PDA

View Full Version : The Incredible from Verizon.

Fantasma
03-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Forget the Iphone, I am done waiting patiently for you. Its Incredible time now!

Droid time to be exact....Rumors have it coming out in 2 weeks at the beginning of April. Rumor also is that it will be announced at the CTIA show.

Confirmed Specs.

1 Ghz Snapdragon processor (QSD8650) (245 Mhz at idle)
RAM - 512 MB (320 usable...like N1...more to become available with OS update)
ROM - 512MB flash + 8GB moviNANDe
8 MP camera (Dual flash and AF)
Android 2.1
Sense UI (w/ Friendstream)
Optical track pad (vs. "ball")
3.7 inch screen
WVGA resolution
AMOLED
1300 MaH battery
FM Tuner
802.11 b/g
Dimensions: 117.5 mm (L) x 58.5 mm (w) x 11.9 mm (T)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MYbnP_cWR00&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MYbnP_cWR00&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The Red back case was when it was in testing here is a more polished of how it will possibly look.

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/calguns_2008/ad2gp2.jpg

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/calguns_2008/more-htc-incredible-pic_468.jpg http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/calguns_2008/2qa8i7o.jpg

Uhhlexxxis
03-18-2010, 3:50 PM
neat, but the platform still (for all phone makers) is to be just like the iPhone... I won't have a different phone ever again.

JERK
03-18-2010, 4:05 PM
I have the Droid and love the Android platform. I won't use any other OS again. I the Incredible would have came out sooner I would be using that, but it's ok, my Droid is overclocked to 1Ghz.

JOEKILLA
03-18-2010, 4:22 PM
I am waiting for the Win7 Phone, Zune HD on steroids ;)

JDay
03-18-2010, 6:23 PM
I am waiting for the Win7 Phone, Zune HD on steroids ;)

The interface on that thing sucks.

JOEKILLA
03-18-2010, 7:42 PM

Different folks, different strokes ;)

Blackhawk556
03-18-2010, 9:03 PM

it sucks??? you've seen pictures and video only. At least play with it at the store when it comes out then say it sucks. it's like saying, "the handling of a corvette sucks" without even driving one.

the incredible will not sell that much you know why? because it doesn't have the marketing team of apple behind it. Even if a phone with specs 5x better than the iphone/incredible came out tomorrow, not many people would buy it because it's not an iphone. People would still prefer an iphone will low specs just because it's an iphone.

JERK
03-18-2010, 9:44 PM
I completely agree that it won't be a big seller. You would think if it was coming out soon that Verizon would be pushing it as part of the Droid line up. The Droid had great marketing and is estimated to have sold 1.05 million phones in 74 days. The Incredible will probably sell about as many phones as the Nexus 1 did.

Fantasma
03-18-2010, 9:57 PM
the incredible will not sell that much you know why? because it doesn't have the marketing team of apple behind it. Even if a phone with specs 5x better than the iphone/incredible came out tomorrow, not many people would buy it because it's not an iphone. People would still prefer an iphone will low specs just because it's an iphone.

Your post is a like a 9th grade high school girl speaking about her clothes...lol!

Please don't make this into an Iphone VS Droid fight, just because the iphone was the first product to offer amazing features doesn't mean it can hold on to that reign forever... Other products will eventually surpass the iphone. SO in the meantime go buy an IPAD and have fun with that over size Itouch, marketing is so good you might own one perhaps?

just to throw something out, the first droid with verizon sold 1.05 million in 74 days, the first Iphone sold 1.0 million in 74 days.... Now the 3gs sold about 1.5 million is 7 days, so lets see how the incredible does as it will be Verizon's next big android platform...

oh yeah, and android has flash support. ;)....

Fantasma
03-18-2010, 10:00 PM
I completely agree that it won't be a big seller. You would think if it was coming out soon that Verizon would be pushing it as part of the Droid line up. The Droid had great marketing and is estimated to have sold 1.05 million phones in 74 days. The Incredible will probably sell about as many phones as the Nexus 1 did.

These are just rumors dude, I am passing along rumors very good ones though, with lots of inside information. You will see a blitz of commercials in the coming weeks if all the insiders are correct, specially if HTC which has stated they will announce a new phone at CTIA next week. If its the Incredible prepare for many advertisements.

