PDA

View Full Version : Something bad finally happen in my 'hood

Rob454
03-13-2010, 6:36 PM
My neighbors kids were playing in the pool area and they were throwing a football around. i guess it hit one of the neighbors front door and the dumbs**t comes out with a loaded shotgun with slug to initmidate the kids into leaving. LOL Westminsters finest came down and ripped the dudes a new a hole. Hes gone to jail.
So its at least brandishing a deadly weapon at a minor, right?
This jsut happen abotu 1 hour ago i was on my way to get a pizza and my neighbors wife told me what was happening. The cops were talking to the guy. My wife kknows him hes at all the association meetings I guess complaining abotu everything
LOL there goes a idiots gun rights to say the least. The bad thing is he was taking care of his wife who has cancer.

IrishPirate
03-13-2010, 6:40 PM
everyone knows you're supposed to shoot kids with paintballs....not pull shotguns on them. This guy needs to go to "grumpy neighbor 101" class...

sa810
03-13-2010, 6:43 PM
I thought it was standard American law that you could pull out the shotgun to keep those darn kids off of your lawn.

jmzhwells
03-13-2010, 6:51 PM
I thought it was standard American law that you could pull out the shotgun to keep those darn kids off of your lawn.

It is, but we dont live in standard america!! As long as u use rock salt.

rockdogz
03-13-2010, 6:57 PM
No I think you're supposed to use a Garand...

RideIcon
03-13-2010, 7:10 PM

This is true, but the catch is here

loaded shotgun with slug

everyone knows you shoot kids with salt shot,

or bird if you don't have salt on hand :43:

Lol, some people take things a little over board, poor kids gonna be scared this halloween

POLICESTATE
03-13-2010, 7:16 PM

yup!

wadalaba
03-13-2010, 7:24 PM
in westminster, the city where nothing ever happens?

also most boring city ever....

socalshooting
03-13-2010, 7:42 PM

And only at gangsta types...not at regular kids.

rrr70
03-13-2010, 8:08 PM
And only at gangsta types...not at regular kids.

How's one supposed to tell the difference? They all dressed up and act the same.:p

Echidin
03-13-2010, 8:39 PM
The bad thing is he was taking care of his wife who has cancer.

I feel sorry for the guy, possibly harassed by kids in the past?

Rob454
03-13-2010, 8:54 PM
I feel sorry for the guy, possibly harassed by kids in the past?

I asked my wife and she said the guy is just a grumpy guy. From what I understand he just complains about everything.
I guess he has had run ins with the PD before. I guess he calls them and complains about stuff to them also.

JDoe
03-13-2010, 8:54 PM
My neighbors kids were playing in the pool area and they were throwing a football around. i guess it hit one of the neighbors front door and the dumbs**t comes out with a loaded shotgun with slug to initmidate the kids into leaving. LOL Westminsters finest came down and ripped the dudes a new a hole. Hes gone to jail.

Good.

The bad thing is he was taking care of his wife who has cancer.

Someone needs to check on her and be a good neighbor.

Shadowdrop
03-13-2010, 9:03 PM
Westminster, you say?
http://oslopuls.aftenposten.no/multimedia/archive/00061/Gran_Torino_Gran_Tor_61285b.jpg

fabguy
03-13-2010, 9:18 PM
:iagree: sounds like a scene from "gran torino"

lorax3
03-13-2010, 9:29 PM

At least. Loaded weapon in public (12031), Brandishing (417), maybe even Assault with a deadly weapon (245). Depending on where he lived there may also be a school zone charge involved. (626.9)

Too bad about his wife.

BigDogatPlay
03-13-2010, 9:32 PM
Someone needs to check on her and be a good neighbor.

^^^ This ^^^, if Grumpy Old Man isn't out of the pokey yet. She shouldn't have to suffer or go without on account of him not being able to deal well with life's little annoyances.

shovel88ci
03-13-2010, 9:34 PM
Check on the wife.

shovel88ci
03-13-2010, 9:34 PM
Its not her fault she married an idiot.

Rob454
03-13-2010, 9:41 PM
I doubt the guy is gonna get out of jail tonight. I bet he wont get out till Monday. Im gonna go over with my wife and check on the lady

beyaaah
03-13-2010, 9:41 PM
Must be related to this guy....

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=279230

Rob454
03-14-2010, 8:17 AM
Well his wife is ok just crying. hes not back yet. we gave her our # in case she needs something. I guess the guy was jsut stressed out and flew off the handle. Either way he took a loaded gun to a 16 and a 17 year old. And neither of these kids are thug threatening wanna bes.
Too bad it happen cause this is one of the first bad things that happen here. The worse that happens is kids threw the pool chairs in the pool ring doorbells at night stupid kid stuff.

geeknow
03-14-2010, 8:26 AM
This jsut happen abotu 1 hour ago i was on my way to get a pizza and my neighbors wife told me what was happening. The cops were talking to the guy. My wife kknows him hes at all the association meetings I guess complaining abotu everything
LOL there goes a idiots gun rights to say the least. The bad thing is he was taking care of his wife who has cancer.

yep, stuff like this tends to splatter on us all when it 'goes through the fan'

sounds like the guy cracked...must be tough, especially with a sick spouse. still, opening the door with a firearm isnt the right choice.

i would tend to agree with your assesment, though...it does sound like his 2A choices are going to be limited.

a little 'action' behind the OC curtain, eh..?

gn3hz3ku1*
03-14-2010, 4:01 PM
maybe he will say he felt threatened on his own property? if he says that would those charges really stick?

IronColt
03-14-2010, 4:14 PM
why didn't he just ask those teens to leave? way too extreme to solve a simple problem.

tyrist
03-14-2010, 4:30 PM
He should have been arrested for 245(a)(1) assault with a deadly weapon. He can cut a plea deal to avoid prison but he will probably be a convicted felon from here on out; and rightfully so.

bruceflinch
03-14-2010, 5:25 PM
Mild case of Overreaction..
Sounds like the guy is depressed if he has always been grumpy. Taking care of a sick spouse is stressfull as well. The guy messed up, big time.

Rob454
03-14-2010, 6:13 PM
All I can figure is the guy snapped. At least he didnt snap all the way and helped people go see Jesus. yeah I basically asked myself the same thing why didnt he jsut tell the kids to leave and tell them his wife is sick. I kknow these kids theire not bad kids. yeah they can do stupid stuff play loud music or skate board trucks but nothing that is earth shattering for a 16 -17 year olds.

B Strong
03-14-2010, 6:18 PM

Pre-1960 it was very acceptable most places except metro areas.

B Strong
03-14-2010, 6:24 PM
All I can figure is the guy snapped. At least he didnt snap all the way and helped people go see Jesus. yeah I basically asked myself the same thing why didnt he jsut tell the kids to leave and tell them his wife is sick. I kknow these kids theire not bad kids. yeah they can do stupid stuff play loud music or skate board trucks but nothing that is earth shattering for a 16 -17 year olds.

Rob, when I was a young guy living in a street level apartment, the guy that owned the house across the street tried to force his way into my place after pounding on the door, because he believed that I had parked a car in front of his house - he quickly took a nap, I called the cops, his wife ran over about the time the cops showed up, and it turned out the guy was being treated for cancer and wasn't exactly on top of it - he apoligized, I didn't press charges.

There is nothing stranger than folks.

Greg-Dawg
03-14-2010, 6:49 PM
Mossberg 500? Remington? SPAS-12? Wingmaster?