PDA

View Full Version : Gunpal and Ben being discussed at Castboolits

762cavalier
03-14-2010, 8:14 PM
Anyone who knows more care to chime in?

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=78595

Turbinator
03-14-2010, 8:29 PM
I don't have an account over there, but it seems that a couple of folks are already on the right track, indicating that Ben has stepped out of his official positions for the moment while things get cleared up. Overall, the tone seemed ok in that thread - certainly nothing I would worry about too much (yet).

Turby

djbooya
03-14-2010, 9:36 PM
Post 20 in that thread doesn't sound so good...which occurred after Turbinators post here. It's not substantiated of course, but still doesn't sound good to have that out there.

SJgunguy24
03-14-2010, 9:46 PM
Post 20 in that thread doesn't sound so good...which occurred after Turbinators post here. It's not substantiated of course, but still doesn't sound good to have that out there.

........And the plot thicken:eek:

djbooya
03-14-2010, 10:00 PM
dun dun dunnnnnnn.... (something bad is happening music)

ivanimal
03-14-2010, 10:31 PM
OK, now I am pissed. This crap needs to stop right now!:mad:

Jumbo Panda its your call.

Z ME FLY
03-14-2010, 10:36 PM
wow

SJgunguy24
03-14-2010, 10:37 PM

Frankly I'm surprised somebody would take a beef to another forum. Thats pretty chicken sh*t in my book.

I don't have a dog in this fight but thats just bad all the way around.

Doheny
03-14-2010, 10:40 PM
Did anyone take it over there, or did it just pop up over there? Don't forget, the news story is in the public domain, plus gun owners all over use Gun Pal. Frankly, that gives them a right to inquire about the status of the matter and whether they want to continue to support Gun Pal.

All the other threads about Ben have been pulled, with the exception of the one he started; I suspect this one will be too.

Hopi
03-14-2010, 10:41 PM
Frankly I'm surprised somebody would take a beef to another forum. Thats pretty chicken sh*t in my book.

I don't have a dog in this fight but thats just bad all the way around.

Yep. Bad form indeed.

anthonyca
03-14-2010, 10:44 PM

Ivan responded on that site with some info on the guy, and some history.

technique
03-14-2010, 10:48 PM
Yep. Bad form indeed.

Well, it looks like either way here or elsewhere he or anyone else can suffer the repercussions. Likely quicker if he did it here.

Hopi
03-14-2010, 10:56 PM
Well, it looks like either way here or elsewhere he or anyone else can suffer the repercussions. Likely quicker if he did it here.

It's all about cleaning your yard before complaining about your neighbor's.

This is another sad segment in an ongoing issue that should have long ago been buried.

jumbopanda
03-14-2010, 11:03 PM

Responded over there.

To those wondering why I would post there instead of here, how long do you think the post would have lasted?

To those who feel I'm airing a personal issue, tell me why you think I'd have a personal issue with Ben.

Anyone who's interested can go read my post on Cast Boolits, along with Ivan's. I just don't see the point in posting it here because this thread probably won't be around for long.

Hoop
03-14-2010, 11:11 PM
I really hope that story isn't true. I wonder how he was "developed" by them as a suspect.

djbooya
03-14-2010, 11:12 PM
Ivan responded on that site with some info on the guy, and some history.

Good to hear someone can refute or at least provided additional information so if that thread gets picked up there will be information from another side.

jumbopanda
03-14-2010, 11:18 PM
Good to hear someone can refute or at least provided additional information so if that thread gets picked up there will be information from another side.

Oh I have no problem with that at all. I think having a discussion and refuting claims that he believes to be incorrect is the right thing to do, rather than threatening to close my account here unless I deleted my post over there. The latter is plain cowardly and dishonest.

AndrewMendez
03-14-2010, 11:34 PM
Responded over there.

To those wondering why I would post there instead of here, how long do you think the post would have lasted?

To those who feel I'm airing a personal issue, tell me why you think I'd have a personal issue with Ben.

Anyone who's interested can go read my post on Cast Boolits, along with Ivan's. I just don't see the point in posting it here because this thread probably won't be around for long.

If your unsure of what you posted was true or not, why would you post it? You know damn well that the media as well as the rest of the state of Kalifornia is looking at CGN as well as Gunpal with a microscope. Why give them more ammo?

ivanimal
03-14-2010, 11:35 PM
I asked you to retract your statements. Not delete them.

You don't know squat about the situation. You just have suspicions. I will tell you again this is none of your business. I asked you on the phone to leave it alone and let it work its way out. I also told you that listening to a bitter ex employee would not be the best source for info. Did you listen? I will ask you again to retract you slanderous hearsay or lose your account. I am done with you and your bitter friend stirring dirt. Have I made myself clear?

Peter W Bush
03-14-2010, 11:40 PM
Oh I have no problem with that at all. I think having a discussion and refuting claims that he believes to be incorrect is the right thing to do, rather than threatening to close my account here unless I deleted my post over there. The latter is plain cowardly and dishonest.

