PDA

View Full Version : C&R clause.

eighteenninetytwo
03-16-2010, 3:23 PM
Within 30 days after approval of application the busines swill comply with the requirements of state and local law applicable to the conduct of business.

Doens't sound too bad EXCPET that I live in San Francisco. Anyone else out there in SF with a C&R that can tell me what these state and local laws are??

DRH
03-16-2010, 4:01 PM
The C&R license does not allow you to operate as a business with regards to firearms. It is solely for collectors to aquire their personal collection of firearms. Other state and local regulations would be required for a FFL to sell firearms not a C&R license.

eighteenninetytwo
03-16-2010, 4:19 PM
Unserstand that - so why does the application state this then?

ke6guj
03-16-2010, 4:21 PM
I dunno why the app states that, maybe it is a carry over from the regular FFL app and they didnt reword it to better fit the C&R FFL app. I took it as meaning tht you would follow the rules, if any, that the city and state may place upon a C&R FFL collector.

taloft
03-16-2010, 4:42 PM
Not all states have the same laws regarding collectors. The application is designed for National coverage. In our case it is a holdover from this:

12083. Copy of license supplied by licensee
to Department of Justice; costs of implementation.
(a) A person who is licensed as a dealer, importer,
manufacturer, or collector of firearms,
pursuant to Chapter 44 (commencing with Section
921) of Title 18 of the United States Code
and the regulations issued pursuant thereto, and
whose licensed premises are within this state,
shall, within 30 days of the date of issuance of
the license, provide a copy of the license with an
original signature of the licensee to the Department
of Justice in a manner to be determined by
the department. If the date of issuance of the license
is prior to January 1, 2004, the person
shall provide a copy of the license with the original
signature to the department no later than
February 1, 2004.

Back then you had to submit a signed copy of your FFL03 to the Cal DOJ for their files. This was amended in 2008 and no longer applies to FFL03's. Now it strictly applies to dealers, importers, and manufacturers in California. You can read the Amended law here. (http://law.onecle.com/california/penal/12083.html) Stores have to get their business licenses, inspections, permits, etc. This is just the Feds saying your business needs to be in compliance within 30 days. Since you're not running a business, you have no worries.

dfletcher
03-17-2010, 9:35 AM
Within 30 days after approval of application the busines swill comply with the requirements of state and local law applicable to the conduct of business.

Doens't sound too bad EXCPET that I live in San Francisco. Anyone else out there in SF with a C&R that can tell me what these state and local laws are??

I'm in SF, there are I'm sure many others, and have had the C & R for about 15 years. SF has no say in C & R approval matters, you're just collecting and not engaging in the business. Complete the form, drop off a copy @ 850 Bryant St - I slipped mine under the Chief's door - and you're done regarding the locals. Again, the Chief has no say in the application process (unless you're in the middle of some dastardly criminal action, I presume they'd notify ATF) you are informing, not asking his OK.