PDA

View Full Version : EMERYVILLE UPDATE

sbrady@Michel&Associates
03-17-2010, 4:41 PM
I just wanted to clarify for everyone what last night’s Emeryville City Council meeting meant.

First, at least for now, all provisions relating to ammunition vendors (including the AB 962-like registration provisions) have been removed from the proposed ordinance. (However, the ECC could amend to put those back in if they feel so inclined).

Second, the rejection of the ammo provisions constituted an amendment to the proposed ordinance that they originally passed on first reading on March 2, 2010. Thus, they could not vote to adopt the ordinance as amended last night, which means last night constituted the first reading of the amended ordinance, not its adoption.

To be clear: the proposed LCAV ordinance in Emeryville was NOT adopted last night. It was amended and passed on first reading. The second reading is scheduled for April 6, 2010. I have personally confirmed this with the City Attorney.

You can read more details about the meeting at www.calgunlaws.com.

Also, I am not telling people what to do, but I suggest that everyone hold off on sending anymore e-mails to the ECC for the time being. My reasoning is that I think they are aware of the controversial nature of this ordinance, and we do not want to alienate any of them by bombarding them with e-mails. My suggestion may change prior to April 6. Of course, everyone is free to do what they want, it is just a thought I had.

SJgunguy24
03-17-2010, 4:48 PM
So in layman terms, make ready but hold your fire.

jdberger
03-17-2010, 4:53 PM
I think that's excellent advice, Sean - but with one caveat.

If people would like to send a nice "thank you for giving us the opportunity to discuss this important issue" with you LETTER (not email) - I think that it would be a welcome gesture.

TripleXGuns
03-17-2010, 4:55 PM
Does this mean that we should all plan on attending the April 6th meeting as well or is it a moot point?

bwiese
03-17-2010, 4:57 PM
Does this mean that we should all plan on attending the April 6th meeting as well or is it a moot point?

We should all plan to the best of our abilities to attend any such event that is scheduled and not called off officially - unless a "stand down" notice comes from Righteous Parties in the legal field.

sbrady@Michel&Associates
03-17-2010, 4:58 PM
I think that's excellent advice, Sean - but with one caveat.

If people would like to send a nice "thank you for giving us the opportunity to discuss this important issue" with you LETTER (not email) - I think that it would be a welcome gesture.

I agree with you on the benefit of your caveat, Mr. Berger. Thank you letters are always a good idea (well I'm sure there are some major caveats for that statement, but you all can figure those out for yourselves:)).

thedrickel
03-17-2010, 6:06 PM
Do you still need a copy of the lined out measure? I can scan and post it here.

unusedusername
03-17-2010, 8:08 PM
I assume we are going back on the 6th ?

oaklander
03-18-2010, 1:42 AM
Get a copy to me and Sean first.

Do you still need a copy of the lined out measure? I can scan and post it here.

oaklander
03-18-2010, 1:43 AM
Let's mark the date, but wait until we get further direction. Folks this is a BIG WIN! I will coordinate with Sean, et al.

Let's move with caution.

I assume we are going back on the 6th ?

squompois
03-18-2010, 10:07 AM
I'm allowed to keep and bear arms. I want a grenade launcher and a surface-to-air missile (SAM) and these are arms. I want you guys to fight for my right to own a SAM.

Kestryll
03-18-2010, 10:19 AM
I'm allowed to keep and bear arms. I want a grenade launcher and a surface-to-air missile (SAM) and these are arms. I want you guys to fight for my right to own a SAM.

Well what do you know!

Brian Donahue has decided to join Calguns and troll!
User: squompois
Email address: sophbeau@yahoo.com

Yes, I know it's you, no you're not doing much more than providing amusement.

PatriotnMore
03-18-2010, 10:23 AM
This comment is so ridiculous, it does not deserve a serious reply. If trolling is your idea of a good time, you need to get a life. I don't see much of a future for you here.

Kestryll
03-18-2010, 10:30 AM
For those who don't know Brian he's some guy with a blog who feels we are all evil gun owners out to kill puppies.

At least that's what I'm getting out of his blog: Useless link removed

jdberger
03-18-2010, 10:32 AM
Dear Brian is simply a troll. An internet troll, a blogging troll and a troll in real life.

I suspect that it has something to do with alcoholism. I can't be sure, but he does display a lot of the physical indicators.

PatriotnMore
03-18-2010, 10:38 AM
Officially added as the first person to make my ignore list.

thedrickel
03-18-2010, 12:09 PM
Sent the scan to Oak and Sean Brady. I'll try to post it here later, it's over the pdf size limit (5mb) :(

Kestryll
03-18-2010, 12:10 PM
Here's some free education for you.

The First Amendment applies to the Government and Government run entities.
Were this forum owned by the Government or in some way subsidized by tax dollars you would have a potential claim to the First Amendment here.

However, this forum is a PRIVATELY owned entity with specific rules that you agree to abide by when you sign up. Another aspect of signing up for this private forum is that your ability to read or post as a member are entirely at the discretion of the forum owner.

In short, you have no First Amendment protections on this private forum nor does anyone on any privately owned web forum. Your 'right' to speak is solely granted by the forum Owner.

Now here's some tips for you.

Unlike your blog, where you can post your snide comments in response to those who present you with facts you can not refute we have rules.
Rules that you agreed to abide by when you registered.
Now granted, these rules require you to have integrity and to actually honor your word by following them but do try please.

I will tell you this plainly, you will likely end up getting banned from Calguns.
Not because we want to 'shut you up' or any grand reason like that.
Simply because from what I've seen of your communication skills and how you react to people who present opposing views and can back them up you will not be able to present your views without insult or vitriol and will violate the rules of your own accord.

Since this is an awful lot of reading I'll summarize.
You have no First Amendment protections here.
You are obligated to follow the rules of this forum.
If you can not follow my rules you will be removed.
Your fate is yours to decide by your words and your actions.

squompois
03-18-2010, 12:14 PM
The motivation here is indeed to "shut up" those with dissenting views.

oaklander
03-18-2010, 12:16 PM
Thank you Kes, very well said.

Here's some free education for you.

The First Amendment applies to the Government and Government run entities.
Were this forum owned by the Government or in some way subsidized by tax dollars you would have a potential claim to the First Amendment here.

However, this forum is a PRIVATELY owned entity with specific rules that you agree to abide by when you sign up. Another aspect of signing up for this private forum is that your ability to read or post as a member are entirely at the discretion of the forum owner.

In short, you have no First Amendment protections on this private forum nor does anyone on any privately owned web forum. Your 'right' to speak is solely granted by the forum Owner.

Now here's some tips for you.

Unlike your blog, where you can post your snide comments in response to those who present you with facts you can not refute we have rules.
Rules that you agreed to abide by when you registered.
Now granted, these rules require you to have integrity and to actually honor your word by following them but do try please.

I will tell you this plainly, you will likely end up getting banned from Calguns.
Not because we want to 'shut you up' or any grand reason like that.
Simply because from what I've seen of your communication skills and how you react to people who present opposing views and can back them up you will not be able to present your views without insult or vitriol and will violate the rules of your own accord.

Since this is an awful lot of reading I'll summarize.
You have no First Amendment protections here.
You are obligated to follow the rules of this forum.
If you can not follow my rules you will be removed.
Your fate is yours to decide by your words and your actions.

squompois
To the other members-

Your moderator is already censoring comments here. Have fun in your echo chamber.

