PDA

View Full Version : Any hogs in Sierra NF or Sequoia NF D7 / D8?

Hunt
03-18-2010, 7:43 AM
my brother is moving up to Fresno and would like to get out and hunt some hogs if not too far D7 or D8 any public land areas

Bearclaw
03-18-2010, 4:47 PM
I deer hunt D8 every year. Never seen any hogs or sign where I go. But it is pretty high in altitude (3000-9000ft). But I've got buddies who have gotten hogs up the 41 closer to Yosemite. Good luck.

vhram
03-18-2010, 5:08 PM
We hunt d8 too , I have never seen any there , I heard the closer to d7 you get there was . My buddy lives in d7 and there are pigs there. Alot of private property too.

DougJ
03-18-2010, 5:24 PM
Lots of private ranch land in the foothills with hogs. A rancher that was running a dozen or so heifers on my property a few years ago had a permit to trap and kill all he could take at that time. They breed fast and can be pretty destructive.

You might be able to ask around or put up some flyers in the foothill areas and see if you get any nibbles.

Bearclaw
03-18-2010, 5:28 PM
Lots of private ranch land in the foothills with hogs. A rancher that was running a dozen or so heifers on my property a few years ago had a permit to trap and kill all he could take at that time. They breed fast and can be pretty destructive.

You might be able to ask around or put up some flyers in the foothill areas and see if you get any nibbles.

So when should I "pay a visit" to your property??? :innocent: