PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: HEARING DATE SET! AB1663 -- Repeal of AB962 Ammo Restrictions

H Paul Payne
03-18-2010, 3:41 PM
To All:

The hearing in Assembly Public Safety Committee for AB1663 will be on Tuesday, March 23rd at 9:00AM.

We need EVERYONE (that possibly can) to attend this meeting. We want to PACK THE ROOM AND HAVE LOTS OF PEOPLE TESTIFYING IN FAVOR OF AB1663!

STAND BY FOR MORE INFORMATION!!!!!!

Please email me at < nrausmc@earthlink.net > to let me know you are coming.

Paul

H Paul Payne
03-18-2010, 9:56 PM
Reply to several questions via email:

YES, we are meeting before the hearing and going into the Assembly Public Safety Committee Hearing Room together.
YES, you should be able to testify in support of AB1663.
YES, we are delivering the tens-of-thousands of letters during this hearing. That's one of the reasons we need all of you to help us.

Paul

Lateralus
03-18-2010, 10:07 PM
Where is it? It may be a stupid question, but I don't know where to show up. If it's within 200 miles, I will be there.

I'm guessing Sacramento, but I could be wrong.

Librarian
03-18-2010, 10:36 PM
Where is it? It may be a stupid question, but I don't know where to show up. If it's within 200 miles, I will be there.

I'm guessing Sacramento, but I could be wrong.

Yes, Sacramento, in the Capitol building; APS (http://www.assembly.ca.gov/acs/newcomframeset.asp?committee=57) meets in Room 126 most Tuesdays at 9 am.

Note that the bill will probably be heard 2nd, and the Daily File says
TESTIMONY LIMITED TO TWO WITNESSES PER SIDE – TWO MINUTES PER WITNESS

Author: Summary:
1601 Hill. Vehicles: driving under the influence: repeat offenders.
1663 Hagman. Ammunition.

Window_Seat
03-18-2010, 10:50 PM
I'll be the first to say that... Generally, as an optimist on the lawsuits filed here in CA, I am more of a pessimist because of the "attitudes" of the PSC, historically due to the way we were treated when 357 was up for "debate". Hopefully 1663 doesn't suffer the same fate, but I'm counting more on the lawsuit agenda. I hope I'm wrong.

Erik.

Ratman12
03-19-2010, 6:36 AM
I cant make it up there, so I sent this to my assembly rep,

Please support AB1663 which would repeal AB962. AB962 requires ammo purchasers to be fingerprinted and registered each time they purchase ammo.

As we have seen time and time again, criminals don't respect nor obey laws as John Allen Gardner shows us. The only impact that AB962 has is to slowly drive the cost of ammo up and gun owners out of CA, and with no proof at all of reducing crime and again interfering with interstate commerce. We don't need feel good legislation nor short sighted politicians telling us what to do ..the no cussing legislation What a waste of tax payer money .. If this was my company I would pretty much fire the whole group and start over.. I see no leadership and a huge anti business bias.. Any legislation passed should be directed at growing private industry rather than tax payer supported government workers. And more importantly stop trampling on my freedom.

Ratman12
03-19-2010, 6:44 AM
Here are the emails of the Public Safety Committee members,, If you can't make it then maybe an email,,

Tom Ammiano - Chair Dem-13 (916) 319-2013 Assemblymember.Ammiano@assembly.ca.gov

Curt Hagman - Vice Chair Rep-60 (916) 319-2060 Assemblymember.Hagman@assembly.ca.gov

Warren T. Furutani Dem-55 (916) 319-2055 Assemblymember.Furutani@assembly.ca.gov

Danny D. Gilmore Rep-30 (916) 319-2030 Assemblymember.Gilmore@assembly.ca.gov

Jerry Hill Dem-19 (916) 319-2019 Assemblymember.Hill@assembly.ca.gov

Nancy Skinner Dem-14 (916) 319-2014 Assemblymember.Skinner@assembly.ca.gov

a1c
03-19-2010, 7:07 AM
The emphasis also needs to be made on how anti-business this bill could be: it would make it more costly for businesses to implement those new measures, and would just drive many Californians to go out-of-state to get their ammo in bulk over there, taking away business and sales taxes away from Californian businesses.