IGOTDIRT4U

If you want to have a calm and rational discussion over 2A views and the Emeryville proposed ordinance, I am sure Kes will gladly accomodate you. Otherwise, behaviour that exceeds the rules that you agreed to upon registering, will be Kes's call as to what content remains on this forum.

oaklander
03-18-2010, 12:17 PM
scribd.com

Sent the scan to Oak and Sean Brady. I'll try to post it here later, it's over the pdf size limit (5mb) :(

Kestryll
03-18-2010, 12:18 PM

As expected, rather than discuss and present a substantial argument you default to the dismissive one line comment.

I assume you will be gracing us with your little comments for a short timeand then moving on once you realize you can not get traction with your unsupported arguments and snide comments.

Yeah, this will be unique....

Kestryll
03-18-2010, 12:20 PM
To the other members-

Your moderator is already censoring comments here. Have fun in your echo chamber.

Only removing your trolling comments, feel free to post something of substance and it will stay.
Keep trying to initiate arguments and it will not.

The choice is simple, mature discussion or schoolyard name calling and antagonizing.

oaklander
03-18-2010, 12:23 PM
Folks, "the troll" appears to have deeper issues than simply hoplophobia. He is not taken seriously by anyone, even in Emeryville. Please do not engage him, reply to him, email him, comment on his blog, etc. .

I have spoken to him twice, IRL.

Both times, he presented as being entirely irrational. There is simply nothing to be gained from attempting to communicate with him in any fashion.

I also urge you to avoid sending any more traffic to his blog, and especially posting comments on his blog.

Please do not post his name here, either. He craves attention. Simply put him on your ignore list and move on.

berto
To the other members-

Your claim is laughable.

Let's debate E-ville's ordinance. Follow the forum's rules and your posts won't be touched. I don't expect you to play because you're only here to troll. Please prove me wrong.

Why is Emeryville's ordinance a good idea? How will it make Emeryville safer? Is Emeryville really plagued by gun violence or is there something else at play? You've lived in Emeryville for a long time. You attend council meetings. Bring something to the discussion here. Or punt and keep trolling. Your call.

NorCalMama

I would say that arms, in the literal sense differ greatly from military style weapons and WMDs.... some like to use this cynical argument to somehow debunk our Right to keep and bear arms, it's pitiful at best. :) Cute try though! lol

And yes, at the wise advise of Oaklander, I'm not engaging in any further discussions with the troll.

squompois
03-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Your moderator is doing you a service. He's sanitizing comments so you can feel more comfortable. He only has your concerns at heart. It's bad to feel bad, so he's protecting you.

jdberger
03-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Right.

That's why the mods let the above comment stand....

:rolleyes:

Kestryll
03-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Folks, "the troll" appears to have deeper issues than simply hoplophobia. He is not taken seriously by anyone, even in Emeryville. Please do not engage him, reply to him, email him, comment on his blog, etc. .

I have spoken to him twice, IRL.

Both times, he presented as being entirely irrational. There is simply nothing to be gained from attempting to communicate with him in any fashion.

I also urge you to avoid sending any more traffic to his blog, and especially posting comments on his blog.

Please do not post his name here, either. He craves attention. Simply put him on your ignore list and move on.

Too true, but it is kind of relaxing to engage on the forum without having to think..

Most here present a good argument and make you work for it, this time I was able to deal with this AND finish a Joint Ops Advanced Warfare 2 map here at work at the same time!

Some days I just love my job! :D

squompois
03-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Your claim is laughable.

Let's debate E-ville's ordinance. Follow the forum's rules and your posts won't be touched. I don't expect you to play because you're only here to troll. Please prove me wrong.

Why is Emeryville's ordinance a good idea? How will it make Emeryville safer? Is Emeryville really plagued by gun violence or is there something else at play? You've lived in Emeryville for a long time. You attend council meetings. Bring something to the discussion here. Or punt and keep trolling. Your call.

Perhaps you should discuss this with your moderator.

duane_black
03-18-2010, 12:32 PM
I would love to hear the answers to Bertos questions. I quoted them in case you missed them.

