PDA

View Full Version : did anyone see this?

theseacow
02-06-2006, 1:30 PM
on doj's website here: http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/Cfl2006.pdf

On page 17 at the top...

This pdf seems to counter their "memo".

DrMUR
02-06-2006, 1:43 PM
You mean the top of page #15?

shopkeep
02-06-2006, 1:47 PM
The use of words like "also mean" are exactly what's going to be debated in a court room in the upcomming months.

bwiese
02-06-2006, 1:49 PM
Relax, folks.

This is a guide, a summary, in easier-to-read form. It's an informal nonlegal document. It really has no weight.

socalguns
02-06-2006, 1:51 PM
the law counters their memo, no reason the new booklet wouldn't do so as well

shopkeep
02-06-2006, 1:56 PM
I forgot all about Boobytraps and Sniper Scopes. I think Boobytraps are illegal in nearly all 50 states though.

-aK-
02-06-2006, 2:03 PM
I forgot all about Boobytraps and Sniper Scopes. I think Boobytraps are illegal in nearly all 50 states though.

Yeah, that is great isn't it.

I can buy a NVD but I can't mount it onto a rifle. That would be bad mmkay?

BUT get this. The feds and the cops can have them.

"We can have them but you can't! Heil Hitler!"

50 Freak
02-06-2006, 2:04 PM

DAMN!!!!!

I was going to stop off at Costco and get me a 6 pack of Bouncing Bettys.....:mad:

Guess, I'll have to stick with the depleted uranium 50 bmg rounds at Big 5.

Anyone know which RadioShack carries the InfraRed, Nighvision rifle scopes for my twin barreled 20mm hunting rifle????

:D

Mike Searson
02-06-2006, 2:05 PM
A nunchaku means an instrument consisting of two or more sticks, clubs, bars or rods to
be used as handles, connected by a rope, cord, wire, or chain. (Penal Code
§ 12020(c)(3).)

Holy ****! Alert the media...jumpropes are outlawed in California!

Those double dutch players always were the scourge of South Central.

A ballistic knife means a device that propels a knifelike blade as a projectile by means
a coil spring, elastic material, or compressed gas. (Penal Code § 12020(c)(8).)

A DOJ agent tried selling one of these on another Forum 3 months ago.

A shuriken means an instrument without handles consisting of metal having three or
more radiating points with one or more sharp edges, used as a weapon for throwing.
(Penal Code § 12020(c)(11).)

WHAT? Such an idiot! Well I guess you better be pretty good with a bo-staff.

A shobi-zue means a staff, crutch, rod, or pole concealing a knife or blade which may be
exposed by a flip of the wrist or mechanical action. (Penal Code § 12020(c)(16).)

Takes care of the Shogun Assassin menace!

A metal military practice handgrenade or metal replica handgrenade means a device
that is readily usable as a grenade or may be easily modified for ready use as a grenade,
and does not include any plastic toy handgrenade or any metal military practice
handgrenade that is a relic, curio, memorabilia, or display item that has been filled with a
permanent inert substance or has otherwise been permanently altered in a manner that
prevents ready modification for use as a grenade. (Penal Code §§ 12020(a),
12020(b)(15).)

Easily modified...where did I put all the Composition B?

The term assault weapon means the following designated semiautomatic firearms as
defined by Penal Code section 12276:
(15) Steyer AUG.

That's a select fire weapon...guess AUG-SA's are not Roberti-Roos weapons afterall.

The term “assault weapon” also means any firearm that falls under one of the following
definitions pursuant to Penal Code section 12276.1:
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable
magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.

Only in California would "Planet of the Apes" stocks be an evil feature.

arfan66
02-06-2006, 9:41 PM
Mike Searson,

That there's pretty efin' funny..I don't care who ya are!! ;)

Jeff

chickenfried
02-06-2006, 9:47 PM
Seems like most of those laws Mike Searson posted are targeted at people of asian descent. I'm calling the ACLU :p

NeoWeird
02-06-2006, 10:15 PM
Just so you all know, it's illegal to have a nighvission scope that use an electrical tube AND an IR projector. Most NVD scopes can have their IR illuminators removed making them completely legal to put on your rifle. Since most scopes are used to push out to 100yards+ and the IR illuminators are only good for the first 50 yards or so, it really doesn't hurt us that much.

Just goes to show how the DOJ being greedy ends up shooting themselves in the foot.

accordingtoome
02-06-2006, 11:13 PM
Seems like most of those laws Mike Searson posted are targeted at people of asian descent. I'm calling the ACLU :p

no one said anything about center loading chopsticks hahaa.. jk :D

chickenfried
02-06-2006, 11:18 PM
Come on nunchucks, shurikens, shobi-zue, and staffs? The only white guy you'd see running around with those is Chuck Norris. Oh wait scratch that, all he uses are roundhouse kicks.

no one said anything about center loading chopsticks hahaa.. jk :D

grammaton76
02-07-2006, 12:12 AM
Come on nunchucks, shurikens, shobi-zue, and staffs? The only white guy you'd see running around with those is Chuck Norris.

