PDA

View Full Version : Interesting video on buckshot on coyote

Esquire
03-15-2010, 3:38 PM
What appears to be a sick coyote "put down" by buckshot...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_kH7EE4Gue4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_kH7EE4Gue4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Soreloser
03-15-2010, 3:58 PM
Looks to me like it was wrapped up in the baling wire and had been for sometime... Could be wrong.

BigJB
03-15-2010, 6:01 PM
I would guess that the yote was caught in a snare, hay stacks are favorite spots for fur trappers to lay snares in Montana.

Crazyhorse
03-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Looked like BS to me. At best they were playing with a sick pup. At worst they cut/unstaked a snare to let him run out and get hammered to make a video. Seemed like the guy didn't want to shoot like he was feeling bad or something.

I could be way wrong but I get a bad vibe from this video.

CH

mif_slim
03-16-2010, 1:27 PM
Thats a injured yote. the looks in its eyes tells it all. I've had dogs in the past and when their hurt, I get that same look from them.

lewdogg21
03-16-2010, 2:31 PM
^^^I think your right. It's the eyes.

I watched part of this with no sound then turned it off. I can't stand seeing stuff that is hurt up close like that. Call me whatever but I walked up on a spike bull once that was wounded and couldn't get up. It started crying/whining and I almost quit hunting after that.

Animals shouldn't suffer regardless of if they are pets or critters. Put them down and be done with it.

Crazyhorse
03-16-2010, 2:50 PM
I don't know like I said I get a really bad vibe. I've never had an injured animal that had any ability to get away let me within maybe 15-20 yards. Though after he is done playing around behind the bale the yote is able to run and that's when he hits it. I could be wrong no clue.

CH

gibbygoo
03-21-2010, 7:31 PM
they should have gave it penicillin and rehabilitated it.

BamBam-31
03-21-2010, 8:29 PM
That's a wig, right?

Bearclaw
03-22-2010, 10:59 AM
it's a wig. But I have to agree with you guys. I actually didn't even watch it long enough see him shoot it. all i could think of was how f@#ked up it was for these guys to be toying with that 'yote, so I just quit watching it.

DirtyDave
03-22-2010, 11:59 AM
I am one of the first to say we should all stick together and not knock other hunters or various forms of hunting, but I got a bad vibe watching the vid too. A terrible representation of hunters and population/predator control. I did not like the "toying around" they were doing. They should have just shot it ASAP and been done with it, not make a goofy youtube video from the situation.

Jpach
03-22-2010, 12:33 PM
I am one of the first to say we should all stick together and not knock other hunters or various forms of hunting, but I got a bad vibe watching the vid too. A terrible representation of hunters and population/predator control. I did not like the "toying around" they were doing. They should have just shot it ASAP and been done with it, not make a goofy youtube video from the situation.

I feel with you guys, and understand what your saying. I think what gets everyone the most is the look in the coyote's eyes and its strange behavior. He was obviously....not right.

SO,

Considering that the population is allegedly out of control, the dog is super skinny, injured/sick and seemed to not be as afraid as I would imagine he/she should have been, it was probably a good idea to kill it.

Yeah, I understand how one can look at this vid and see it as the guys toying with the yote but I think they were kind of like WTF :confused: at the yote's behavior. To people who live in such areas with high yote populations, its the same thing as killing a rat. I dont believe that they were toying with the yote per se, they were just looking to shoot a coyote, found a strange/sick one, and killed it anyways.

IMHO, leaving that sick yote to die a slow and likely painful death would be much more unethical and "bad vibe"y than putting it out of its misery by blasting it up close. Even if it was a healthy yote it should have been killed.

Bearclaw
03-22-2010, 3:44 PM
I've got absolutely no problem with them killing it. But it's like DirtyDave said....they should have just done it ASAP and been done with it. Obviously they saw it and went back home to find the funniest wig they had (leaving the 'yote to suffer a little longer). Then they took their sweet time and screwed around with it for a while first.

darkknight
03-23-2010, 8:50 AM
Im with dirty dave on this, yes that yote needed to be put down. But filming it and toying with it wasnt right either. If you want to film your hunt that fine by me I have no issues with it. But a sick or wounded animal deserves a little respect and especially how this will look to non hunters is what we dont need.

choprzrul
03-23-2010, 9:02 AM
I am a Nebraska native who has been on more than one coyote hunt in the hills where dozens of farmers and ranchers get together on Sunday afternoons to erradicate these predators. This video is something different. There is no fair chase, the animal has no chance, it is already sick/hurting, and these guys are exploiting the situation to make a video. Can you imagine the effect of the anti's showing this video to a group of spineless legislators as an example of why they need to ban hunting? I would even go so far as to say that this video has no place on CGN and we should distance ourselves from the display of such behavior. just my $.02, YMMV.

ilikeguns
03-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Sick/hurting animal should be put down. No question.
Yotes are not people and should not be treated as such (emotions and feelings)...Thats un-natural.
So the only ethical problem I see is the lack of seriousness in taking an animals life when it serves no sporting purpose. You are simply putting a wounded animal down and should not be having a good time about it. Thats unethical and can even get a bit sick...not good for us pro-hunters and PETA if you know what I mean.

Doheny
03-23-2010, 11:53 AM
Weren't those the same guys that were in the movie Deliverance?

Bearclaw
03-24-2010, 2:04 PM

Deedall Ing Ding Ding Ding Ding ding diiiinnnnggg......:cowboy:

Whiskey84
03-30-2010, 5:06 AM

If you listen, the one tells his buddy, "You got a pretty mouth..." LOL j/k

Seriously though, bad vibes in this vid.