PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if this belongs here (Freakshow Ammo Group Buy)

cntrolsguy
03-16-2010, 2:05 PM
Ok so I am one of the UNLUCKY ones that did get a shipment of ammo. Why do I consider myself UNLUCKY you ask? Great question, on a quick inspection out of about 20 rounds:

6 of them did not have the primers seated correctly and were actually stick out quite a ridiculously bit!

upon check the ones that appeared ok when shaken by you ear I could not hear or feal the powder! Don't know if it did not have any powder or possibly Double charge.

Well you are probably going to say why don't you weigh them, well that would be a great Idea if he didn't use what appear to be several different style bullets. Looks like I will have to pull all this crap apart!

What a CLOWN!!!!! :mad:

So if you were 1 of the unlucky ones as well pay special attention to this ammo before you try to use it!

zman
03-16-2010, 2:39 PM
Huh! Definitely not good. Thanks for warning fellow members.

audihenry
03-16-2010, 2:55 PM
Isn't that guy on CalGuns?

Spaceghost
03-16-2010, 2:56 PM
Damn, hasn't that tool been perma banned?

G-Man WC
03-16-2010, 2:59 PM
Wow, just wow! cntrolsguy, sorry to hear about this new goat rodeo,
the FS saga continues.
I'm wondering if ammo is still being made for his local LEO's or claimed and it's quality?
I just wanted my money back before someone on one of the boards snaps and took a plane trip to visit Adam.
At this point I'm done being upset and worring about it. I now don't believe I'll be getting it back. I see those with order numbers three times higher than me that paid with Gunpal got a refund. I blame myself for trusting someone and sending them a check on there word. -g

cntrolsguy
03-16-2010, 3:04 PM
Wow, Sorry to hear G-man. I guess I should not complain at least I got some components out of it. It just irks the crap out of me that some JERK would put this crap out in the market not giving a dam about the people's personal property or health with this Dangerous crap!:mad:

kermit315
03-16-2010, 3:07 PM
any word if anybody else that bought ammo from him had any problems?

Hozr
03-16-2010, 3:23 PM
Not saying he would respond if you tried but did you make him aware of these issues? Sorry for your hassles man.

Side note, wouldn't selling unsafe ammo be against some sort of law or regulation. Especially for an FFL?

glock_this
03-16-2010, 3:33 PM
not shocked 1 single bit. This was even raised early on as a potential outcome for those that did get ammo given how he handles his business. Thank God I bailed out early on in that fiasco. Sorry about your luck, but I would not even try to deal with him.. count it up as a loss as the chances of getting him to square that away are.. well, not calculable.

kermit315
03-16-2010, 3:47 PM
on a side note, he hasnt logged in since 03MAR....dont know if you have any contact info on him besides calguns, but you might want to give it a try if you do.

cntrolsguy
03-16-2010, 3:49 PM
not shocked 1 single bit. This was even raised early on as a potential outcome for those that did get ammo given how he handles his business. Thank God I bailed out early on in that fiasco. Sorry about your luck, but I would not even try to deal with him.. count it up as a loss as the chances of getting him to square that away are.. well, not calculable.

I could not agree with you more, I am done with that turd. On I side Note I do love the way the "Westside Fingers" Glock Slide Cover Plates (http://westsideglockslideplates.com/) look on my Glock! :)

Dirtbiker
03-16-2010, 4:01 PM
I never had any dealings with him. After seeing several threads where he mismanaged multiple Calgunners purchases I'm glad I never bought any of his stuff.

Too bad, but how much bad luck can one guy have? Sometimes you make your own luck.

Voo
03-16-2010, 5:03 PM
I dont' think he meant to sell dangerous ammo, but i woudlnt be surprised if his quality control system was just him checking every few thousand rounds..

Honestly, buying ammo from someone like that is a HUGE risk... Being cheap doesnt pay sometimes.. Sorry to hear it didnt work out for you..

Maybe this will be enough reason to suspend his commercial operations here on Calguns?

Ding126
03-16-2010, 6:52 PM
I see him on AR15.com

Peter W Bush
03-16-2010, 7:02 PM
I see him on AR15.com

Maybe you should warn them...