It's also going to create a much larger black market for ammunition, driving some to buy ammo in bulk out-of-state, only to resell it to CA gun owners. It will be a cash-only business, no sales tax collected, and criminals will do the exact same thing. They will not control it in any way.

No Assemblyperson - Republican or Democrat, pro- or anti-gun - wants to be accused of being anti-business. And none of them wants to create a black market either.

JohnDumke
03-19-2010, 7:55 AM
Here are the emails of the Public Safety Committee members,, If you can't make it then maybe an email,,

Tom Ammiano - Chair Dem-13 (916) 319-2013 Assemblymember.Ammiano@assembly.ca.gov

Curt Hagman - Vice Chair Rep-60 (916) 319-2060 Assemblymember.Hagman@assembly.ca.gov

Warren T. Furutani Dem-55 (916) 319-2055 Assemblymember.Furutani@assembly.ca.gov

Danny D. Gilmore Rep-30 (916) 319-2030 Assemblymember.Gilmore@assembly.ca.gov

Jerry Hill Dem-19 (916) 319-2019 Assemblymember.Hill@assembly.ca.gov

Nancy Skinner Dem-14 (916) 319-2014 Assemblymember.Skinner@assembly.ca.gov

Dear Assembly Members,

At this juncture in California history, we really need some smart leaders, ones who can think in more than one dimension.

AB962 may seem like a good bill on its face, but the reality with many well meaning laws is that there are consequences. This bill will just further drive out good business, reduce business revenue, reduce tax revenue, drive up costs to law abiding citizens and encourage citizens to leave. And yet there will be no reduction in crime as criminals don't consult the law, otherwise they wouldn't be criminals.

California is quickly becoming an oppressive state, both civilly and economically. Had you thought about why business is leaving California.

Please be smart, not short sighted. California's leadership has already lead us to a point of near bankruptcy. Laws like this, with only "feel good theoretical benefits" and "REAL negative consequences" for both businesses and law abiding citizens, ARE the reason why California is in such rough shape. And YOU are the source of these counter productive laws. Please start thinking PRO California, PRO citizen.

John Dumke
Small Business Owner - Considering Leaving California

Doug L
03-19-2010, 8:21 AM
Dear Assembly Members,

At this juncture in California history, we really need some smart leaders, ones who can think in more than one dimension.

AB962 may seem like a good bill on its face, but the reality with many well meaning laws is that there are consequences. This bill will just further drive out good business, reduce business revenue, reduce tax revenue, drive up costs to law abiding citizens and encourage citizens to leave. And yet there will be no reduction in crime as criminals don't consult the law, otherwise they wouldn't be criminals.

California is quickly becoming an oppressive state, both civilly and economically. Had you thought about why business is leaving California.

Please be smart, not short sighted. California's leadership has already lead us to a point of near bankruptcy. Laws like this, with only "feel good theoretical benefits" and "REAL negative consequences" for both businesses and law abiding citizens, ARE the reason why California is in such rough shape. And YOU are the source of these counter productive laws. Please start thinking PRO California, PRO citizen.

John Dumke
Small Business Owner - Considering Leaving California

Good letter, for the most part. However, when writing an advocacy letter, please, avoid the urge to 'throw them a bone.'

"AB962 may seem like a good bill on its face,..."

No. AB 962 doesn't even seem like a good bill on its face. It's flawed and misguided from start to finish. There's no need to mince words here.

"...but the reality with many well meaning laws..."

Once again, no. This is not a "well meaning law." Its sole function, from the standpoint of its proponents, is, as you point out, to harass law-abiding gun owners. If they had actually wanted a well-meaning law, they could have passed one to build more prisons, so that ca. 30,000 felons would not be released.

newgun
03-19-2010, 10:28 AM
I CALLED EVERY ASSEMBLYMAN_WOMAN LISTED TO LET MY VOICE BE HEARD,( AB1663) "I" this means Lance Wright supports this bill! I support the second amendment, have my CCW and TRAIN GSD for police and personal protection.WE HAVE THE RIGHT!

