PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone need pigs harvested off their property?

starin
03-17-2010, 10:03 PM
I posted just a second ago about the coyotes so i wont put my background info on this, but just curious if anyone in the Hollister area needs pigs taken out? Im extremly respectful of landowners property and very discrete. I know the pigs do alot of damage to crops and farmland. It would just be me and my hunting friend who is respectful or rules and regulations just like me.
Thanks for any input.

jbolton
03-17-2010, 10:17 PM
:rofl2:

Welcome to calguns

gdun
03-17-2010, 10:20 PM
By the way I'm the friend that will be going with him ;)

starin
03-17-2010, 10:32 PM
Hey thanks for the welcome, I moved up here about 3 years ago from the central coast, pismo beach area, i used to hunt every couple weeks there on blm land. I sold my truck and rifle when i moved up here, then about 2 months ago i got the itch to start hunting again. I ordered up a weatherby, scope and everything. now i just need a few places to hunt, i searched on google and not much info for bay area hunting. i hope you guys and gals can give me some info. my best friend who just ordered his rifle is my ride seeing as i dont have a truck yet. just saving some money up for an old toyota pickup. but we are both very respectful folks.

rumblebee
03-18-2010, 10:55 AM
I like to read these posts.....laughter is good medicine ;):D

Boots on the ground and knocking on doors is the answer.

welcome to CG's! :)

Santa Cruz Armory
03-18-2010, 12:46 PM
Howdy friend. If you find a place let me know. I'm looking for a place as well, but I'll be using a bow. I live in the Santa Cruz area and have a line on 2 places, just waiting for the final OK from the owners.

Good luck.

professionalcoyotehunter
03-18-2010, 1:09 PM

ditto. :D

Bearclaw
03-18-2010, 4:45 PM

double ditto!!

Shoot-it
03-18-2010, 7:07 PM
If you find a place let me know to.

One time I was in africa and I asked a bunch of starving people for a t bone steak and they gave me a bad look what's up with that.

Black Majik
03-18-2010, 7:43 PM
Hey, I'm also willing to offer my services, FOR FREE too!

starin
03-18-2010, 8:27 PM
Haha well as of now i dont have any leads, it sucks everything is private land, oh well guess if i do get a hog on blm it will be quite a feat. the blm land near san luis obispo was a wasteland for pigs, not water food or habitat for them. i heard some parts of ft hunter ligget are good. but it seems like its really complicated to get on the grounds there.

SexPistol
03-19-2010, 8:35 AM
My buddy said he's starting to see pigs and piglets running around his ranch :) I'm excited!!!

professionalcoyotehunter
03-19-2010, 8:36 AM
Liggett is not complicated at all you just need to fill out the form for the year and pay the $90.

If you need a hunting buddy for liggett contact Mwunsch. He is headed up there today and is allowed a guest. I was going to go but have way to much to handle this weekend.

theseacow
03-19-2010, 10:07 AM
I've been seeing pigs all over my place of work this morning. You are more then welcome to come on over and harvest one. I'm in Santa Clara near SJ airport.

professionalcoyotehunter
03-19-2010, 10:08 AM
So what time do you want me there?

theseacow
03-19-2010, 10:47 AM
So what time do you want me there?

I would suggest tuesday's since that is free pastry day and they can usually be seen in sounders moving in the hallways. I would also suggest that you hang out by the elevator even though the building is only 2 stories as they prefer that to the stairs. I guarantee you will see plenty. Let me know if you are interested and I can let you in.

professionalcoyotehunter
03-19-2010, 10:49 AM
I will hit the staircase first. They will never be expecting me there.

shadowofnight
03-19-2010, 11:58 AM
This is probably a joke , but it was just posted up in a local help wanted section 5 minutes ago...if I get a response to my reply I will post it.

" I have a 7,200 acre ranch and boars are destroying my land. I bought this ranch last year to plant a vineyard, but these pigs have rooted up my first planting and I don't know what to do. If anybody is interested in shooting some of these pesky critters I would be forever indebted! As a thank you, you may take a turkey or even a buck during deer season if you get some of these hogs off the land. I am not sure if anybody would be interested in shooting these vermin, but I was quoted $100 per hog removed from an extermination company. That would cost me tens of thousands based on the amout of pigs here, so I thought I would ask the publics help at this time. Again if anybody would be interested in exterminating these varmits I would be forever greatful. Thanks. I will pay for your ammo and fuel expenses if that will encourage you to come and help me out. My ranch is clearly marked and I can give you GPS coordinates to hunt the land. I do ask you be respectful as this is also a working cattle ranch. My land is swarming with these hogs and I really could use the help! Thanks in advance if anybody is interested.