How about not publicly posting BS about somebody who is so closely affiliated with the Calguns Foundation when you have NO evidence. What the hell is wrong with you? :mad:

jumbopanda
03-14-2010, 11:41 PM

You don't know squat about the situation. You just have suspicions. LOL yeah, I mentioned that I few times myself I will tell you again this is none of your business. I asked you on the phone to leave it alone and let it work its way out. I also told you that listening to a bitter ex employee would not be the best source for info. Did you listen? I will ask you again to retract you slanderous hearsay or lose your account. I am done with you and your bitter friend stirring dirt. Have I made myself clear?

Alright, I'll get rid of the first part of the post (all of the info from the "bitter friend"). I'll delete/retract it or whatever right now if you want.

But what about the rest of my post? Is that part slanderous hearsay as well?

ke6guj
03-14-2010, 11:53 PM

You don't know squat about the situation. You just have suspicions. I will tell you again this is none of your business. I asked you on the phone to leave it alone and let it work its way out. I also told you that listening to a bitter ex employee would not be the best source for info. Did you listen? I will ask you again to retract you slanderous hearsay or lose your account. I am done with you and your bitter friend stirring dirt. Have I made myself clear?I may not agree with what he posted on another forum, but what gives you the right to delete an account on calguns for actions that occured elsewhere (yes, I know that this is Kestryll's house, but JP's actions do not seem to violate CG's TOS)?

ivanimal
03-14-2010, 11:58 PM
Here is an answer for both ke6guj and jumbopanda. I asked JP to drop it and leave it be till this all shakes out. He agreed and said it would not be an issue. This conversation happened here. Taking it to another forum does not release him from his word. My word was that he is to retract all slanderous statements or lose his account. I am a man of my word ask anyone and they will tell you that.

NorCalMama
03-14-2010, 11:59 PM
:popcorn:

Kestryll
03-15-2010, 12:06 AM
I may not agree with what he posted on another forum, but what gives you the right to delete an account on calguns for actions that occured elsewhere (yes, I know that this is Kestryll's house, but JP's actions do not seem to violate CG's TOS)?

Actually, things such as defamation, specifically libel, false accusations and attempting to ruin the business and employ of a forum member DOES rise to the level of violating the CGN TOS and meriting being removed.
The fact that it happened elsewhere is a mitigating aspect however.

MP301
03-15-2010, 12:07 AM

Well, the problem with refuting claims that are legal in nature is that...well, you cant. The attorney says STFU and that is what you do. So, wouldnt it be prudent and fair to wait until the legal issues are resolved so that Ben can actually defend himself before you spread second hand information that you cant verify?

I know that is what you would want if you found yourself accused of something requiring the use of an attorney, yes?

Chk Chk Boom
03-15-2010, 12:08 AM
IBTL

jumbopanda
03-15-2010, 12:09 AM
Here is an answer for both ke6guj and jumbopanda. I asked JP to drop it and leave it be till this all shakes out. He agreed and said it would not be an issue. This conversation happened here. Taking it to another forum does not release him from his word. My word was that he is to retract all slanderous statements or lose his account. I am a man of my word ask anyone and they will tell you that.

Oh I really wish we had recorded our phone conversation. When did I say any of that? I only stopped arguing with you because I knew you wouldn't be convinced. You kept going on about how Ben wouldn't do anything bad because he wouldn't risk compromising all that he had achieved, and I just nodded and said "yeah...yeah..mmhmm..." I never said that I would never mention this ever again.

DedEye
03-15-2010, 12:09 AM
Since Jumbopanda saw fit to refer to me in his post on CB, and now it's a dogpile of people calling me out, I'm left with little choice but to respond, despite my desire to stay out of this crap.

I don't want to create an account to post on CB, so hopefully anything I post here won't get deleted.

I'm the "bitter former employer" that Kestryll and Ivan are referring to, and the "close friend" that JumboPanda mentions. I worked for Ben's web hosting company GeoVario (formerly CDGlobal) for nearly a year. In that time, I learned more about Ben, his business practices and personal behavior than probably anyone else here, including the people so quick to defend him.

I don't want to rehash a ton of drama that should be long dead and buried anyway, but want to address a couple points that have been brought up. One, the public apology which I gave was a requirement of not losing my account here. It was not voluntary.

Second, Kestryll's quote referring to me as "the one making false allegations of fraud predicated on out of context and doctored text records and once the truth came out he was left with no option but to apologize publicly" is inaccurate. In no way were the conversations doctored. The text records in question were log files from IM and SMS conversations between Ben and I, and while I agree some of it was out of context, it was not "doctored."

