PDA

View Full Version : Certificate of Elibility

apes
03-15-2010, 6:07 PM
In the C&R arena, is the COE just for the purchase of a handgun or does it apply to a long gun as well. The Application states that to obtain a COE you have to be finger printed at a Live Scan station and pay $32 for the scan and $19 for the FBI fee etc. If I had all of this done when I applied for my CCW do I have to do it again. If the prints are digitized and the FBI check has been done is that enough or do I have to do it all over again?
Thanks

Quiet
03-16-2010, 7:20 AM
A C&R FFL + COE = no 10 day wait on any C&R firearm transfered from a CA FFL dealer.

Yes, you have to get fingerprinted every time you apply for something different.

paul0660
03-16-2010, 7:26 AM
Yes, you have to get fingerprinted every time you apply for something different.

Yes it is quite a scam, that scan.

Soldier415
03-16-2010, 7:35 AM
Well worth it just to be exempt from the one handgun every 30 days rule.

Quiet
03-16-2010, 5:10 PM
Yes it is quite a scam, that scan.

Just another thing that verifies who the applicant is. ;)

eighteenninetytwo
03-16-2010, 6:27 PM
Ok I've heard no wait - whcih is great. HOWEVER do you still have to do the DROS paperwork at the store (Big 5 or somewhere?). if so theyd charge for that and that kind of takes away the main idea of getting teh C&R to me - whihc is the saving of cost. Does the combination of COE and C&R negate the DROS P/W?

TRICKSTER
03-16-2010, 8:13 PM
Ok I've heard no wait - whcih is great. HOWEVER do you still have to do the DROS paperwork at the store (Big 5 or somewhere?). if so theyd charge for that and that kind of takes away the main idea of getting teh C&R to me - whihc is the saving of cost. Does the combination of COE and C&R negate the DROS P/W?

You still need to DROS. The savings you get with your C&R comes when purchasing from out of state vendors, no DROS and better deals.

zatoh
03-16-2010, 8:28 PM
So far I've used mine for cash and carry (after DROS of course) and more than 1 handgun/month. Saves gas at least by eliminating the 2nd trip to the FFL for pick-up.