Your claim is laughable.

squompois
03-18-2010, 12:33 PM
Boy, I'd love to be so assured of my correctness as some here are. It must feel...powerful. To have no grey or nuance..only good and evil...it's so reassuring.

squompois
03-18-2010, 12:34 PM
I'd love to have a moderator for my life. Someone to watch over me and protect me. I'm sort of envious, guys.

squompois
03-18-2010, 12:36 PM
Your claim is laughable.

Not possible to answer. Not up to me.

jdberger
03-18-2010, 12:36 PM

berto
03-18-2010, 12:38 PM
Perhaps you should discuss this with your moderator.

I have faith the mod is on the up and up. I've been a member of t/his forum for years. We disagree on some issues, we agree on others. He has my trust.

You've yet to post anything of substance and quite frankly I'm getting bored. You're not interesting or entertaining.

Yet you spoke in favor of the ordinance Tuesday night. It can't be blind faith in the City Council. Why did you publically voice your support for the ordinance? Why is it a good idea? How will it make Emeryville safer? Is Emeryville really plagued by gun violence or is there something else at play?

glockfu
03-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Just ban him now... the only voice he listens to are the strange ones in his head

I'm curious as to how Darwin missed this guy

NorCalMama
03-18-2010, 12:47 PM
Too true, but it is kind of relaxing to engage on the forum without having to think..

Most here present a good argument and make you work for it, this time I was able to deal with this AND finish a Joint Ops Advanced Warfare 2 map here at work at the same time!

Some days I just love my job! :D

lol, sorry for being a ding bat, but what's "a Joint Ops Advanced Warfare 2 map"

Speaking of multi tasking, I'm watching Jon and Kate Plus 8 while typing on here... and rangling kids. Yeah, my life is exciting. :rolleyes:

squompois
03-18-2010, 12:49 PM
Just ban him now... the only voice he listens to are the strange ones in his head

I'm curious as to how Darwin missed this guy

Boy, Stalin knew how to take care of this kind of thing...erasure. It looks like this guy is on to something.

jdberger
03-18-2010, 12:49 PM
Hey watch this! I'll post LCAV's arguments for the measure and we'll see if they're moderated. I'll bet dollars to donuts that's better than anything BeeDee can come up with (though he might try to reprise his assertion that background checks and fingerprints are required for purchases from mattress stores)

Whereas, California is among a minoritt' of states that impose licensing requirements on firearms
dealers, but the standards are minimal,I

I guess (http://law.onecle.com/california/penal/12070.html) minimal (http://law.onecle.com/california/penal/12071.html) is a matter of perspective.

Whereas, between 1975 and 2005, ATF revoked, on average, fewer than 20 federal firearms
Il·censes per year,

Sounds to me that the FFLs are, as a vast majority, complying with the law.

Whereas, ATF faces numerous obstacles that limit its ability to enforce the law; for example,
ATF may conduct only one unannounced inspection of each FFL per year, the burden of proof
for ATF's prosecution and revocation of licenses is extremely high, serious violations of firearms
law have been classified as misdemeanors rather than fdonies, and ATF has historically been
grossly understaffed,8

Federal Law Enforcement Agents have to comply with the 4th Amendment? Who knew....?

Want more?

Or perhaps, BeeDee - you can give us your objections?

IGOTDIRT4U
03-18-2010, 12:51 PM

Then why go to the meetings and speak up at all? Your actions belie your answer above.

putput
03-18-2010, 12:51 PM
Inspired by recent events in Emeryville and by trolls on this board, I’ve donated another $10 via Gunpal to the Server Fund and got myself another chance to win a Daniel Defense M4 Carbine OLL rifle!

Foulball
03-18-2010, 12:58 PM
The choice is simple, mature discussion or schoolyard name calling and antagonizing.