Ding126
03-16-2010, 7:12 PM
Maybe you should warn them...

I have no involvement with him so anything I say would not be here say..............or slander

cntrolsguy
03-16-2010, 7:17 PM
I will start a new thread over there.

Peter W Bush
03-16-2010, 7:25 PM
I have no involvement with him so anything I say would not be here say..............or slander

Just post a link to his .223 for sale thread.

Ding126
03-16-2010, 7:27 PM
if you google freakshow10mm you will see all the places/forums he has posted.

cntrolsguy
03-16-2010, 8:04 PM
Just post a link to his .223 for sale thread.

Just posted a link on arfcom.

lehn20
03-16-2010, 9:53 PM
It boggles my mind that people keep taking chances to save a few bucks.
FREAKS performance records (or lack therof) are a mile long/

Wise up people

barrykay
03-16-2010, 10:02 PM
It boggles my mind that people keep taking chances to save a few bucks.
FREAKS performance records (or lack therof) are a mile long/

Wise up people

DITO: Why the head janitor has not bounced this clown (Adam Freekshow)is beyond me.:mad:

audihenry
03-16-2010, 11:17 PM
And to think this guy was referred as a middleman FFL. Thank god he never returned any of my emails...

radioburning
03-16-2010, 11:39 PM
So glad I didn't get in on that buy. Sorry to hear about even more B.S. from this guy.

Gio
03-17-2010, 12:09 AM
Damn man, sucks to hear bro. Glad Ben and the crew over at Gunpal fought for me and others to get me a Refund. I would not take it so lightly if i would have received unsafe ammo like that. There has to be some kind of FFL Complaint that can be filed for putting out crap like that.

-Gio

technique
03-17-2010, 7:19 AM
I just checked my ammo, I have not fired any yet. I will today at work.
Out of the 100qty. I did check, 2 had high primers but we're talking a c-hair.

I can't hear powder, but I don't have any other .45 to check it against. All looks well for me though. I was not part of the group buy though.

Geo
03-17-2010, 7:26 AM
I've called the ATF to complain about Adam and have his FFL pulled.

paul0660
03-17-2010, 7:26 AM
I always thought his choice of name was a clue.

MT1
03-17-2010, 12:37 PM
You know what they say?

Fool me once, shame on you -
Fool me twice, shame on......

No offence to the OP intended or anyone else that has been screwed, just saying from what I have read this guy would have a hard time managing the fry line at BK.

Did anyone ask for references as to the quality of his home-made ammo, maybe the "PD" that he supplies?

Just seems like a lot of risk for little possible reward.

Chatterbox
03-17-2010, 4:42 PM
Hrm....I do have to say, the group buy for Arsenal rifles he ran was nothing short of exemplary. Fast shipping, detailed communication - I was 100% satisfied.

cntrolsguy
03-18-2010, 2:46 PM
You know what they say?

Fool me once, shame on you -
Fool me twice, shame on......

No offence to the OP intended or anyone else that has been screwed, just saying from what I have read this guy would have a hard time managing the fry line at BK.

Did anyone ask for references as to the quality of his home-made ammo, maybe the "PD" that he supplies?

Just seems like a lot of risk for little possible reward.

No offense taken, but had I known his record I would not have dealt with him at all. It wasn't till after I sent payment that I started to realize was his record truly was and then all I could do was hang on for the ride.

Gio
03-18-2010, 2:53 PM
No offense taken, but had I known his record I would not have dealt with him at all. It wasn't till after I sent payment that I started to realize was his record truly was and then all I could do was hang on for the ride.

:iagree:

I was under the impression that this old had changed his ways and that he was a good guy to deal with after reading numerous positive replies left for him all over the forums. Unlike cntrolsguy I used GunPal and had my CC Refunded via GP and FSM. I am glad I signed up for GP, too bad Adam was not smart enough to read the Contract that GP has for Vendors otherwise I would of gotten cruddy ammo.

