PDA

View Full Version : it takes a village Seattle style

vantec08
03-20-2010, 6:39 AM
http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m3d18-Will-the-village-idiots-select-Seattles-new-police-chief

Lone_Gunman
03-20-2010, 6:46 AM
The article...

San Francisco Politics Seattle Gun Rights Examiner

Will the village idiots select Seattle’s new police chief?
March 18, 2:32 PMSeattle Gun Rights ExaminerDave Workman
Previous
Next

6 comments

Subscribe
ShareThis
** The other day, Seattle Times columnist Danny Westneat did a marvelously sarcastic column on how Seattle might be selecting its next police chief.
** Headlined “It takes a village to find a police chief,” Westneat’s verbal dig struck right at the heart of the Northwest’s liberal enclave, and probably hit several nerves. Mayor Mike McGinn has appointed a 26-member committee to find a new police chief, and considering the mayor’s devotion to fighting a legal challenge to the illegal parks gun ban enacted by his predecessor, Greg Nickels, it would be no surprise to learn that one of the committee’s priorities is to find a hoplophobic top cop who thinks only police should have guns.
** The ideal Seattle police chief, presumably, would be an individual annually honored by Washington CeaseFire; someone who would help them lobby in Olympia – as did former Chief Gil “The Empty Holster” Kerlikowske – and support McGinn’s*intention to destroy this state’s superb preemption statute. He, or she, would be a person from some large eastern city where citizens are disarmed and criminals rack up a healthy homicide rate; a body count that he/she would subsequently blame on the National Rifle Association.
The problem is these individuals who own guns illegally and commit the crimes."-- Penn Hills Police Chief Howard Burton
** Seattle might be far better off with a police chief like Howard Burton in Penn Hills, PA. Here’s a guy who is not having cardiac flutters over the fact that two local fire departments are raising funds by raffling 25 firearms. He understands that the proceeds will benefit the public, and that the guns will be going to law-abiding citizens who are not from the same gene pool as local scumbags.
** Or, may we suggest Larimer County, CO Sheriff James Alderden, who recently announced that he would not support or even enforce a ban on legal concealed carry by properly-licensed students attending Colorado State University. Here’s a guy whose attitude about armed citizens being good for the community might cause McGinn and members of the Seattle City Council to choke on their lattes.
There are volumes of statistical and anecdotal data that show populations are safer when law-abiding citizens are permitted to carry concealed weapons.” Larimer County, CO Sheriff James Alderden
** Maybe Peoria, IL Police Officer Troy Skaggs, president of the Peoria Police Benevolent Union would be a good fit in the Jet City, eh? Probably not, since he’s on record supporting the adoption of a concealed carry statute in Illinois, one of only two states in the nation that does not already have such a law.
** Say, I have it! Glenn White, president of the Dallas Police Association. No, wait a minute. White is on record admitting that the Texas concealed carry statute, which he lobbied against more than a decade ago, has worked out just fine, and that all of the “horror stories” he was evidently led to believe would come true have turned out to be false.
If you're not sure if a guy has a gun, you may not try to do some things to him that you might otherwise try to get away with. It's the fear of the unknown.”--Peoria Police Officer Troy Skaggs, president of the Peoria Police Benevolent Union.
** None of these people would work, because they are not alarmists, they obviously will not be played by politicians, and they understand the difference between law-abiding armed citizens and outlaws.
** On the other hand, somebody like Milwaukee, WI Police Chief Ed Flynn might pass muster. He promoted willful disregard of state law and the state constitution by his officers last year after Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen affirmed in a memo to local prosecutors that open carry is legal in that state.
I lobbied against the (concealed carry) law in 1993 and 1995 because I thought it would lead to wholesaled armed conflict. That hasn’t happened. All the horror stories I thought would come to pass didn’t happen. No bogeyman. I think it has worked out well, and that says good things about the citizens who have permits. I’m a convert.”--Glenn White, president, Dallas Police Association
** Flynn’s response: “My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we’ll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it.”
** Yep, Flynn would probably fit right in with the Seattle administration; a guy who ignores the state attorney general’s advice. Seattle sure needs another public official like that.
For more info:*Assault on Weapons: The Campaign to Eliminate Your Guns.

cdtx2001
03-20-2010, 7:00 AM
They should get the cop from East Palo Alto, he's good Chief material.

The Director
03-20-2010, 7:58 AM
Rod Tuason for police chief! Prone the turds out!

vantec08
03-20-2010, 12:09 PM
LOL