Kes, methinks the part in bold is just not going to be rationally possible.

berto
03-18-2010, 1:04 PM
Brian,

You seem to care a lot about what goes on in E-ville. You attend council meetings, you blog as a community watch dog of sorts. You ran for school board. You spoke against the ordinance. Why is it a good idea? How will it make Emeryville safer? Is Emeryville really plagued by gun violence or is there something else at play?

It seems you only support the ordinance because we oppose it and we don't live in Emeryville. Your city is on notice it will be sued. How can you support your city spending $10,000 defending an ordinance you have no real argument in favor of? Wouldn't $10k be better spent on library books, a music program in the schools, or vocational training for non college bound kids?

IGOTDIRT4U
03-18-2010, 1:12 PM
Please note the above post is coming from a resident of an adjacent city with similar philosophies. That would seem to hold some water.

jdberger
03-18-2010, 1:26 PM
Brian,

You seem to care a lot about what goes on in E-ville. You attend council meetings, you blog as a community watch dog of sorts. You ran for school board. You spoke against the ordinance. Why is it a good idea? How will it make Emeryville safer? Is Emeryville really plagued by gun violence or is there something else at play?

It seems you only support the ordinance because we oppose it and we don't live in Emeryville. Your city is on notice it will be sued. How can you support your city spending $10,000 defending an ordinance you have no real argument in favor of? Wouldn't $10k be better spent on library books, a music program in the schools, or vocational training for non college bound kids?

The $10k amount is misleading. Litigation insurance doesn't cover willful violations of civil rights, especially when the Defendant was properly notified by legal counsel (see C. Michel's letter).

berto
03-18-2010, 1:56 PM
The $10k amount is misleading. Litigation insurance doesn't cover willful violations of civil rights, especially when the Defendant was properly notified by legal counsel (see C. Michel's letter).

Even better. E-ville can't possibly justify wasting $10k on a windmill tilt so a larger sum should be questioned even more by a gadfly with a blog.

jdberger
03-18-2010, 2:09 PM
Maybe this will help the gadfly...

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/5484/guraanimate1.gif

sierratangofoxtrotunion
03-18-2010, 2:22 PM
Boy, Stalin knew how to take care of this kind of thing...erasure. It looks like this guy is on to something.

I have an idea: if you have anything of actual substance to say, post it here plus also PM it to me. In fact, PM me with every single post you make. I'll see what posts stay and what posts get censored. You'll have a 3rd party monitoring the full discussion. I'm really going out of my way to invite you to engage in productive dialogue here. If you have something legitimate to say, let's hear it.

Glock22Fan
03-18-2010, 2:25 PM
For those who don't know Brian he's some guy with a blog who feels we are all evil gun owners out to kill puppies.

At least that's what I'm getting out of his blog: (deleted)

It is your forum, Kes, but I thought the concensus was that we weren't going to ratify his blog by posting links or visiting it? Are you suggesting otherwise?

curtisfong
03-18-2010, 2:27 PM
I wonder what would happen if people who disagree with him post on his blog? Will those posts be deleted?

bwiese
03-18-2010, 2:29 PM
Maybe this will help the gadfly...

I think Chuck'll get there first on this issue in this locale.

Alan's busy arranging the size of payment from the widows & orphans, etc. in DC.

Foulball
03-18-2010, 2:30 PM
I wonder what would happen if people who disagree with him post on his blog? Will those posts be deleted?

No they aren't deleted. But this site is not a blog. It is a forum, one with rules against trolling. He has been asked questions and refuses to answer them. That is trolling.

wash
03-18-2010, 2:47 PM
It should be noted that some of us do live in Emeryville.

If he can't say anything good about the ordinance, why is he so anxious for Emeryville to adopt LCAV's agenda and pay their freight.

LCAV doesn't care about Emeryville at all, that's just where they are trying out their bans.

I wish people would actually look at the statistics and decide if they want the increased violent crime that goes along with gun control. Instead we've got politicians that want to look like they are actually doing something or they have other reasons for wanting a ban...