JohnDumke
03-19-2010, 10:37 AM
Good letter, for the most part. However, when writing an advocacy letter, please, avoid the urge to 'throw them a bone.'

"AB962 may seem like a good bill on its face,..."

No. AB 962 doesn't even seem like a good bill on its face. It's flawed and misguided from start to finish. There's no need to mince words here.

"...but the reality with many well meaning laws..."

Once again, no. This is not a "well meaning law." Its sole function, from the standpoint of its proponents, is, as you point out, to harass law-abiding gun owners. If they had actually wanted a well-meaning law, they could have passed one to build more prisons, so that ca. 30,000 felons would not be released.

Thanks for the clarification, as I am new to this political activist stuff.

I was considering adding "the road to hell was paved with good intentions". Then it would be clear how my "throwing them a bone" was meant to be interpreted.

CEDaytonaRydr
03-19-2010, 10:37 AM
Wish I could be there...

I'm 400 miles away... :(

yellowfin
03-19-2010, 10:44 AM
I was considering adding "the road to hell was paved with good intentions". Then it would be clear how my "throwing them a bone" was meant to be interpreted.The problem with even that is that they don't care about being on the road to hell. They're perfectly aware it's a road to hell. They chose the road knowing so. They even built it. They even designed it themselves, hired the contractors, paid for and shipped in the asphalt, and painted the stripes, and made sure it has enough lanes for everyone all at once. If they put as much effort into other municipal projects as they have the road to hell you wouldn't be having the water shortages and all your schools would be producing Einsteins every year. If the people in Sacramento were as efficient at running the state well as they are at totally f***ing it up, the state government would be LOANING China a couple trillion dollars instead of owing it.

broph650
03-19-2010, 1:13 PM
I sent an e-mail to everyone on the PSC this morning. I included AM Kevin De Leon to the mailing list. Just in case anyone is looking for ideas.

Assembly Members:
On Tuesday, you will consider AB1663 which would repeal the unconstitutional AB962. If you recall, AB962 requires individuals purchasing ammunition to be fingerprinted and registered at the time of sale. It also outlaws mail order ammunition sales, and requires dealers to retain paperwork indefinitely as well as store ammunition away from customers.

When AB962 was introduced, it failed to gain the support of Attorney General Brown or ANY law enforcement agency in the state. In fact, 15 Sheriffs Offices wrote letter opposing the bill. AB962 hurts California, law abiding gun owners, and the national economy. Please consider the following argument.

1st - AB962 does not stop criminals in any way from getting ammunition. Criminals who intend to do harm, will get the ammunition regardless of our laws. It can be obtained any number of ways. The ONLY people who will be affected by this law, are the law abiding gun owners. Why should we be restricted?

2nd - AB962 will not aid in the solving of crimes. A similar bill was repealed years ago, because it was of NO assistance no law enforcement.

3rd - If law-abiding gun distributors are made to jump through more hoops to sell ammunition, stores will be less likely to want to sell ammunition. Although this may have been one of the underlying intents of AB962, consider this; that's less tax money for you to spend, and less to try to fix the economy of this state. Also, consider the cost of enforcing this bill. (For example, man hours, inspections, establishment of records, etc.) If law abiding gun owners are made to jump through the same hoops, they are more likely to go to a surrounding state such as Arizona or Nevada to purchase their ammunition. It will be cheaper to top it off! This will result in even less money being collected in taxes.

Lastly, If you restrict mail order ammunition sales, you will be hurting the national economy because taxes won't be collected elsewhere either.

In closing, our state is in a crisis. Bottom line, the state is broke. Yet our elected officials continue to spend our money, and waste time on unlawful bills such as AB962. Its disappointing that people like Assembly Member Kevin De Leon don't have better things to do then spend our money, deplete potential tax income, and trample on our Constitutional rights.

Please support AB1663 and repeal AB962!
Thank you for your time and consideration.

