match section of Chabot's web site

www.chabotgunclub.com

Shoot-it
02-08-2006, 1:54 PM
That looks like a nice place too check out.I would like too get into handgun matchs someday like the 1911 unlimited 10 i think its called?

gose
02-08-2006, 2:20 PM
I use to shoot PPC at Chabot every month until I got into High Power..

They shoot the 2nd Sunday every month rain or shine.. They shoot the 60 and 150 shot matches.. They also shoot a rifle PPC with that being a 60 shot course of fire... Cobb Vaughn runs the PPC matches there and if a newbie shows up to shoot he pairs the newbie off with an experienced shooter (me, if I'm there) to give him the run down. Then the newbie will shoot a relay with the experienced shooter beside him to keep an eye on the new shooter... the range is available for practice but only after you shoot a few matches and get Cobb to sign you off on the back of your membership card (you have to be a member of Chabot to use the range for practice) More info can be found in the PPC match section of Chabot's web site

www.chabotgunclub.com

Well, I've shot "a few" PPC matches already ;)
Hopefully I'll show up for the March match...
Whats the attendance like, 5, 50?

NRAhighpowershooter
02-08-2006, 9:51 PM
Attendace can be anywhere from 10 to 20 people

Shoot-it
02-08-2006, 10:22 PM
what is PPc matches,what type of gun do you guys mostly shoot?

F4E Phantom
02-09-2006, 5:27 AM
I shoot the match semi-regularly with a M92, a SW M19, M67, a P226, a Kimber .45, a Colt Gov't Model. I have not tried my vintage S&W K-38 yet. And of course my AR-15's. An A2 and Carbine. You will see PPC customs rigs to Glocks to .45 Autos. I've seen guys show up with shotguns and M1A's. Come join us.