PS: You must meet me at the gate if you want to hunt the land, if you have a 4wd you can drive around as most roads are in fine shape. You will see hogs right away but I ask that you don't start shooting until you are will inside the land. "

professionalcoyotehunter
03-19-2010, 12:04 PM
Sounds legit. Keep us posted.

Swatguy10_15
03-19-2010, 12:06 PM
Drooling here........:icon_bs:

shadowofnight
03-19-2010, 12:10 PM
Sounds legit. Keep us posted.

One can hope :)

But you know how they say if it sounds too good to be true....

professionalcoyotehunter
03-19-2010, 12:13 PM
I thought the same thing once and now he is a good friend who lets me hunt pigs and coyote on his property. :D Never lose hope.

Bearclaw
03-19-2010, 1:32 PM
This is probably a joke , but it was just posted up in a local help wanted section 5 minutes ago...if I get a response to my reply I will post it.

" I have a 7,200 acre ranch and boars are destroying my land. I bought this ranch last year to plant a vineyard, but these pigs have rooted up my first planting and I don't know what to do. If anybody is interested in shooting some of these pesky critters I would be forever indebted! As a thank you, you may take a turkey or even a buck during deer season if you get some of these hogs off the land. I am not sure if anybody would be interested in shooting these vermin, but I was quoted $100 per hog removed from an extermination company. That would cost me tens of thousands based on the amout of pigs here, so I thought I would ask the publics help at this time. Again if anybody would be interested in exterminating these varmits I would be forever greatful. Thanks. I will pay for your ammo and fuel expenses if that will encourage you to come and help me out. My ranch is clearly marked and I can give you GPS coordinates to hunt the land. I do ask you be respectful as this is also a working cattle ranch. My land is swarming with these hogs and I really could use the help! Thanks in advance if anybody is interested.

PS: You must meet me at the gate if you want to hunt the land, if you have a 4wd you can drive around as most roads are in fine shape. You will see hogs right away but I ask that you don't start shooting until you are will inside the land. "

I WANT IN!!! We should get groups of 3-4 and we can just go out there with you in rotation....one day, one group....the next trip, the next group.

One can hope :)

But you know how they say if it sounds too good to be true....

I was thinking the same thing, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed!

tpuig
03-19-2010, 2:17 PM
I'd love to know where this place is too....

shadowofnight
03-19-2010, 2:36 PM
I'd love to know where this place is too....

I keep checking my email for a reply, nothing yet ...but the ad said Sonoma.

Deluhathol
03-19-2010, 2:45 PM
If its in Sonoma county make sure you scare all the pigs toward the ranch I'm going to be hunting on.

Bearclaw
03-19-2010, 5:31 PM
If its in Sonoma county make sure you scare all the pigs toward the ranch I'm going to be hunting on.

Of course I need the exact location of said ranch and the date/time you will be there! :43:

tamalpias
03-19-2010, 5:43 PM
dildo. :D

double dildo!!

oh my :eek:

:tooth:

:laugh:

Bearclaw
03-19-2010, 6:11 PM
very funny pal....very funny...:toetap05:

spectr17
03-19-2010, 8:51 PM

As Curly would say, "a bandanza".

cdtx2001
03-19-2010, 9:11 PM

I saw that one too and sent an email. Would be nice if it's not a joke.

shadowofnight
03-19-2010, 9:18 PM
I saw that one too and sent an email. Would be nice if it's not a joke. No reply as of yet , I think my initial thought of too good to be true is going to be the outcome.

starin
03-19-2010, 9:56 PM
wth guys i was the one who posted i have 1st dibs lol

starin
03-19-2010, 10:01 PM
Near what city are you located cdtx2001? were near hollister area. I just sent you a PM.

SexPistol
03-20-2010, 10:06 AM
I've been seeing pigs all over my place of work this morning. You are more then welcome to come on over and harvest one. I'm in Santa Clara near SJ airport.
Where do you work? I live in Sunnyvale.

pieeater
03-20-2010, 10:27 AM
I would suggest tuesday's since that is free pastry day and they can usually be seen in sounders moving in the hallways. I would also suggest that you hang out by the elevator even though the building is only 2 stories as they prefer that to the stairs. I guarantee you will see plenty. Let me know if you are interested and I can let you in.

I'm up for it!! Ill even let you guys take the really big ones.I'll just take a couple in the 150 to 200 lb range. Is their a bar nearby? I might need to get liquored up first.

winxp_man
03-21-2010, 1:41 AM
I'm up for it!! Ill even let you guys take the really big ones.I'll just take a couple in the 150 to 200 lb range. Is their a bar nearby? I might need to get liquored up first.

are donuts as bait legal there ? if so i can provide some and what is the legal cal ? same as the whole state any centerfire round ?

gotta make sure we're legal here right ? :) :D :laugh:

Bearclaw
03-22-2010, 7:47 AM
see the other thread on this same topic. that listing has been updated. It was a scam all along.