Kestryll
03-18-2010, 2:48 PM
It is your forum, Kes, but I thought the concensus was that we weren't going to ratify his blog by posting links or visiting it? Are you suggesting otherwise?

Eeehh... that was posted prior to deciding he's not worth the effort.

vrand
03-18-2010, 2:51 PM

:rofl2:

Made my afternoon :)

jdberger
03-18-2010, 3:27 PM
It should be noted that some of us do live in Emeryville.

If he can't say anything good about the ordinance, why is he so anxious for Emeryville to adopt LCAV's agenda and pay their freight.

LCAV doesn't care about Emeryville at all, that's just where they are trying out their bans.

I wish people would actually look at the statistics and decide if they want the increased violent crime that goes along with gun control. Instead we've got politicians that want to look like they are actually doing something or they have other reasons for wanting a ban...

I wish people would look at LCAV's win/loss ratio before they decided to follow their inane "model ordinances".

At McDonald, when Chicago's lawyer, James Feldman, started with the arguments in LCAV's amicus, the Justices actually laughed at him.

LCAV's advice in DC v. Heller cost them $3.5 million.
LCAV's advice in Fiscal v. SF cost them about $1 million.

...and if, as hinted (and previously ruled), the 9th Circuit rules for incorporation in Nordyke, Alameda County will owe 10 years worth of legal bills to the Plaintiffs.

LCAV strikes out again.

Interestingly, on the first page of LCAV's Model Law Regulating Firearms Dealers, etc., it states: "This report and model law do not offer, and are not intended to constitute, legal advice."

LCAV might imply that they're counsel for the Cities - but they're not. If they were honest with them, they'd make that abundantly clear to the City Councilmembers.

GuyW
03-18-2010, 10:27 PM

Gol' dang it - someone stepped in something and tracked it in....

GuyW
03-18-2010, 10:32 PM

Yep - they just start with the easy, feeble-minded locations...

shinigami
03-19-2010, 9:51 AM
Wow, I'm so out of the loop that I didn't know this was happening right under my nose. I live in Emeryville and my next door neighbor (literally) is the Emeryville Civic Center. I haven't been back in Calguns for god knows how long (work got the better of me) so don't know what's going on right now.

If you guys and gals are coming in on April 6th, come by my studio for some coffee before the main event.

Let me know, would love to finally get to meet fellow calgunners.

Jomar

Doug L
03-19-2010, 10:14 AM
Folks, "the troll" appears to have deeper issues than simply hoplophobia. He is not taken seriously by anyone, even in Emeryville. Please do not engage him, reply to him, email him, comment on his blog, etc...

...Both times, he presented as being entirely irrational...

Excellent advice.

Just once, though, it would be interesting to witness a left-wing looney debating a subject on the substance of the issue, instead of on the phantom images in their unstructured minds---would be sort of like a coherent left-wing looney---but, wait, what am I saying, if they were coherent, then they could no longer be left-wing loonies.

bigcalidave
03-19-2010, 11:56 PM
Ha Ha HA !!!

That's excellent! Is it gonna be official?

jdberger
03-25-2010, 9:18 AM
Well, sometimes it's amazing what you can find with a little looking.

From a 2007 article by the Emeryville Chamber of Commerce:

Police Chief Helps Lobby for Stricter Gun Law (http://www.emeryvilleconnection.com/news/october-2007/police-chief-helps-lobby-for-stricter-gun-law)

Emeryville Police Chief Ken James was appointed by the California Police Chief’s Association to represent it on various gun control bills being considered by the State Legislature, and the Chief came through. He was instrumental in getting an Assembly bill passed that will make it easier for enforcement agencies to get investigative leads on violent gun related crimes. The bill is currently awaiting Governor Schwarzenegger’s signature. Chief James met with various legislators, the National Rifle Association (NRA), worked with the Brady Campaign for Gun Control, lobbyists, and other parties in supporting this legislation. This was a significant accomplishment for Chief James, considering the obstacles put up by gun rights activists and the NRA.

