PDA

View Full Version : A-Zoom Snap Caps

wait_one
03-12-2010, 4:23 PM
Does anyone know what's the approximate usage life for an A-Zoom snap cap ?

I'm currently using them in my 9mm for dry firing.

Also, how do I know when there well worn or have gone bad ?

Thanks.

IGOTDIRT4U
03-12-2010, 4:42 PM
The little black rubber "primer" will have a dent or tear in it.

I've got about 2000 clicks on my 45 acp ones and they are just starting to tear.

badfish71
03-12-2010, 6:21 PM
i got probably around the same amount as the above. but really i dont worry so much about the primer area. my concern is for training and cycling them through mags. and they have been flawless in that regards so far..

kf6tac
03-12-2010, 7:47 PM
The rims on my 9mm Snap Caps are getting a little chewed up from cycling, but in all other respects they're fine. I've had them for maybe 9 months.

scrat
03-13-2010, 11:12 AM
i have read a lot on people making them by using silicone in the primer pocket then pressing a bullet in place and painting it a different color for reference. on the cheap its supposed to be pretty good. And if the RTV gets bad you get the ole pocket knife scrape out the old RTV and put some new RTV in its place

UBFRAGD
03-13-2010, 5:24 PM
If the casing is getting torn up from the ejector just smooth it out with a really fine grit (600) or green nylon scrubby pad. If the fake primer is getting torn up see above post about using a filler.

If you are like me and need to find your snap-caps quicker after a covert house ninja op, paint a white or yellow line around the base, easier to find under the bookcase.

Turbinator
03-14-2010, 9:18 AM
Has anyone owned the AZOOM's for more than just a year or so? I'm curious how they hold up after about 5 years of use.

Turby