Nexus 1 sold .135 million (135k), you must be smoking crack if you think thats what the incredible will sell in 74 days.....

I will get back to you once the 74 days pass to rub it in how wrong your gonna be :p

Marsoc1
03-18-2010, 10:10 PM
Edited

thought my Nexus has N, apparently connects as N but has B/G connectivity.

I like my nexus, but i wish it had sense ui, 2.1 is stilla bit buggy to me. Even with the cpu speed i manage to crash the phone here and there. Also with the screen, good when u wear gloves, but it responds to everything that manages to touch it (dust, crumbs, or palm at the edge of the screen). Also not good in sunlight, hardly see the screen even had full power.

JERK
03-18-2010, 10:18 PM
These are just rumors dude, I am passing along rumors very good ones though, with lots of inside information. You will see a blitz of commercials in the coming weeks if all the insiders are correct, specially if HTC which has stated they will announce a new phone at CTIA next week. If its the Incredible prepare for many advertisements.

I've been reading about the rumors too, and if they are true, the phone may be out in two weeks and it hasn't even been officially announced. I would think that you would start the marketing blitz before you release a product, not the day of or after, to build up excitement and curiosity. That's how the Droid got me away form BlackBerry. I would love to see this phone put up massive numbers, as it would benefit the Android community.

JERK
03-18-2010, 10:23 PM
I love my nexus, but i wish it had sense ui, 2.1 is stilla bit buggy to me. Even with the cpu speed i manage to crash the phone here and there

You should root it and put a custom rom on it. I have a custom 2.1 rom on my Droid. It's super fast and stable. Love it.

Marsoc1
03-18-2010, 10:25 PM
thought about it, but i dont wanna brick it and perhaps plan to sell it later. not a bad phone tho. 2.1 was suppose to come out today for the droid but delayed again.

JERK
03-18-2010, 10:38 PM
You could always unroot when you're done. I did it for the first time two days ago and was surprised how easy it was.

mquejr
03-18-2010, 10:48 PM
good thing i haven't upgraded my phone yet...i'll wait for this one :D

caoboy
03-19-2010, 2:12 AM
If it isn't as smooth as the iphone/touch, it isn't worth it. That is the ONLY thing that keeps me from upgrading to a Android phone. Until another phone matches the smoothness, and has a battery that lasts for more than a day, I'll stick to my el cheapo free phone with a qwerty keyboard, that has a battery that lasts 5 days.

JDay
03-19-2010, 5:09 AM
it sucks??? you've seen pictures and video only. At least play with it at the store when it comes out then say it sucks. it's like saying, "the handling of a corvette sucks" without even driving one.

I was talking about the window 7 phone. The way they made the interface sucks. They don't even keep all the text on screen.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MdDAeyy1H0A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MdDAeyy1H0A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Acorn556
03-22-2010, 3:12 AM
I'm betting on it requiring a blackberry plan and not a normal plan. I have a free upgrade and I haven't upgraded because there isn't anything I want more than my Dare and I don't want a blackberry plan.

Acorn556
03-22-2010, 3:15 AM
Forget the Iphone, I am done waiting patiently for you. Its Incredible time now!

Droid time to be exact....Rumors have it coming out in 2 weeks at the beginning of April. Rumor also is that it will be announced at the CTIA show.

Confirmed Specs.

1 Ghz Snapdragon processor (QSD8650) (245 Mhz at idle)
RAM - 512 MB (320 usable...like N1...more to become available with OS update)
ROM - 512MB flash + 8GB moviNANDe
8 MP camera (Dual flash and AF)
Android 2.1
Sense UI (w/ Friendstream)
Optical track pad (vs. "ball")
3.7 inch screen
WVGA resolution
AMOLED
1300 MaH battery
FM Tuner
802.11 b/g
Dimensions: 117.5 mm (L) x 58.5 mm (w) x 11.9 mm (T)

8 Mega pixel? HOLY SMOKES!!!!!

I didn't really like the background and a couple other things on the face but I guess no phone is perfect. I like the huge clock but I'll have to check it out soon.

JDay
03-22-2010, 6:43 AM
I'm betting on it requiring a blackberry plan and not a normal plan. I have a free upgrade and I haven't upgraded because there isn't anything I want more than my Dare and I don't want a blackberry plan.