H Paul Payne
03-19-2010, 1:43 PM
Hey folks:

Now is not really the time for sending letters. That time has just about passed.

NOW is the time for making a showing at the STATE CAPITOL during the Assembly Public Safety Committee Hearing. That is exactly what we are asking for -------------- YOUR ATTENDANCE AT THE HEARING!!!

Please send me an email and let me know you are coming. I would appreciate it if you would send me your mobile phone number also.

We are trying to get a head-count of how many people we can count on for support during this hearing.

Thanks,

Paul

Lateralus
03-19-2010, 2:02 PM
Hey folks:

Now is not really the time for sending letters. That time has just about passed.

NOW is the time for making a showing at the STATE CAPITOL during the Assembly Public Safety Committee Hearing. That is exactly what we are asking for -------------- YOUR ATTENDANCE AT THE HEARING!!!

Please send me an email and let me know you are coming. I would appreciate it if you would send me your mobile phone number also.

We are trying to get a head-count of how many people we can count on for support during this hearing.

Thanks,

Paul

It never hurt, right?

Email incoming Paul.

ErikTheRed
03-19-2010, 2:17 PM
I will be there, and I will try to bring my brother and anyone else within my sphere of influence who has or can take the time off.

Once again people, another opportunity to GET INVOLVED. Get your butts to the Capital!!

e-mail coming, Mr. Payne.

bwiese
03-19-2010, 2:39 PM
Gawd I wish I could be there...

bomb_on_bus
03-19-2010, 3:58 PM
man I hope 962 gets squashed from the books.

maybe then some revenue might be had for the huge budget deficit CA has and when the internet expolsion of sales go through the roofs for any ammo online dealer. I would bet there is millions of dollars in tax revenue that could be had by the CA gov.

IrishPirate
03-19-2010, 4:14 PM
unfortunately I have prior commitments.......However, I hope that we can pack enough people in the room that my absence will not be noticed. If any further hearings on the matter take place I'll be sure to clear my schedule.

PEBKAC
03-19-2010, 4:56 PM
I'll see what I can work out, but it is not looking hopeful.

broph650
03-19-2010, 5:26 PM
Hey folks:

Thanks,

Paul

Paul -
I respectfully disagree with the fact that it is not time for letters. First, I don't think it could hurt to have our opinions fresh in their minds going into next weeks considderation (if our opinions even make it to them). Secondly, the NRA sent an email out, TODAY asking us to the PSC listing all of their e-mails.

See below:

Bill to Repeal Ammunition Registration to be Heard Next Week!
Please Contact the Members of the Assembly Committee on Public Safety!
On Tuesday, March 23, the Assembly Committee on Public Safety will consider Assembly Bill 1663.

If passed, AB1663 would repeal the onerous ammunition sales registration requirements put in place by Assembly Bill 962. As you will recall, AB962 requires individuals purchasing ammunition be fingerprinted and registered at the time of sale and outlaws mail order ammunition purchases. AB962 also requires dealers to maintain these records indefinitely and make them available for inspection by the California Department of Justice. As an additional burden, ammunition retailers are also required to store ammunition away from purchasers. AB962 failed to garner support from Attorney General Brown, and any law enforcement organization. In fact, 15 sheriffs wrote letters of opposition to this legislation.

All of California's firearms owners, dealers, shooters, hunters, collectors, clubs/organizations, and ammunition vendors, should join in this effort to repeal AB962. This will not be an easy fight, but it is possible to win if we all stick together and act in an organized manner.

Please contact the members of the Assembly Committee on Public Safety TODAY and respectfully urge them to support AB1663. Contact information can be found below.

