PDA

View Full Version : CAFR (California Association of Firearms Retailers) - Do They Have a Website?

oaklander
03-17-2010, 2:41 PM
I was trying to find out how many members they had, but could not find their website.

ETA: found it - it was on page 2 of Google.

http://calafr.com/

According to my list from the ATF, there are quite a few more FFLs in California than appear on the CAFR website.

383green
03-17-2010, 4:11 PM
Page 2?! Nobody looks on page 2! :p

oaklander
03-17-2010, 4:17 PM
Page 2 is teh FAIL.

Page 2?! Nobody looks on page 2! :p

Hunter158
03-17-2010, 4:31 PM
According to my list from the ATF, there are quite a few more FFLs in California than appear on the CAFR website.

A good number of those listed are Sports Authorities. In this area they don't sell guns.

My personal perception only, but in the meeting at the SHOT show, the leaders were resigned to accept 922. No point in even trying to have it overthrown or to fight it. Seemed like they were very willing to trade away our rights.

Oh, and FWIW, the lead characters (national) worked all kinds of lobbyist roles... Many different clients if you will. And seemed willing to trade favors from one, in favor of another. There was a perception there was not a whole lot of ethics in that group.

oaklander
03-17-2010, 4:47 PM
That may be why only about ONE PERCENT of the CA FFLs are members?

They do not seem to carry much weight if they only represent about 20 out of the 2000 CA FFLs. . .

Just sayin'

;)

Maybe a CAFR member will chime in and correct me????

A good number of those listed are Sports Authorities. In this area they don't sell guns.

My personal perception only, but in the meeting at the SHOT show, the leaders were resigned to accept 922. No point in even trying to have it overthrown or to fight it. Seemed like they were very willing to trade away our rights.

Oh, and FWIW, the lead characters (national) worked all kinds of lobbyist roles... Many different clients if you will. And seemed willing to trade favors from one, in favor of another. There was a perception there was not a whole lot of ethics in that group.