It only requires a data plan, not the blackberry plan which is different.

I didn't really like the background and a couple other things on the face but I guess no phone is perfect. I like the huge clock but I'll have to check it out soon.

You can customize the way it looks.

caoboy
03-22-2010, 10:59 AM

8mp is crap if the lens is no good.

Acorn556
03-23-2010, 3:08 PM
If its like my dare it will be a great camera. HOPEFULLY it's as fast as the iPhone too. I've missed tons of shots becuase the phone had to reload.

I'm surprised I couldn't find this over on howard forums. WTG CGN!

Good thing it only needs a data plan. I LOVE my data plan and I'll have to check this phone out when I see it.

caoboy
03-24-2010, 12:37 AM
If its like my dare it will be a great camera. HOPEFULLY it's as fast as the iPhone too. I've missed tons of shots becuase the phone had to reload.

I'm surprised I couldn't find this over on howard forums. WTG CGN!

Good thing it only needs a data plan. I LOVE my data plan and I'll have to check this phone out when I see it.

The dare has a SK lens on it though, that is why it is a good camera. I had a dare, I should have never gotten rid of it!

Acorn556
03-24-2010, 3:14 AM
No one has been able to find out what type of camera is on this thing. I remember when they came out with the DARE I walked up to my friend at Verizon and told him I wanted the DARE the morning it came out. First thing he asked me was "How did you know that phone was coming out?!?!?!" it was pretty funny.

I'm hoping to get this phone as a b-day gift to myself maybe. We'll see how the reviews go and I'l probably mess around with it for a couple weeks in the store before I pick one up. I picked up the DARE and I'm happy with it I just expected it to be more.

Fantasma
03-24-2010, 7:41 AM
I still have my Dare... lol

That is what no other phone has on it, its pictures. Awesome pictures.

iSaiga
03-24-2010, 7:51 AM
I was talking about the window 7 phone. The way they made the interface sucks. They don't even keep all the text on screen.

+ 1.
I wouldn't buy any phone from Microsoft unless you like their famous blue screen and have no problem with rebooting several times a day. :)

caoboy
03-24-2010, 12:27 PM
I just watched that first review....that sucked.

The phone looks like the smoothest out of all the android phones so far though.

Fantasma
04-15-2010, 10:39 AM
Finally Released. Pre-Order 19th, 4/29 release date.

http://phones.verizonwireless.com/htc/incredible/

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/15/htc-droid-incredible-officially-official-for-verizon-april-29-f/

JDay
04-15-2010, 3:38 PM
Finally Released. Pre-Order 19th, 4/29 release date.

http://phones.verizonwireless.com/htc/incredible/

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/15/htc-droid-incredible-officially-official-for-verizon-april-29-f/

Then its not yet released.

mquejr
04-15-2010, 3:53 PM
woot! at least a release date is announced

Fantasma
04-15-2010, 11:45 PM
Then its not yet released.

Oh yeah I mean finally Officially Announced.

Smarty pants!

Acorn556
04-22-2010, 3:06 AM
Now I'm stuck wondering if I should jump on this now or wait for the iPhone in June. I have a feeling THIS will be better but something in me says "Just wait dude."

Sinixstar
04-22-2010, 3:17 AM
I think some of the phone makers need to slow down on the flood of android phones to the market. The droid, NexusOne, the last moto phone (looks like a droid, but silver), and now this? All extraordinarily similar. The amount of overlap in the hardware lineup leads to a great deal of confusion....

As far as which platform - the way I look at it is, this phone is good enough that Apple's relationship with google hit the toilet over it - and Apple has gone so far as to sue HTC because they view this as being a threat to the iPhone's dominance. That raises some eyebrows as to exactly how capable this thing really is. Apparently it's good enough to have the biggest player in the market running scared. That alone makes it worth a look.

Personally - I love my droid. The problem I have with the HTC phones - is there's no hard keyboard (same problem I have with iPhone). The droid's slider keyboard is perfect. You maintain a nice big screen, and have a nice big keyboard. I looked at the Palm Pre for this reason - but I didn't like the interface, and for a slider - the screen wasn't much bigger then a blackberry. Just wasn't working out that well.

