PDA

View Full Version : observation regarding Fed agency shotgun purchases.

nicki
03-17-2010, 8:19 PM
I noticed a trend with various Fed agencies purchasing the 14 in model Rem 870 shotguns.

My observation is the following, Heller clarifies that Federally the 2A is an individual right, but my understanding is Miller still stands with regards to only protecting arms suitable for militia duty.

The issue of wheter Jack Miller's shotgun was suitable for militia purposes to my understanding went down to the lower courts for a finding of fact which never happened.

Since the goverment now routinely is buying both SBS and SBRs, it seems to me the government is showing that such arms are well suited for "Miltia Uses", as such, should be constitutionally protected arms.

What do you guys think?

Nicki

The Director
03-17-2010, 8:48 PM
I think you're right.

BigDogatPlay
03-17-2010, 8:53 PM
An interesting notion... the fact that LEA are flocking to the SBS sort of makes the argument that they have no legitimate purpose kind of weak.

Well played!!!!

Silencer
03-17-2010, 9:11 PM
Agreed 100%. If the feds can have small arms like this, so shall we.

7x57
03-17-2010, 9:14 PM
Gee, it would be nice to be the decent, upstanding sort of person who believes the courts would buy that kind of argument.

7x57

Aleksandr Mravinsky
03-17-2010, 9:46 PM
Your logic makes sense. Wish you were right in practice; perhaps some sort of post-McDonald suit? I would very much like a SBR.

Shotgun Man
03-17-2010, 9:56 PM
Sounds terrific. Your logic is bullet-proof. I hope we keep this at the top of our agenda post MacDonald.

BigDogatPlay
03-17-2010, 9:58 PM
Gee, it would be nice to be the decent, upstanding sort of person who believes the courts would buy that kind of argument.

7x57

Of course they won't believe it.... all the more reason to litigate until they do. :D

magsnubs
03-17-2010, 10:09 PM
I am reminded of some Russian girls I met once at a pool hall. They were absolutely horrible, almost ripping up felt, and careening wildly all over the table. I asked them if they played pool back home (they were obviously fresh off the boat), and they said "no, pool is only for rich people in Russia" this was in 1990, the wall had barely fallen, so ask them what they meant, I thought the whole point of communism was that there would be no rich people. They said that no, the people who work for the government were rich.

stan
03-17-2010, 11:54 PM
Your logic makes sense. Wish you were right in practice; perhaps some sort of post-McDonald suit? I would very much like a SBR.

i would very much like a select fire.....actually i would like all my stuff select fire. the logic in this thread would apply to such things too i think.