Leave me out of it. Whether you think I was right or not about the raffle being rigged is irrelevant. I didn't tell JumboPanda about the SDRC, he came about his suspicions on his own. Based on what he's found, and what I've found by searching for it (nothing), I don't blame him for being curious and wanting answers.

technique
03-15-2010, 12:13 AM
:popcorn:

Pop, pop, pass....

ke6guj
03-15-2010, 12:18 AM
Here is an answer for both ke6guj and jumbopanda. I asked JP to drop it and leave it be till this all shakes out. He agreed and said it would not be an issue. This conversation happened here. Taking it to another forum does not release him from his word. My word was that he is to retract all slanderous statements or lose his account. I am a man of my word ask anyone and they will tell you that.I wouldn't agree that that is right, but it isn't my house, so my opinion doesn't matter in setting the rules.

Actually, things such as defamation, specifically libel, false accusations and attempting to ruin the business and employ of a forum member DOES rise to the level of violating the CGN TOS and meriting being removed.
The fact that it happened elsewhere is a mitigating aspect however.And I'll take that as the final word on the matter. If you feel it violates the TOS, then thats all that matters.

MP301
03-15-2010, 12:18 AM
Pop, pop, pass....

:lurk5: Need a bigger bag of popcorn...here ya go!

Tweak338
03-15-2010, 12:21 AM
Pass some popcorn...

jdberger
03-15-2010, 12:22 AM
Gone for a weekend and look what happens....

Peter W Bush
03-15-2010, 12:27 AM
Gone for a weekend and look what happens....

You've missed a lot more than this..

There was.. hmm..

A thread that started off asking whether homosexuals are born that way, which turned into a thread about gay parades then to whether not the Bible allows homosexuality, then whether or not homosexuals are going to heaven.

A thread about a rail turning into why randall got banned (allegedly because he "angered a mod's pet") turning into free randall

A thread that went something like "Hey guys can any LEOs here buy a gun thats off the list and then PPT it to me, thanks."

A thread about neck sizing vs. FL sizing that turned into another fight about bolt-action ARs..

... and a few I cant remember

ivanimal
03-15-2010, 12:29 AM
Oh I really wish we had recorded our phone conversation. When did I say any of that? I only stopped arguing with you because I knew you wouldn't be convinced. You kept going on about how Ben wouldn't do anything bad because he wouldn't risk compromising all that he had achieved, and I just nodded and said "yeah...yeah..mmhmm..." I never said that I would never mention this ever again.

I asked you to drop it until it all shook out and you said you would. Saying you wish you recorded it is sounding like you are calling me a liar. Why dont yopu just say that then.

Mstrty
03-15-2010, 12:30 AM
The attorney says STFU and that is what you do.

<Ben Canon :lurk5:>

ivanimal
03-15-2010, 12:36 AM

I don't want to rehash a ton of drama that should be long dead and buried anyway, but want to address a couple points that have been brought up. One, the public apology which I gave was a requirement of not losing my account here. It was not voluntary.

You apologized because you did not have any proof and it was the right thing to do. Or are you forgetting that?

Doheny
03-15-2010, 12:38 AM
Ivan, it seems like you're the one not letting this thing die now.

Just sayin'...

DedEye
03-15-2010, 12:38 AM
You apologized because you did not have any proof and it was the right thing to do. Or are you forgetting that?

I apologized because the only proof I had wasn't tangible or good enough.

I repeat, I don't want to go over this again.

ivanimal
03-15-2010, 12:52 AM

Just sayin'...

Yeah, passion runs deep when you think you have gotten your point across only to see it come up again a month down the road.

I have spoken to these guys in PM and on the phone. I have listened to them and tried to be impartial. When there is no proof of wrongdoing other than gut feelings from an ex employee and his friend. I have to say they are wrong and ask them to stop spreading gossip or show me something concrete. So far nothing but sour grapes. I am running out of options here.

DedEye
03-15-2010, 12:56 AM
I make no claim at impartiality, but do you honestly believe that you aren't acting with bias?

AndrewMendez
03-15-2010, 12:57 AM

Just sayin'...

Or trying not to give people a reason to question him.

Kestryll
03-15-2010, 1:05 AM
We're not going to rehash this again, it did nothing but cause problems and strife with nothing to base it on nothing but specious claims the last time.

ivanimal
03-15-2010, 1:06 AM
I make no claim at impartiality, but do you honestly believe that you aren't acting with bias?

Just deciphering the facts. No bias no dishonesty. How is anyone here going to take me serious if I cant do that.

asked Ben the same questions I asked you. If I had to believe anyone it would be him.

The difference between you and I is that I get to hear both sides of the story with impartiality.

ivanimal
03-15-2010, 1:11 AM
We're not going to rehash this again, it did nothing but cause problems and strife with nothing to base it on nothing but specious claims the last time.

Paul, I don't want this to continue. However, I will not allow covert efforts to further destroy a mans reputation. That is what this is all about. Not some petty argument. This is a mans good name. So far that is all I am trying to protect.

You know me When I am wrong I admit it. I wish others had the same upbringing.