PDA

View Full Version : C&r and Vegas

steelrain82
03-11-2010, 8:25 PM
So I'm going to Vegas in the beginning of April and was wondering if I can buy c&r handguns in Vegas and how it works. Is there a waiting period still. And where in Vegas is a good place to go for c&r guns

TRICKSTER
03-11-2010, 8:54 PM
No wait, try Bargain Pawn, but your best bet is a day trip down to J&G sales in Prescott.

E-120
03-11-2010, 9:07 PM
Ca residents with a CR can buy handguns with no wait out of Ca? If so I am off to Prescott.

TRICKSTER
03-11-2010, 9:22 PM
Yes C&R License = cash and carry in almost every other state. Have fun at J&G.

E-120
03-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Thanks.

steelrain82
03-11-2010, 10:24 PM
so i just need my c&r thats it. i dont need a coe for also. so its price of gun + tax + dros. and out the door..

so what other shops are in vegas. its my last trip anywhere for awhile otherwise i would go to az.

himurax13
03-11-2010, 11:04 PM
so i just need my c&r thats it. i dont need a coe for also. so its price of gun + tax + dros. and out the door..

so what other shops are in vegas. its my last trip anywhere for awhile otherwise i would go to az.

You don't need a a COE to purchase a C&R handgun outside of California. You do have to send the DOJ $19 plus the form within 5 days of your return. From what I hear, Vegas is not C&R friendly. I tried to get some the last time I went and it was a bust.

Mssr. Eleganté
03-12-2010, 12:20 AM

DROS is a California-only thing. Other States use the Federal NICS system. But as an FFL you don't even need to go through the NICS system or fill out a Form 4473. You just hand them a signed copy of your C&R FFL, pay for the C&R handgun + sales tax and walk out the door.

Then just register the handgun(s) with CalDOJ within five days of getting back, like himurax13 says.

TRICKSTER
03-12-2010, 1:29 AM
You don't need a a COE to purchase a C&R handgun outside of California. You do have to send the DOJ $19 plus the form within 5 days of your return. From what I hear, Vegas is not C&R friendly. I tried to get some the last time I went and it was a bust.

Good point, I forgot to mention the DOJ form. Fill this form out and send it into DOJ with a check for any handguns you purchase out of state.
http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/curioapp.pdf

Quiet
03-12-2010, 5:22 PM
FYI.
Clark County (Las Vegas), Nevada has a three day waiting period on handgun sales.
If you have a "blue card", then you are exempt from the waiting period.
If you do not have a "blue card", then you'll have to wait three days.
"Blue card" = Clark County handgun registration card.

I've been told that 03-FFL does not exempt you from the waiting period.

steelrain82
03-12-2010, 11:04 PM
3 days..... That sucks. I would have to purchase the gun like the first day and pick it up the day I leave or the day before. What shops are there to buy guns at in the area.

VegasND
03-13-2010, 6:20 AM
3 days..... That sucks. I would have to purchase the gun like the first day and pick it up the day I leave or the day before. What shops are there to buy guns at in the area.
If you're serious about buying in Vegas, take a couple of hours and a handgun you already own to a police substation and get a blue card. Once you have a blue card the Clark County waiting period doesn't apply.

tow4dough
03-13-2010, 12:43 PM
j&g told me recently no go with c&r from the PRK
you may want to call them first

camsoup
03-13-2010, 1:10 PM
Would a handgun have to be a C&R AND at least 50 years old...or just on the C&R list to purchase out of state and return with it?

jmlivingston
03-13-2010, 1:31 PM
Would a handgun have to be a C&R AND at least 50 years old...or just on the C&R list to purchase out of state and return with it?

Just has to be C&R, but 50 years old is a qualifier for C&R status. In other words it can be 50 years old but not named on the list.

TRICKSTER
03-13-2010, 7:30 PM
j&g told me recently no go with c&r from the PRK
you may want to call them first

Ask to talk to a manager, the counter person pulled that on me last year when I was there and the manager had to set him straight.