-Gio

Mendo223
03-18-2010, 11:46 PM
aside from freakshow is there any other gererally well known vendors who hawk subpar ammo? i bought some 223 reloads at the san jose gun show and a couple of them were pretty bad quality, caused my AR to have a serious jam never had a round get so stuck..

EBR Works
03-19-2010, 6:28 AM
I had the "pleasure" of shooting some of his .223 ammo bought by a friend. Groups at 100 yds were 8" plus out of a rifle that was normally sub MOA. I have done one transaction with FS and it was an absolute nightmare....don't even get me started. I don't understand why CalGuns still allows him to be a vendor or a member.

Backcountry
03-19-2010, 6:32 AM
Any day now Freakshow is going to come back with some kind of excuse, of how the world conspired against him, the equipment he ordered wasn't up to par, he couldn't get supplies, etc..., etc... how he has turned his life and business around and has a new business plan.

Adam is so stupid he believes his own repetative pathalogical lies.

It's unfortunate that there are so many stupid customers for him to continue to prey on.

geeknow
03-19-2010, 6:36 AM
I don't understand why CalGuns still allows him to be a vendor or a member.

an excellent question for the brain trust.

i would like to know too.

:confused:

kermit315
03-19-2010, 12:08 PM
I originally thought that kes said after he got all the original refunds done, he was shutting down his subforum. What ever happened with that?

Gio
03-19-2010, 12:12 PM
I originally thought that kes said after he got all the original refunds done, he was shutting down his subforum. What ever happened with that?

Well Adam has not refunded people from 2 years ago now so it has not been shut down. That is also why he has not been banned from here as well because he owes a lot of money to the members here and if he were to be banned he would not be able to make contact with those people.

Sucks all the way around, I am glad that there are guys like Aaron over a Triple R Munitions that take pride in their work and make decent reloads :D

-Gio

AndrewMendez
03-19-2010, 12:19 PM
I never had any dealings with him. After seeing several threads where he mismanaged multiple Calgunners purchases I'm glad I never bought any of his stuff.

Too bad, but how much bad luck can one guy have? Sometimes you make your own luck.

Running a business has nothing to do with luck.

EBR Works
03-19-2010, 12:19 PM
I am glad that there are guys like Aaron over a Triple R Munitions that take pride in their work and make decent reloads :D
-Gio

Tell me what you have bought from Aaron, please. Good quality all around?

Running a business has nothing to do with luck.

I have never told anyone my AK pistol tale of horror with Adam.....should I spill my wrath here? :(

Turbinator
03-19-2010, 5:18 PM
For those of you wondering why Freakshow is still on here, it was stated elsewhere that his account was specifically left active so that he could deal with winding down a few things that he owed some Calgunners. Once these things wrapped up, his account would be locked up.

I personally don't know where we are on his status, but I'll go ask.

Turby

EBR Works
03-19-2010, 5:33 PM
I understand the reasoning for leaving his account active. I do feel that he should be barred from doing any new business here, ever.

kermit315
03-19-2010, 6:01 PM
I understand the reasoning for leaving his account active. I do feel that he should be barred from doing any new business here, ever.

Thats generally my feeling also. Seems risk/benefit analysis isnt there to justify any new business with him.

cntrolsguy
03-19-2010, 6:25 PM

I have never told anyone my AK pistol tale of horror with Adam.....should I spill my wrath here? :(

Go for It Impacto, i wouldn't mind hearing it.

EBR Works
03-19-2010, 6:37 PM
I'm headed out to dinner with the wife. I'll post my story when we come back. It will be entertaining....

EBR Works
03-19-2010, 9:16 PM
Ok.....so early in 2009 when Adam was first doing AR/AK pistol compliance, I bought an AK pistol from GB. I had it shipped to Adam and it disappeared into a 30 day game of trying to get Adam to purchase and install a 0 round sled and JP lock. After 4 weeks of no answers, I created my own sled and bought a JP lock. I mailed it to him and he charged me $100+ to install it. About a week later I emailed him to find out if it had shipped. Several days later he responded that it had shipped and provided a tracking number. I tracked the package to the date of delivery and called my FFL to confirm that he had it. "Sorry, no package here for you" was the response. It turned out that Adam had shipped the weapon Fedex ground, uninsured, with no signature required to the wrong address. Luckily, the address was my FFL's home address. The package sat on his porch for about 6 hours in a very marginal neighborhood with the muzzle poking through the side of the inadequately reinforced box. He did not pad the box contents with anything so I had a disassembled 30 rd mag and cleaning rod sliding around in the box scratching the pistol.

