PDA

View Full Version : Need coyote hunting info

starin
03-17-2010, 10:59 PM
Hey there just trying to gather some info hopefully I can get some input by joining the site. So i just purchased a new weatherby vanguard in a .257 caliber, just received my redfield scope in the mail 3-12x40mm and all I have left is to sight it in. Anyways I reside in Fremont, about 20 minutes south of Oakland. Where is the nearest place to go coyote hunting around here? I used to live near Pismo beach and Las Padres national forest was literally 5 minutes away, Now i'm living here in the Bay Area and im super disconcerted. My hunting buddy lives in Hollister and he has the truck so we will be looking for a place in that vicinity. Any particular places you have had good luck with in calling coyotes in, hes never done it and so far when i lived on the coast i called 4 in myself with mouth calls. Thanks for the info in advance.

professionalcoyotehunter
03-18-2010, 2:10 PM
Shoot me a PM.

tpuig
03-18-2010, 2:23 PM
Where are you located? I'm in Mountain View and would be very interested in doing this as well. Maybe we can take a trip to visit PCH...

professionalcoyotehunter
03-18-2010, 2:26 PM
come on down.

Bearclaw
03-18-2010, 5:49 PM
Hey there just trying to gather some info hopefully I can get some input by joining the site. So i just purchased a new weatherby vanguard in a .257 caliber, just received my redfield scope in the mail 3-12x40mm and all I have left is to sight it in. Anyways I reside in Fremont, about 20 minutes south of Oakland. Where is the nearest place to go coyote hunting around here? I used to live near Pismo beach and Las Padres national forest was literally 5 minutes away, Now i'm living here in the Bay Area and im super disconcerted. My hunting buddy lives in Hollister and he has the truck so we will be looking for a place in that vicinity. Any particular places you have had good luck with in calling coyotes in, hes never done it and so far when i lived on the coast i called 4 in myself with mouth calls. Thanks for the info in advance.

Once PCH tells you where to go....then you are obligated to take me with you! :D But really...my guess is that it will be somewhere down by Hollister or on the other side of Mt. Hamilton. Am I correct PCH??? :whistling:

professionalcoyotehunter
03-18-2010, 7:02 PM
Possibly you never know with me. I could end up in Nevada.

Fireguy
03-18-2010, 7:13 PM
I hunt deer in C4 and hear coyotes every night. Does that mean they are in calling range? What call would you use during the day?

professionalcoyotehunter
03-18-2010, 7:16 PM
If you can hear them they can most definitely hear you. :D Give it a try.

starin
03-18-2010, 9:22 PM
Im located in Hayward, but my friend is in Hollister and he has the truck so we will be looking for a place in the hollister area.

Bearclaw
03-19-2010, 9:52 AM
If you can hear them they can most definitely hear you. :D Give it a try.

Hey! that's what i was going to say!

professionalcoyotehunter
03-19-2010, 9:56 AM
Beat you to it. :D

I am headed out to new territory on Sunday afternoon. My friend found a lady with some property who needs her sheep protected.

Bearclaw
03-19-2010, 10:18 AM
Lucky Bass Turd!!! So next time "Curtis' Coyote Capers" brings you up my way, you're gonna have to let me know. Even if we just grab some lunch or something (hopefully it would be HUNTING and lunch, of course)...'cuz my sorry butt is never down your way!

professionalcoyotehunter
03-19-2010, 10:50 AM
I hear a Road trip coming on.:party:

gigahertz
03-19-2010, 11:02 AM
Beat you to it. :D

I am headed out to new territory on Sunday afternoon. My friend found a lady with some property who needs her sheep protected.

And if you need help with that....... :D

professionalcoyotehunter
03-19-2010, 11:20 AM
Right now I am a guest but if I can get permission extended to bring a guest.