PDA

View Full Version : Del-ton LPK?

wuhungsix
02-05-2006, 2:02 AM
how is the quality? They seem like a good price at $52.50. Is this kit made by them?

wuhungsix
02-05-2006, 3:20 AM
well I did some reading and they seem to be DPMS(per Gunner1's post) which I am kinda trying to avoid.

Jicko
02-05-2006, 9:08 AM
Go get a quality kit from either STAG or RRA. They are like $60. Why try safe that a couple of bucks?

Gunner1
02-05-2006, 11:23 AM
The Delton LPK's are from DPMS. I did have a few problems on two out of five LPK's. The problems were the safety levers were oversized to the point that they would not fit in the lower receivers. The hammers looked like they were spray painted. They actually were, I bead blasted one very lightly and the paint came off. A nicely parkerized hammer was underneath the paint.
I have no idea why they were painted. Additional corrosion protection maybe.
Betty at Delton took care of the problems immediately and sent replacement parts same day. I shouldnt say it but they also included a "sorry for your troubles" gift that blew me away. I have five completed rifles with Delton parts,Six with M&A and an Armalite. All work great. My next kit that I order will be a Stag from Wes for some variety.
So far I have about 100 rounds out of each rifle to make sure they function. all are good to go.

Gunner

wuhungsix
02-05-2006, 4:44 PM
Go get a quality kit from either STAG or RRA. They are like $60. Why try safe that a couple of bucks?

Well I kind of wanted to get a full rifle kit which comes with everything except for the stripped lower from them and they had a great price on it as well.

Gunner1- yes I read your post regarding the A+ customer service which is also part of the reason why I want to buy from them, but just worried about the LPK kit that it comes with. I dont really want to replace it later becasue I had problems with it. I guess it will be just hit and miss.

Was also thinking about buying the full kit from J&T since they have an option of a fluted barrel which I want as well. What about J&T's LPK? Are they made in house or by someone else?

Jicko
02-05-2006, 5:15 PM
Well I kind of wanted to get a full rifle kit which comes with everything except for the stripped lower from them and they had a great price on it as well.

RRA had one of the BEST priced kit(I think you HAVE to go thru RRA direct, they don't even offer this kit to the dealers). It may not be the most flexible in terms of options, but $660 for EVERYTHING but the "lower receiver"..... and you will get a 16" M4 profile Chrome-lined barrel, RRA LPK with 2-STAGE NM Trigger (a $110 upgrade), 6pos Tactical CAR Stock, and EVEN 1 magazine!!!!

http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=AR4001&storeid=1&image=kcara4.gif&CFID=6857263&CFTOKEN=63490680

Gunner1
02-05-2006, 5:30 PM
I really would not worry too much about Deltons parts kits. Other than the few bad parts everything has been great. The lpks and an out of spec bolt carrier key are the only problems I have had with Delton. The parts that were out of spec were made by DPMS. The balance of the rifle kits have been great. My favorite of the all is the M4 kit I bought that I went all out on, flat top m4 cuts,chrome lined bbl,Chrome bolt carrier assembly,VLTOR modstock and an EOTECH 552. I have about 400 rounds through this one. Ten rounds at a time.:p

Gunner

wuhungsix
02-06-2006, 12:46 AM
RRA had one of the BEST priced kit(I think you HAVE to go thru RRA direct, they don't even offer this kit to the dealers). It may not be the most flexible in terms of options, but $660 for EVERYTHING but the "lower receiver"..... and you will get a 16" M4 profile Chrome-lined barrel, RRA LPK with 2-STAGE NM Trigger (a $110 upgrade), 6pos Tactical CAR Stock, and EVEN 1 magazine!!!!

http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=AR4001&storeid=1&image=kcara4.gif&CFID=6857263&CFTOKEN=63490680

That RRA kit is just about all I want on my lower, but Im not sure if i need or want the 2-stage trigger. The kit I priced together of of Del-ton was $505: M4 flat-top, lpk(DPMS:( ), 6pos car stock, crome-lined wilson barrel, phantom flash surpressor, everything else standard, no mag.

Which of the two kits would you say match a Superior Arms lower? I dont have any other lowers to compare color.

Things I like about Del-ton kit: I get an upgraded flash sup. and could add a rear BUIS or a detach carry handle for less than RRA set up. Also get to choose color of furniture.

Things I like about RRA kit: peace of mind with qaulity LPK parts. But do I really need a 2-stage trigger for my first AR with the sheer purpose of burning up ammo in the back woods.

Gunner1
02-06-2006, 9:33 AM
I have a Delton kit on a superior lower. They appear as though they were finished together. As for the RRA 2 stage triggger. I would think it would be nice to have but not really needed. Personally I would rather spend the money on a ARMS #40 rear sight. I have the 40 and the 40L. If I were doing it over I would just buy the #40. The larger knobs make for easier adjustment and I think they look better.
I hope you enjoy your "Category 4 non assault weapon, assault weapon" I sure hope we can get the DOJ to get there heads on straight.

Gunner