PDA

View Full Version : Pro 2nd Amendment Candidate for 59th Assembly district

RomanDad
03-17-2010, 2:06 PM
Corey Calaycay is running for the 59th Assembly district.... (I believe this is the seat formerly held by Anthony Adams). The seat encompasses parts of Los Angeles County:

Arcadia, Bradbury, Claremont, Duarte, Glendora, La Crescenta-Montrose, La Verne, Monrovia, San Dimas, Sierra Madre;

and parts of San Bernardino County:

Apple Valley, Crestline, Hesperia, Highland, Lake Arrowhead, Mentone, Redlands, San Bernardino.

I've known Corey for 25 years now. I went to High School with him and hes a good, smart guy.

But more importantly, I called him earlier this week and asked him what his stance is on 2nd amendment issues. We talked for 45 minutes straight, and I can say right now without equivocation.... HE'S THE REAL DEAL. He believes the 2nd amendment ULTIMATELY stands for the proposition that the people NEED to be armed to throw off government if necessary. I talked to him about issues of self defense, ccw, AW, AB962, etc... and he is as pro 2nd amendment as anybody... And more than that, on NEW issues that may arise, hes not only willing, BUT EAGER to listen to and support our side.

EVERY SEAT on these issues is VITAL, and this is one we need.

http://www.calaycayforassembly.com/c/index.html

bwiese
03-17-2010, 2:17 PM
Romandad...

Glad you vetted him, I trust your sensibilities.

He looks good and appears not to be your typcial SoCal White Male Republican - which can be of appeal in his district.

Tell him to STFU about "choice" and any religion-type issues and focus just on taxes, bad gov't and making schools functional and he can win a few soccer moms too.

We need a lot more guys like this.

Shotgun Man
03-17-2010, 2:19 PM
Is the seat up for grabs?

IGOTDIRT4U
03-17-2010, 2:20 PM
Just for the record, the 59th district is not in Roman Dad's area, so he has no reason to stump for Corey other than the fact he really does know inside info.

And, since I now RD, if RD says he is good to go, I'll throw my support behind him by spreading the word, too.

RomanDad
03-17-2010, 4:04 PM
Just for the record, the 59th district is not in Roman Dad's area, so he has no reason to stump for Corey other than the fact he really does know inside info.

And, since I now RD, if RD says he is good to go, I'll throw my support behind him by spreading the word, too.

Correct.... He wont be representing me if he wins, and Im not in any way associated with his campaign.

And yes... The seat will be open. Anthony Adams has chosen not to run again (in the face of a recall campaign).