Assembly Member Tom Ammiano (D-13) - Chair
(916) 319-2013
Assemblymember.Ammiano@assembly.ca.gov

Assembly Member Curt Hagman (R-60) - Vice Chair
(916) 319-2060
Assemblymember.Hagman@assembly.ca.gov

Assembly Member Warren T. Furutani (D-55)
(916) 319-2055
Assemblymember.Furutani@assembly.ca.gov

Assembly Member Danny D. Gilmore (R-30)
(916) 319-2030
Assemblymember.Gilmore@assembly.ca.gov

Assembly Member Jerry Hill (D-19)
(916) 319-2019
Assemblymember.Hill@assembly.ca.gov

Assembly Member Fiona Ma (D-12)
(916) 319-2012
Assemblymember.Ma@assembly.ca.gov

Assembly Member Nancy Skinner (D-14)
(916) 319-2014
Assemblymember.Skinner@assembly.ca.gov

**** I do agree however, that being at the Capital on Tuesday is of the upmost importance, and the more people that go...the better. But our elected officials need to hear from as many of us as possible. There are alot of us that can't get away from our jobs, or just can't travel to the capital.

So keep sending those emails!! ...and good luck to those of you that can make it.

gbp
03-19-2010, 5:41 PM
all i can wish for is that for those who go, behave

H Paul Payne
03-19-2010, 6:10 PM
Paul -
I respectfully disagree with the fact that it is not time for letters. First, I don't think it could hurt to have our opinions fresh in their minds going into next weeks considderation (if our opinions even make it to them). Secondly, the NRA sent an email out, TODAY asking us to the PSC listing all of their e-mails.

See below:

Bill to Repeal Ammunition Registration to be Heard Next Week!
Please Contact the Members of the Assembly Committee on Public Safety!
On Tuesday, March 23, the Assembly Committee on Public Safety will consider Assembly Bill 1663.

If passed, AB1663 would repeal the onerous ammunition sales registration requirements put in place by Assembly Bill 962. As you will recall, AB962 requires individuals purchasing ammunition be fingerprinted and registered at the time of sale and outlaws mail order ammunition purchases. AB962 also requires dealers to maintain these records indefinitely and make them available for inspection by the California Department of Justice. As an additional burden, ammunition retailers are also required to store ammunition away from purchasers. AB962 failed to garner support from Attorney General Brown, and any law enforcement organization. In fact, 15 sheriffs wrote letters of opposition to this legislation.

All of California's firearms owners, dealers, shooters, hunters, collectors, clubs/organizations, and ammunition vendors, should join in this effort to repeal AB962. This will not be an easy fight, but it is possible to win if we all stick together and act in an organized manner.

Please contact the members of the Assembly Committee on Public Safety TODAY and respectfully urge them to support AB1663. Contact information can be found below.

Assembly Member Tom Ammiano (D-13) - Chair
(916) 319-2013
Assemblymember.Ammiano@assembly.ca.gov

Assembly Member Curt Hagman (R-60) - Vice Chair
(916) 319-2060
Assemblymember.Hagman@assembly.ca.gov

Assembly Member Warren T. Furutani (D-55)
(916) 319-2055
Assemblymember.Furutani@assembly.ca.gov

Assembly Member Danny D. Gilmore (R-30)
(916) 319-2030
Assemblymember.Gilmore@assembly.ca.gov

Assembly Member Jerry Hill (D-19)
(916) 319-2019
Assemblymember.Hill@assembly.ca.gov

Assembly Member Fiona Ma (D-12)
(916) 319-2012
Assemblymember.Ma@assembly.ca.gov

Assembly Member Nancy Skinner (D-14)
(916) 319-2014
Assemblymember.Skinner@assembly.ca.gov

**** I do agree however, that being at the Capital on Tuesday is of the upmost importance, and the more people that go...the better. But our elected officials need to hear from as many of us as possible. There are alot of us that can't get away from our jobs, or just can't travel to the capital.

So keep sending those emails!! ...and good luck to those of you that can make it.

You'll notice that I didn't use strong or absolute statements when I made my point of, "Now is not really the time for sending letters. That time has just about passed."

My point is now that the Hearing is set, it is time to ramp-up the pressure --- IN PERSON --- at the Capitol.