I personally would give it just a little bit more time before jumping on the droid bandwagon. Now that apple fired the shot across the bow - google's attitude is 'all bets are off'. They've already enabled multi-touch in the lastest android patch, and from what I understand a lot of other features that might have pissed off (A) will be coming soon.

JDay
04-22-2010, 7:44 AM
Now I'm stuck wondering if I should jump on this now or wait for the iPhone in June. I have a feeling THIS will be better but something in me says "Just wait dude."

The iPhone sucks, its locked down so you can only use approved apps. Screw Apple and their hype machine!

Bug Splat
04-22-2010, 10:08 AM
The iPhone sucks, its locked down so you can only use approved apps. Screw Apple and their hype machine!

No doubt you are going to get the "Just Jail brake it dude" crowd here. My problem is I shouldn't have to "illegally" mod anything I buy. Its mine. I own it so don't tell me how I can't do this and that with it.

My current work phone is running Win Mo 6.1 with a SPB Shell and while I just love the interface of SPB it lacks horse power sometimes. Opening up the camera app give me a couple seconds of lag. With SPB coming out with the new 5.0 for Andriod I'm all over that. I can have the horsepower with the same great interface I love.

My upgrade is coming up and I will be getting the Incredible. :D

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sS_aQKJ-Zc8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sS_aQKJ-Zc8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

FreedomIsNotFree
04-23-2010, 12:39 AM
The iPhone is not coming to VZW in June. At best, sometime in the Fall. At worst, not at all. Although the CEO's of both Verizon and Verizon Wireless have made it perfectly clear they would like to carry Apple products, there are lots of details that need to be ironed out. The Incredible, from a hardware perspective, will be the device of choice likely through much of 2010.

Sounds far off, but the real fun will begin Q1 2011 when LTE has been launched in over 30 markets and the first LTE smartphones hit the VZW network.

JDay
04-23-2010, 1:55 AM
The iPhone is not coming to VZW in June. At best, sometime in the Fall. At worst, not at all. Although the CEO's of both Verizon and Verizon Wireless have made it perfectly clear they would like to carry Apple products, there are lots of details that need to be ironed out. The Incredible, from a hardware perspective, will be the device of choice likely through much of 2010.

Sounds far off, but the real fun will begin Q1 2011 when LTE has been launched in over 30 markets and the first LTE smartphones hit the VZW network.

I seriously doubt the iPhone will ever come to Verizon as long as they are promoting Android based devices. Apple will not allow their phones to be sold by a carrier that promotes a superior device. Why do you think you don't see AT&T advertising their Android based phone (Motorola Backflip) as such?

FreedomIsNotFree
04-25-2010, 7:24 PM
I seriously doubt the iPhone will ever come to Verizon as long as they are promoting Android based devices. Apple will not allow their phones to be sold by a carrier that promotes a superior device. Why do you think you don't see AT&T advertising their Android based phone (Motorola Backflip) as such?

The market isn't large enough for Apple to take that position. Their potential customer base is consistently shrinking, due to the AT&T exclusivity. Apple needs new customers and that will only come with them opening up to additional carrier(s). Who and when remains to be seen.

Nessal
04-25-2010, 8:12 PM
Your post is a like a 9th grade high school girl speaking about her clothes...lol!

Please don't make this into an Iphone VS Droid fight, just because the iphone was the first product to offer amazing features doesn't mean it can hold on to that reign forever... Other products will eventually surpass the iphone. SO in the meantime go buy an IPAD and have fun with that over size Itouch, marketing is so good you might own one perhaps?

just to throw something out, the first droid with verizon sold 1.05 million in 74 days, the first Iphone sold 1.0 million in 74 days.... Now the 3gs sold about 1.5 million is 7 days, so lets see how the incredible does as it will be Verizon's next big android platform...

Let's not forget that the first iphone costs like $600. Imagine if it had the subsidized prices like the droid phone.

Sinixstar
04-25-2010, 11:57 PM

Both Apple and Verizon know they're losing a lot of money by the iPhone being tied to AT&T. As much as they may have some issues to work out - having a buttload of money on the table makes people get over their problems very quickly.

