View Full Version : Best finds for me in some time.

gun toting monkeyboy
03-14-2010, 9:20 PM
Well, I hit the local hole-in-the-wall shop on Saturday. I went in to pay off a pre-64 Winchester model 94. Nothing spectacular, but nice enough. A couple of collections had just come in to be sold, so he showed me what he had. Some of it was nice enough. But I need another jungle carbine like I need another hole in my head. Which is precisely what Mrs. Monkeyboy would give me if I came home with another one. But I did find an all matching Model 38 Carcano cavalry carbine, from the one manufacturer who put adjustable sights on that model. I grabbed it, and wasn't going to put it down. It would be stretching the budget, but I don't actually have one of these. Then I spotted something that I must have overlooked 3-4 times while I had been playing with the other guns. I guess my mind couldn't believe what it was seeing so it dismissed it. An SVT-40. All matching, 1941 date. Aresnal refinished to almost pristine condition. I will be a dead man in 8 more days. I know she is going to kill me. But the price was right, and I haven't seen one of these in real life in almost 10 years. Alas, the poor carcano is languishing in layaway. I'll probably get it out in a few weeks. But I don't know how much I will be playing with it in the near future. I have thousands of rounds of 7.62x54R laying around. I think I'll be burning through it soon.

03-14-2010, 9:26 PM
awesome! I know the feeling... and am getting better at hiding things:)

Milsurp Collector
03-14-2010, 9:53 PM
You were smart to grab both. Good job!