You rarely ever see us (your NRA staff in California) ask you to go to the Capitol. And certainly, we don't ask you to waste your important time with protests, rallies, etc., but this is one of the few times that we are asking everyone to show-up and be heard (and seen). ;)

So, send your letters, emails, faxes, etc. But come to the Capitol (if you can be in the area) and show your support! This is one of the very few times I have ever urged people to attend an event at the Capitol and this is not standing around outside chanting and holding signs. This is actually participating in the political process where (as we used to say in the Marines) THE METAL MEETS THE MEAT!

I hope to see as many of you that can make it, there.

Paul

H Paul Payne
03-19-2010, 6:24 PM
This is a RUMOR that I was just told, by a fairly reliable source in the Capitol.

Reports are circulating that Assemblyman Deleon --- YES, that Deleon --- might show-up at the Assembly Public Safety Committee Hearing to testify in opposition to the NRA sponsored (repeal of his AB962) AB1663.

Wouldn't it be fun to watch him continue to defend the bad idea that is AB962???

Personally, I hope he shows up!

Paul

Cnynrat
03-19-2010, 6:45 PM
Wish I could be there, but can't make it happen. Work, don't you know.

Huge props to my Assemblyman Hagman for taking point on this. Calgunners from his district need to support this friend of our cause.

broph650
03-19-2010, 7:20 PM
Paul -
I completely agree with you. I just didn't think we should discourage people who have no way of making it there from writing letters. People listen to what you say, because of your knowledge, and position and I did not want anyone to misunderstand.

I definately understand the need to rally the membership @ this point. I wish I could be there... My employer is understaffed and will not be letting anyone take time off...especially with the furloughs!

Can you think of anything else someone in my position could do to help?

Thanks for all you are doing.

Shawn

H Paul Payne
03-19-2010, 7:29 PM
Can you think of anything else someone in my position could do to help?

Shawn

Not at this time.

Just keep writing, calling, faxing, emailing, and supporting the Second Amendment, especially in this troubled state of California.

Paul

calnurse
03-19-2010, 7:45 PM
there needs to be a bill to repeal De Leon out of office

RRangel
03-19-2010, 11:22 PM
I can't be there. Here's a good video to send everyone that might be able to make it or contact their reps, or maybe hurry up and fill out the online petition. These things take a while or it would have been done sooner. Disabling comments on their videos isn't going to work. LOL.

Repeal AB 962

Cb_2vSaAaw8

In case it doesn't work cut and past this url: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb_2vSaAaw8

motorhead
03-20-2010, 12:15 AM
that doesn't work either.

motorhead
03-20-2010, 12:17 AM
there needs to be a bill to repeal De Leon out of office

or better.

ErikTheRed
03-20-2010, 1:54 AM
Ah, ya see? Here we go again. Thousands of gun-supporters using this forum, yet when theres a real call to action, most of them scatter like roaches when the lights come on. This seems to be the mindset of waaaaaaay too many people around here.......

"Let everyone else work to prepare the meal, just so long as I have a seat at the table when its time to partake of the feast."

Sorry guys, but thats lame. Time to sh*t or get off the pot. Many of you have prior commitments and/or have to work, and thats perfectly understandable. But many of you don't, too.

Lateralus
03-20-2010, 2:06 AM
Ah, ya see? Here we go again. Thousands of gun-supporters using this forum, yet when theres a real call to action, most of them scatter like roaches when the lights come on. This seems to be the mindset of waaaaaaay too many people around here.......

"Let everyone else work to prepare the meal, just so long as I have a seat at the table when its time to partake of the feast."

Sorry guys, but thats lame. Time to sh*t or get off the pot. Many of you have prior commitments and/or have to work, and thats perfectly understandable. But many of you don't, too.

We have had exceptional turnouts in the past; There is no reason to assume the same won't happen here.

ErikTheRed
03-20-2010, 2:43 AM
We have had exceptional turnouts in the past; There is no reason to assume the same won't happen here.

Man I hope you're right, its just that I don't see too many people jumping in these threads when asked for help. But who knows, maybe the silent types are the ones who show in force! ;)

RRangel
03-20-2010, 3:08 PM
Man I hope you're right, its just that I don't see too many people jumping in these threads when asked for help. But who knows, maybe the silent types are the ones who show in force! ;)

There's definitely going to be people showing up. Of that I am certainly convinced. What's more at issue is whether those in Sacramento intend to listen.