The only thing that could throw a monkey wrench into this - is sprint's 4G network. Everybody's working on one - but Sprint is the only one I believe that has theirs up and running. One of the problems with AT&T was their lack of ability to ramp up capacity to meet demand. If Apple creates a 4G iPhone, they could go to sprint - as they're already several steps ahead of the rest of the field in that regard.

Sinixstar
04-25-2010, 11:59 PM

This sums up my thoughts on the iPad nicely:

http://www.winandmac.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/ipad-hp-fail.jpg

JDay
04-26-2010, 4:21 AM
Both Apple and Verizon know they're losing a lot of money by the iPhone being tied to AT&T. As much as they may have some issues to work out - having a buttload of money on the table makes people get over their problems very quickly.

Not really.

The only thing that could throw a monkey wrench into this - is sprint's 4G network. Everybody's working on one - but Sprint is the only one I believe that has theirs up and running. One of the problems with AT&T was their lack of ability to ramp up capacity to meet demand. If Apple creates a 4G iPhone, they could go to sprint - as they're already several steps ahead of the rest of the field in that regard.

Sprints so called "4G" network is not really 4G, its more like 3.5G. Only Verizon will have a true 4G network operating in the near future.

slobson
04-26-2010, 11:30 AM
Not really.

Sprints so called "4G" network is not really 4G, its more like 3.5G. Only Verizon will have a true 4G network operating in the near future.

+1
4G is good marketing, not good tech, and practically will not make a noticeable difference in speed for all but the most demanding/sophisticated of users

Sinixstar
04-26-2010, 1:01 PM
+1
4G is good marketing, not good tech, and practically will not make a noticeable difference in speed for all but the most demanding/sophisticated of users

which makes it absolutely perfect for apple. :p

JDay
04-26-2010, 8:35 PM
+1

It will make a big difference, true 4g is 100mbit/sec full duplex.

thatrogue
04-26-2010, 11:43 PM
t-mobile is the obvious winner of the iphone opening to new carriers, identical specs just adjust the frequencies... bamm... plus evaluate t-mobile...they already have the iphone over sea's.... apple likes to dictate terms t-mobile comply's while Verizon dictates in return.

slobson
04-27-2010, 12:44 AM
It will make a big difference, true 4g is 100mbit/sec full duplex.

I should clarify my statement. . .

4g as sprint will be selling it is all style and no substance, nothing near the speed you are talking about. verizon is claiming to be able to hit that number with its new network, which is convenient considering its not up and running yet. not to say they it won't happen, but I for one won't be holding my breath

JDay
04-27-2010, 1:49 AM
I should clarify my statement. . .

4g as sprint will be selling it is all style and no substance, nothing near the speed you are talking about. verizon is claiming to be able to hit that number with its new network, which is convenient considering its not up and running yet. not to say they it won't happen, but I for one won't be holding my breath

Verizon has been testing their 4g network, it just wont go live until they have hit their targeted minimum coverage and have the bugs worked out. Expect it to go live around July.

FreedomIsNotFree
04-27-2010, 2:15 AM
Finally got my hands on the Incredible today. Very light as compared to the Droid. Still on the fence about swapping out the Droid. The SenseUI may delay future updates to Android in addition to making root difficult.

For me, it boils down to one of these question. If you want more control of your phone and seek the ability to load custom ROM's, Droid gets the nod. If you want an integrated experience and don't particularly care for tweaking your device, the Incredible gets the nod.

It's nice to have choices.

JDay
04-27-2010, 2:54 AM
Finally got my hands on the Incredible today. Very light as compared to the Droid. Still on the fence about swapping out the Droid. The SenseUI may delay future updates to Android in addition to making root difficult.

For me, it boils down to one of these question. If you want more control of your phone and seek the ability to load custom ROM's, Droid gets the nod. If you want an integrated experience and don't particularly care for tweaking your device, the Incredible gets the nod.

It's nice to have choices.

You should be able to root the Incredible no problem. Google is telling Verizon customers who want a Nexus 1 to get the Incredible. Its also an HTC device and they have a good track record of not locking their devices down.

