PDA

View Full Version : Mexican Rosy boa, and Redtail boa for sale (so cal)

bwolcott
03-15-2010, 6:08 PM
Mexican Rosy boa for sale 50$ Pick up only in Joshua tree 30 minutes north of Palm Springs. About 6 months old

Red tail boa for sale 120$ pick up only approx 5 to 6 foot and 3 years old

enclosure for redtail is also for sale for 150$ pick up it does not include stand but it has 2 built in lights one for heat the other for light has sliding glass doors with lock

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i239/brettwolcott/P1030101.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i239/brettwolcott/P1030138.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i239/brettwolcott/P1030139.jpg

bwolcott
03-16-2010, 4:36 PM
buy it also have other snakes for sale if interested?

Deal
03-16-2010, 5:03 PM
Wait a minute, you want me to drive to PS and pick up a SNAKE a real live snake and take it back with me INSIDE my truck and keep it INSIDE my home and you want me to PAY you money for this?

eek! I am admitly a girly man when it comes to snakes and I deal with them with a long handled shovel.

I assume they are all going to try to bite me and that they are all poisonous. But I am fair, I treat spiders the same way.

Good luck to you Sir, Free bump!

River Jack
03-16-2010, 5:56 PM
What locality is that snake? I breed non-native rosies, sand boas, and other exotic boas & pythons.

bwolcott
03-17-2010, 4:10 AM
What locality is that snake? I breed non-native rosies, sand boas, and other exotic boas & pythons.

its captive bred mexican rosy bought from a local breeder 6 months ago

bwolcott
03-17-2010, 4:12 AM
Wait a minute, you want me to drive to PS and pick up a SNAKE a real live snake and take it back with me INSIDE my truck and keep it INSIDE my home and you want me to PAY you money for this?

eek! I am admitly a girly man when it comes to snakes and I deal with them with a long handled shovel.

I assume they are all going to try to bite me and that they are all poisonous. But I am fair, I treat spiders the same way.

thanks for the free bump!

Deal
03-17-2010, 8:22 AM
thanks for the free bump!

Sure thing.

That said and knowing what you know about me now, I recently was forced to take my grandson to the local reptial house here in Oceanside so that he could buy small crickets for his lizard.

I checked out the turtles and lizards, staying away from the you-know-whats the best I could without looking girlish. But movement caught my eye as I saw a guy up near the register loading 1-2 foot long snakes into their display area by the handfulls. He was scooping them up with both hands and tossing them in just about as fast as he could. Once in a while one or two would start to come out and he would shove them back in real quick and closed the glass door. I sort of ignored it and we continued on with our shopping.

When it was finally time for us to check out we went up to the counter to pay and while waiting in line I hear a thump, thump, thump. I looked to my left to see at face level the case where those snakes had been tossed in.

They were p!ssed!

There must have been 30 of them and every one of them was staring at me and in the strike formation!

One, two sometime three at a time would strike the glass at my face which set off the next group and it just kept going. They kept themselves fired up and agitated and for some reason I was the one they wanted to take it out on.

As you can imagine standing next to my grandson, it was all I could do to keep the backside puckered and try to not throw the crickets and go screaming out the door like a little school girl. I must have had one of the worst night sleeping after that. All I could see was all those snakes staring at me and hitting the glass, thump, thump, thump. < shiver >

Not me. Not ever again. I will wait out in the manly man truck.

Neil McCauley
03-17-2010, 1:13 PM
^ haha free bump too.................haha again :rofl2:

Bullet
03-17-2010, 1:22 PM
Rosy Boa's are very friendly and great for kids and school. I have owned like 20 of them in the past. They are fun pets.

BigEd925
03-17-2010, 1:25 PM

You read my mind.

Good luck with the sale, but I wouldn't be able to sleep with that in my house. Im just not man enough :o

bwolcott
03-17-2010, 5:31 PM
Sure thing.

That said and knowing what you know about me now, I recently was forced to take my grandson to the local reptial house here in Oceanside so that he could buy small crickets for his lizard.

I checked out the turtles and lizards, staying away from the you-know-whats the best I could without looking girlish. But movement caught my eye as I saw a guy up near the register loading 1-2 foot long snakes into their display area by the handfulls. He was scooping them up with both hands and tossing them in just about as fast as he could. Once in a while one or two would start to come out and he would shove them back in real quick and closed the glass door. I sort of ignored it and we continued on with our shopping.

When it was finally time for us to check out we went up to the counter to pay and while waiting in line I hear a thump, thump, thump. I looked to my left to see at face level the case where those snakes had been tossed in.

They were p!ssed!

There must have been 30 of them and every one of them was staring at me and in the strike formation!

One, two sometime three at a time would strike the glass at my face which set off the next group and it just kept going. They kept themselves fired up and agitated and for some reason I was the one they wanted to take it out on.

As you can imagine standing next to my grandson, it was all I could do to keep the backside puckered and try to not throw the crickets and go screaming out the door like a little school girl. I must have had one of the worst night sleeping after that. All I could see was all those snakes staring at me and hitting the glass, thump, thump, thump. < shiver >

Not me. Not ever again. I will wait out in the manly man truck.

lol a lot of people I know are the same way but Ive liked exotic pets for years especially reptiles so Ive owned many of them and like them but my wife is pregnant so they got to go!! because my guns definately arent going anywhere!!! lol

bwolcott
03-17-2010, 5:31 PM
You read my mind.

Good luck with the sale, but I wouldn't be able to sleep with that in my house. Im just not man enough :o

oh come on you will get used to it.... thanks for the free bump!!

River Jack
03-17-2010, 7:48 PM
its captive bred mexican rosy bought from a local breeder 6 months ago

Many breeder's try to maintain locality specific bloodlines. Mexican localities such as San Felipe, San Matias, Bay of L.A., Catavina, El Rosario and others are well established in the US. The snakes from these different locations all have distinct characteristics. If the breeder didn't keep his locals pure, or provide you with locality, then it would be considered a generic "Mid Baja" rosy. The mainland boas, which are more commonly referred to as "Mexican" rosies, generally have much darker (nearly black) & much straighter stripes.

bwolcott
03-18-2010, 1:40 PM
bump

bwolcott
03-19-2010, 5:00 PM
to the top

bwolcott
03-21-2010, 2:32 PM
for sale!

bwolcott
03-23-2010, 4:53 AM
bump

bwolcott
03-24-2010, 6:37 PM
bump

Deal
03-24-2010, 7:45 PM
Doesn't seem like much of a lock for the big snake, just sayin'

Also would'nt it be a good idea to have that safety glass with the wire embedded in it?

blackbox
03-24-2010, 9:51 PM
might try listing on redtailboa.net too

bwolcott
03-25-2010, 7:06 PM
Doesn't seem like much of a lock for the big snake, just sayin'

he couldnt get out of that even without a lock

Also would'nt it be a good idea to have that safety glass with the wire embedded in it?

not needed lol

bwolcott
03-25-2010, 7:06 PM
might try listing on redtailboa.net too

thanks ill try that

Deal
03-28-2010, 12:25 AM
Maybe I owe you a free bump.

Someone please buy these snakes and take them out of state.

East coast prefered. Wait, Mexico, take them to Mexico.

Afterall they are Mexican Boas right?

Feel free to transport any other snakes you have bought/find with you.

There is that ok? :cool:

bwolcott
03-28-2010, 12:07 PM
lol thanks I dont care where they take them as long as they buy them:)