People really need to make sure and contact their relevant legislators, especially those who cannot attend.

RRangel
03-20-2010, 10:34 PM
People really need to make sure and contact their relevant legislators, especially those who cannot attend.

Of course I mean the legislators on the committee in a timely manner.

H Paul Payne
03-21-2010, 11:49 AM

Thanks for the words of encouragement, Erik. Unfortunately, the situation you've drawn attention to is not unusual. I've witnessed it hundreds of times during the twenty-two years that I've been involved with grassroots-level Second Amendment activism.

Personally, I'm not happy that this Assembly Public Safety Committee Hearing is scheduled for this Tuesday. I had planned to take a few days off and travel out of state. Since this Hearing cannot be delayed, I lost $319.80 from an airline ticket that I personally paid for. Yeah. I could have gotten out of it by saying, "I'm on vacation" but then I'd feel guilty for asking other people to be there when I'm away doing personal business. :( And for those of you who know me personally, you know that to my family, that much money is a lot to throw away!

But let's remember not to be too hasty. We don't know how many people will actually show-up. There might be (should be) standing-room-only, with firearms owners from wall to wall.

Everyone knows my fondness and level of admiration for Calguns and other similar on-line forums, so don't misconstrue my comments. But we can only expect so much physical activism from participants who are active in a venue who's presence is based upon so-called "cyberspace."

What I'm saying is that we should expect various levels of performance from the different resources that are available in the battle for the Second Amendment. Each resource will provide a level of support that is different from another one.

For example:

CALGUNS - Depending on the level of enthusiasm of the participants, at a given time, we might be successful getting a lot of emails sent or donations made.
NRA MEMBERS' COUNCILS - Depending on their current work-load, we might see a good physical turnout of veteran (meaning experienced) activists for political and/or outreach tasks.
GUN CLUBS & SHOOTING RANGES - As the situation requires, we often can expect support in the form of facilities usage.
OTHER SECOND AMENDMENT ORGANIZATIONS - If they are supportive of our specific goals, they will participate to their level of capability.

Remember, these are just a few off-the-cuff examples of an expectation of resources, so don't get your feelings hurt and start flaming me because you think that I "disrespected" your favorite group (aka resource). This is a glimpse of what I go through each time (aka daily) I evaluate our situation in California and make determinations of what activities are "doable" and what activities should be left for another time.

So, for now, let's pass the word and try to get a lot of Second Amendment activists to Sacramento. I'm sure we will need help with the Letters of Support of Assembly Bill 1663.

I was up all night Friday-Saturday doing a mail merge and printing 12,000 letters from those of us who signed the letter at www.CalNRA.com (http://www.CalNRA.com) . Yesterday, I shipped tens-of-thousands of them to NRA's Ed Worley in Sacramento.

C-ya in Sacramento!

Paul

SideWinder11
03-21-2010, 10:51 PM
let's let our voice be heard. Email, call or better yet show up. Don't kick yourselves later and complain about ammo, lines, higher prices and finger prints.

H Paul Payne
03-22-2010, 11:27 AM
PLEASE CIRCULATE THIS MESSAGE TO EVERYONE!
==========================================

To All:

Re: Schedule for meeting at the Capitol

In advance of Tuesday's Assembly Public Safety Meeting (supporting AB1663), the NRA will be meeting with supporters at approximately 8:15am on Tuesday, March 23rd. We will be meeting at the North Entrance of the Capitol which faces J Street.

If you have any questions, please call me at (951) 683-4672. If you do not receive an answer, leave a message because this number will be forwarded to my mobile phone.

See you in Sacramento!

http://www.calnra.com/petition/

http://nramemberscouncils.com/legs.shtml?summary=ab1663&year=2010

Paul

Lateralus
03-23-2010, 1:45 PM
let's let our voice be heard. Email, call or better yet show up. Don't kick yourselves later and complain about ammo, lines, higher prices and finger prints.

So where were you?