FreedomIsNotFree
04-27-2010, 2:42 PM
HTC has actually had a BA track record when it comes to android updates. Both the Hero and Eris have still not received updates. 1.5 is so last year. Now that adobe has announced full flash support on froyo, 2.2, I'm a bit worried the Incredible may not receive a timely update. Still on the fence.

slobson
04-27-2010, 3:02 PM
Verizon has been testing their 4g network, it just wont go live until they have hit their targeted minimum coverage and have the bugs worked out. Expect it to go live around July.

like I said, tested but not up and running :p
its hard to bet against them though considering their track record. is july the release they are quoting, or is it an estimation by others?

stormy_clothing
04-27-2010, 3:30 PM
May 19th is the google conference and alot of people are expecting details and perhaps a release of 2.2 that day. Adobe is saying flash in the first half and Google is saying 2.2 has full flash support.

HTC probably worked up 2.2 but is waiting for Adobe to finish and test on there end.

p7m8jg
04-27-2010, 3:38 PM
Got notice from FedEx that mine is on its way - should be here by Thurs....

JDay
04-28-2010, 12:54 AM
like I said, tested but not up and running :p
its hard to bet against them though considering their track record. is july the release they are quoting, or is it an estimation by others?

I've seen July quoted as a likely time frame.

JERK
04-28-2010, 8:13 PM
Get mine on Friday!

MrNiceGuy
04-28-2010, 8:54 PM
Mine's coming tomorrow.....so excited!

JPurp
04-29-2010, 4:55 PM
I traded in my 20 day old DROID for a DROID Incredible today. It lives up to the name. Fast, tons of memory, Sense UI and the best display I have ever seen.

BTW I own a Compaq TC1000 and for that reason alone I will not own an Apple MaxiPAD.

-JP

Acorn556
04-30-2010, 4:23 PM
I played with one for about 20 seconds yesterday and wanted it. I'll have to wait on it for a while and see the direction it goes and make a decision between that or the iPhone coming to Verizon.

Diablo
05-08-2010, 9:58 AM
I just went to the Verizon store and handled the Incredible. It is an awesome phone, very fast, clear, and tons of other options. It is however back ordered for a month.

When is the Storm 3 coming out?

Fantasma
05-08-2010, 11:24 AM
I love this phone, exceeded all my expectations.

Can't wait for froyo to come out on this.

Diablo
05-08-2010, 2:32 PM
I'm thinking on getting either the Incredible or Storm 2. Decisions, decisions....

JDay
05-09-2010, 10:30 PM
I'm thinking on getting either the Incredible or Storm 2. Decisions, decisions....

The Storm 2 sucks.

Diablo
05-10-2010, 5:17 AM
Can you elaborate?

JERK
05-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Well, I had the original storm, which was terrible. I did use OS 5.0 for a couple of months and it worked decent. I have handled the storm 2, and it feels real solid but.... if you are looking for an Android or IPhone type experience, the current Blackberry's won't cut it. Their marketplace is nowhere near the Android marketplace. There is a program for everything you can think of. I had 3 different Blackberry devices and loved most of them, untill I was shown the light.
The best thing to do, is to go into a store and try them both out.

JDay
05-10-2010, 5:24 PM
Well, I had the original storm, which was terrible. I did use OS 5.0 for a couple of months and it worked decent. I have handled the storm 2, and it feels real solid but.... if you are looking for an Android or IPhone type experience, the current Blackberry's won't cut it. Their marketplace is nowhere near the Android marketplace. There is a program for everything you can think of. I had 3 different Blackberry devices and loved most of them, untill I was shown the light.
The best thing to do, is to go into a store and try them both out.

The touch screen on the Storm 2 leaves a lot to be desired, you have to push the screen in to do stuff. Its not a true touch screen. Blackberries will also never be like Android/iPhone, they're made for mobile enterprise email.

Fantasma
05-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Yup storm 2 is old news, and it was not ever really good.

They are not on the same level.

Diablo
05-11-2010, 9:13 PM
So....are you able to still access all emails as I can do with my Storm? Public agencies emails for example.

JDay
05-12-2010, 12:59 AM
So....are you able to still access all emails as I can do with my Storm? Public agencies emails for example.

Don't see why not, Android has full MS Exchange support.

FreedomIsNotFree
05-13-2010, 11:10 PM

Depends if the agency supports Exchange/Active Sync. If they run a BES server then BlackBerry is all you can use.