The California Police Chiefs Association endorsed the Crime Gun Identification Act of 2007, AB 1471, that will provide investigative leads in violent gun crimes. Firearm identification from evidence left at the scene of a gun crime is essential to the successful investigation and prosecution of the crime. Applying “micro stamping” technology to semi-automatic handguns will allow detectives to identify the make, model and serial number of the gun from shell casings left at the crime scene. Comparing this information with the Dealer Record of Sale database will provide detectives with the owner of the weapon. In addition to the identification of the crime gun itself, the micro stamping will provide law enforcement with the tools to combat the illegal trafficking of firearms, as well as identifying gun trafficking channels. The new law will provide law enforcement agencies the tools they need to solve violent gun crimes and combat gun violence.

For additional information, contact the Emeryville Police Department at 510-596-3700.

So - who is this California Police Chief’s Association?

Anyone interested in doing a little research? I wonder if they'd be subject to a PRAR?

boxbro
03-25-2010, 9:39 AM
So - who is this California Police Chief’s Association?

Anyone interested in doing a little research? I wonder if they'd be subject to a PRAR?

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=California+Police+Chief%E2%80%99s+Association

jdberger
03-25-2010, 9:51 AM
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=California+Police+Chief%E2%80%99s+Association

Thanks, Sugar.

So - while I'm Googling that - do you think you can take over the LCAV chart I'm working on, the C3 tasks, the proposed Chabot Shoot-n-Que and the City Council Prophylactic Packet?

Just let me know which one I should hand off..... ;)

obeygiant
03-25-2010, 9:57 AM
A brief intro to the California Police Chiefs’ Association:

San Mateo Police Chief is the President of CPCA (http://www.ci.sanmateo.ca.us/index.aspx?NID=659)

Chief Manheimer serves as the Acting President of the California Police Chiefs’ Association, is a Governor’s appointee to the State Advisory Group for Juvenile Justice Delinquency and Crime Prevention, and is on the Board of Fight Crime Invest in Kids California, the Peninsula Conflict Resolution Center, and the University of San Francisco Law Enforcement Leadership Institute

CPCA Officers (http://www.californiapolicechiefs.org/nav_files/officers.html)
CPCA Board Members (http://www.californiapolicechiefs.org/nav_files/board_members.html)
Board of Directors contact list (http://www.californiapolicechiefs.org/nav_files/pdfs/board_roster_2010_2011.pdf)
Committees (http://www.californiapolicechiefs.org/nav_files/standing_chairs.html)
Staff (http://www.californiapolicechiefs.org/nav_files/staff.html)
Jones & Mayer - CPCA legal counsel article on nordyke (http://www.jones-mayer.com/PublishedArticles/pa0808-possession.htm)
CPCA Events Calendar (http://www.californiapolicechiefs.org/nav_files/events/CPCAcalendar2009.pdf)

Mission Statement: (http://www.californiapolicechiefs.org/nav_files/mission_statement.html)

Our Mission...
To Provide Programs, Services, and Representation that Serves the Interest and Responsibilities of California's Municipal Police Chiefs.

Our Vision...
Our Vision is to be an effective and respected voice for all California municipal police chiefs.

Our Values...
We value home rule. We believe that local government is the closest to the people and, therefore, most responsive to the needs of citizens, that local autonomy and control of resources are essential to maintaining the sense of community.

We value professionalism. We believe that professional law enforcement and professional administration of law enforcement agencies is the best way to provide fair and effective police services.

We value responsibility. We believe that we are accountable to our communities, our governing bodies, our organizations, our associated agencies, and our profession for our conduct and the manner in which we perform our duties.

We value participation. We believe that the strength of our organization is based on the participation and contributions of each of our members towards achieving our common goals.

We value progress. We believe that continual advancement of the science and art of police administration community oriented policing and problem solving and crime prevention is essential to meeting the ever-changing conditions of society and is worthy of the commitment of the resources necessary to achieve it.

