View Full Version : How about a Survival/Emergency Preparedness Forum

02-03-2006, 10:32 AM
Hey all out there, Newbie here. Actually I've been lurking for about a month now.

Sent a message to the Mod. asking if I can post a for sale for survival type items but he respectfully reminded me that this is a Gun Forum.

I can respect the desire to keep things on track, especially these days.

Just wanted to know what others thought about starting a Survival/Emergency preparedness forum...

Subjects like:

If you had to leave your earthquake condemmed home and had 5 minutes to get what you could from the house, what would you bring. What weapon, food?, money, etc etc.

Anyway, just a thought.

02-03-2006, 11:25 AM
I would think the Off Topic area of this forum would be the place to have the discussion. This is a gun forum so non-gun discussion do happen there.

02-13-2006, 10:40 PM
The problem with alot of forums, is they subcategorize too much. It's like when you go into Rasputins Music here in the Bay Area. They have an "indie and punk" section, which has alot of stuff which could just go into the general rock section. As such, not as many people look at the 'indie and punk" section, so the titles in there to get parused as often as they could.

02-13-2006, 10:46 PM
If I were you, I would take survival/bug-out/shtf over to Survivor's SKS Boards (www.sksboards.com). You'll find that a lot of us are on both boards.

Not to go pushing other boards here, but survival preparedness is a big part of the discussion fodder over there. Calguns is a gun board with a big interest in CA-specific issues. Sksboards is a gun board with a big interest in post-SHTF issues.

02-23-2006, 3:11 PM
Yeah I dont think there are enough members yet cruising this forum to have to many subforums. There are several forums that have survival preparedness subforums or there sites like Frugal squirrels.