Actually, I made my grandfather a felon for a few years towards the end.

He'd always thought the canes the bad guys in movies carried, with swords in them, were cool. He *NEEDED* a cane for the last few years of his life, but was way too proud to ever walk with one.

I spotted a cane sword at a gun show in TN, and bought it for him. Bear in mind, it's more cane than sword, but it still had a blade in it, and it required actual effort to pull it out. I spent a fair amount of time padding the inside with tissue paper so that it didn't rattle as it was walked with, and no one would be the wiser.

So, I shipped it to him as a present. My grandmother called me up, as my grandfather was apparently kind of insulted by it. He'd been given canes before, but refused to use one. I told her to put me on speakerphone, then told him to "hold onto it below the rubber ring, and yank really hard on the top."

Over speakerphone, I heard, "Ooooooo!!!!"

From what I'm told, it's the only cane he ever willingly used. And he used it as long as he was still able to walk around on his own.

That cane officially no longer exists. :)

But - concealed sword laws? Blah. There oughtta be a specific exemption for old folks.

saki302
02-07-2006, 12:21 AM
Shobi-zue... HAHAHAHAHHAA! Short of in some ninja flick, I have NEVER seen one, nor even seen a picture of a *real* one.. I think the idiots in the capital were watching too many ninja movies that week.

Nunchaku.. gimme a break- a baseball bat makes a more effective killing bludgeon..

They banned balisongs here too, never mind that ANY thumb stud knife ovens 5x faster. If you're really really good, the thumb stud only opens 3x faster...

-Dave

rssslvr
02-07-2006, 7:10 AM
[QUOTE=saki302}

Nunchaku.. gimme a break- a baseball bat makes a more effective killing bludgeon..[/QUOTE]

not true.in the hands of someone who knows how to use them nunchaku are much more deadly than a bat.if you know what you are doing you can swing those babys at 100 mph or more and the full circlular motions of the weapon give it much more inertia than a bat being swung from any position

PeteyG
02-07-2006, 8:24 AM
Shobi-zue... HAHAHAHAHHAA! Short of in some ninja flick, I have NEVER seen one, nor even seen a picture of a *real* one.. I think the idiots in the capital were watching too many ninja movies that week.

Nunchaku.. gimme a break- a baseball bat makes a more effective killing bludgeon..

They banned balisongs here too, never mind that ANY thumb stud knife ovens 5x faster. If you're really really good, the thumb stud only opens 3x faster...

-Dave

Even funnier do a google search for Shobi-zue, the only reference to them is in this stupid law, and terms of use/acceptable use for websites like paypal and ebay.

A shobi zue is a made up term.

Pete

FreshTapCoke
02-07-2006, 8:53 AM
Even funnier do a google search for Shobi-zue, the only reference to them is in this stupid law, and terms of use/acceptable use for websites like paypal and ebay.

A shobi zue is a made up term.

Pete

I think it's only due to poor spelling...

I can't tell what 'shobi' is supposed to refer to, by I know by 'zue' they really meant to put 'tsue' (pronounced sort of like two-eh). Tsue is how we say staff or cane.

There seems to be a 'shoubi' in Japanese but it means 'emergency'. That sor of works.

^^^^Slept through 12 years of Japanese school.^^^^

Ahh, look up 'sword tsue' I came across a wikipedia article. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shikomizue
Getting close :)

ldivinag
02-07-2006, 9:42 AM
[3rd grade humor]

q: how do you catch a topless dancer?

a: with a [everyone repeat with me...] boobytrap...

[/3rd grade humor]

rkt88edmo
02-07-2006, 11:04 AM
not true.in the hands of someone who knows how to use them nunchaku are much more deadly than a bat.if you know what you are doing you can swing those babys at 100 mph or more and the full circlular motions of the weapon give it much more inertia than a bat being swung from any position

Otay, in the hands of 9,999,999 people the bat is more effective than chucks; are you the one guy in 10 million who knows better? :rolleyes:

chickenfried
02-07-2006, 11:08 AM
I think channeling the spirit of Bruce Lee through chucks is much more effective than channeling the spirit of some Italian guy from Bensonhurst through a baseball bat.

Otay, in the hands of 9,999,999 people the bat is more effective than chucks; are you the one guy in 10 million who knows better? :rolleyes:

Clodbuster
02-07-2006, 11:46 AM
Can anyone tell me why all this garbage about cane swords and pen knives is on a document labeled "California FIREARMS Laws"???

Clod

Clodbuster
02-07-2006, 11:47 AM
The teamsters have excellent representation in Sacramento...hence bats are not banned.

Clod

I think channeling the spirit of Bruce Lee through chucks is much more effective than channeling the spirit of some Italian guy from Bensonhurst through a baseball bat.