They appear to be a member of Cops West conference which has NRA programs listed on the site here (http://www.copswest.com/)

CPCA Conference site can be found here (http://www.cpcaconference.com/)

The CPCA is the California chapter of the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP)

IACP Home Page (http://www.theiacp.org/)

Mission Statement (http://www.theiacp.org/About/Mission/tabid/77/Default.aspx)

The IACP shall advance professional police services; promote enhanced administrative, technical, and operational police practices; foster cooperation and the exchange of information and experience among police leaders and police organizations of recognized professional and technical standing throughout the world.

We shall champion the recruitment and training of qualified persons in the police profession and encourage all police personnel worldwide to achieve and maintain the highest standards of ethics, integrity, community interaction and professional conduct.

ETA: it would be interesting to get a copy of the IACP model policies located here (http://www.theiacp.org/tabid/487/Default.aspx)

LCAV search of IACP can be found here (http://www.theiacp.org/zoomsearch/search.asp?zoom_query=%22legal+community+against+v iolence%22&zoom_cat=0)

LCAV search of CPCA returned no results. :)

jdberger
03-25-2010, 10:25 AM
Obeygiant - just a little too much awesomeness...

So - CPCA is a private organization not subject to PRAR - but do you think it would be worth it to PRAR the email records of local Cheifs of Police to see how they are working with them? We know that IACP is in the pocket of the Bradys. It would be interesting to see how they are strategically coordinating with Brady and LCAV - and if they're doing it with company funds.

Also - LCAV and part of Brady Campaign are both 501(c)3 organizations. It might be fun to mine the communications for violations.

Anyone with PRAR experience want to chime in?

bwiese
03-25-2010, 10:45 AM
Also - LCAV and part of Brady Campaign are both 501(c)3 organizations. It might be fun to mine the communications for violations.

Anyone with PRAR experience want to chime in?

Talk to Oak. He's the PRAR expert.

boxbro
03-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Thanks, Sugar.

So - while I'm Googling that - do you think you can take over the LCAV chart I'm working on, the C3 tasks, the proposed Chabot Shoot-n-Que and the City Council Prophylactic Packet?

Just let me know which one I should hand off..... ;)

Unless I can do those using Google, I am probably not much help. :o
Anyways, It was just a friendly tease.
If you took offense, I apologize.
I know you are a frequent and large contributor around here and it's definitely appreciated. :)

jdberger
03-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Unless I can do those using Google, I am probably not much help. :o
Anyways, It was just a friendly tease.
If you took offense, I apologize.
I know you are a frequent and large contributor around here and it's definitely appreciated. :)

I did take offense - and I should relax a bit. Jet Fuel coffee increases my efficiency, but impairs my diplomatic skills.

You can do that using Google - just follow your nose. I expect a summary by COB today. :)

GuyW
03-25-2010, 12:03 PM
A brief intro to the California Police Chiefs’ Association:

Not one word about the Constitution.....

GuyW
03-25-2010, 12:13 PM
Obeygiant - just a little too much awesomeness...

So - CPCA is a private organization not subject to PRAR

But 100% funded with public money....

jdberger
03-25-2010, 12:17 PM
But 100% funded with public money....

Ah... a crack - more more more!

boxbro
03-25-2010, 12:32 PM
I did take offense - and I should relax a bit. Jet Fuel coffee increases my efficiency, but impairs my diplomatic skills.

You can do that using Google - just follow your nose. I expect a summary by COB today. :)

I can't find any in stock, will a picture suffice for now ?
http://www.d-c-militaria.be/pages/US/foto%27s/equipment/Pro%20kit.JPG

N6ATF
03-25-2010, 1:02 PM
Not one word about the Constitution.....

Because if they were open and honest, it would say:
"Violate the Constitution 24/7/365."

Currently it's just a lie by omission.