I had a friend that had a similar experience but it took about 2 months to get his AK pistol.

At least we got our orders..........

Backcountry
03-19-2010, 9:34 PM
Adam = waste of space

what a loser !

lehn20
03-19-2010, 11:50 PM
Let's make sure this guy gets shot down on the other forums as well!

aplinker
03-19-2010, 11:59 PM
Oh so it's YOUR fault. :D

For those of you wondering why Freakshow is still on here, it was stated elsewhere that his account was specifically left active so that he could deal with winding down a few things that he owed some Calgunners. Once these things wrapped up, his account would be locked up.

I personally don't know where we are on his status, but I'll go ask.

Turby

cntrolsguy
03-20-2010, 12:16 AM
Let's make sure this guy gets shot down on the other forums as well!

I started a thread over on AR15.com and it was nothing but a dogpile on me for be an idiot, being from Calguns and trusting someone. I will never post on AR15 again to warn anyone!

Gio
03-20-2010, 12:32 AM

I have ordered both of his 55gr and 62gr .223 reman loads and have not had one problem with them. It seemed a bit pricey at first but it was worth it for me and he shipped out right away. All of his brass is done by mattman and is super clean and ready to be re-used w/o having to do all that work before reloading. I have my .223 parts coming in for my Dillon so I will be loading myself very soon. I love loading 9mm and I did a few sessions of .223 and got the bug for that was well now :43:

Take care, Aaron is gtg in my book :)

-Gio

Turbinator
03-20-2010, 1:01 AM
Oh so it's YOUR fault. :D

:hide:

:D

Turby

cntrolsguy
03-20-2010, 1:17 AM
:hide:

:D

Turby

Haha Turby's been outed! Dam you Turby!!! :D

EBR Works
03-20-2010, 6:09 AM
I have ordered both of his 55gr and 62gr .223 reman loads and have not had one problem with them. It seemed a bit pricey at first but it was worth it for me and he shipped out right away. All of his brass is done by mattman and is super clean and ready to be re-used w/o having to do all that work before reloading. I have my .223 parts coming in for my Dillon so I will be loading myself very soon. I love loading 9mm and I did a few sessions of .223 and got the bug for that was well now :43:

Take care, Aaron is gtg in my book :)

-Gio

Good to know. Thanks.

thedrickel
03-20-2010, 10:40 AM
Ok.....so early in 2009 when Adam was first doing AR/AK pistol compliance, I bought an AK pistol from GB. I had it shipped to Adam and it disappeared into a 30 day game of trying to get Adam to purchase and install a 0 round sled and JP lock. After 4 weeks of no answers, I created my own sled and bought a JP lock. I mailed it to him and he charged me $100+ to install it. About a week later I emailed him to find out if it had shipped. Several days later he responded that it had shipped and provided a tracking number. I tracked the package to the date of delivery and called my FFL to confirm that he had it. "Sorry, no package here for you" was the response. It turned out that Adam had shipped the weapon Fedex ground, uninsured, with no signature required to the wrong address. Luckily, the address was my FFL's home address. The package sat on his porch for about 6 hours in a very marginal neighborhood with the muzzle poking through the side of the inadequately reinforced box. He did not pad the box contents with anything so I had a disassembled 30 rd mag and cleaning rod sliding around in the box scratching the pistol.

I had a friend that had a similar experience but it took about 2 months to get his AK pistol.

At least we got our orders..........

This is nothing compared to the other guy's story, if he's teh guy I'm thinking of in LA w/ an AK pistol ordeal w/ FS.

TacFan
03-20-2010, 11:12 AM
I actually had no problems with him luckily. His turnaround time was about 2-3 days on a middleman transfer. Sorry to hear about the bad events