PDA

View Full Version : Bad news....re San Jose Second Saturday event.

Asphodel
03-11-2010, 3:54 AM
I don't know whether we will be holding the San Jose Second Saturday event this coming Saturday.

I may be able to get Eddie and Emilio to run the event........I really don't believe I'll be in condition to do very much myself.

Those of you who attended the event may remember my partner (spouse, actually, we were one of the couples who were in time to 'beat prop 8') Patricia Elaine.

Patricia lost her life yesterday evening, at a coffee-house in S. F. where we'd gone to attend a social event.

She suddenly.....and with no 'warning signs'..... lost consciousness and could not be revived....I did CPR til the ambulance crew arrived to take over......all their work..... and they did the very best they could.....went for naught.

She had a known heart condition......subject to correction by the Medical Examiner's report, I think it probable that her pacemaker malfunctioned and stopped her heart. We'd been each other's 'other half' for over twenty years.....23 or 24-ish, something like that.....and losing someone when they are 62 is just 'wrong'.

I'm still 'in shock' and will probably be dysfunctional for some time.

sadly

Carla

wikidklown
03-11-2010, 5:31 AM
My condolenses to you and your family and friends........

AJAX22
03-11-2010, 7:01 AM
Condolences on your loss.

I can't even imagine how tough this must be for you.

mrboma
03-11-2010, 7:42 AM
I am very sorry for your loss Carla.
My sincerest condolences.
Regards,
Mike

masameet
03-11-2010, 7:44 AM
I'm saddened to read of the loss of your loved one, Carla. And you tried to save her. How heart-breaking it must have been for you.

Please take good care of yourself. You're a strong woman, but even so, we're here for you.

SJgunguy24
03-11-2010, 9:11 AM
Damn Carla, I'm so sorry to hear about this. You tried to do what you could, sometimes it just that time. At least you were there together when she left.

RIP Patricia

bwiese
03-11-2010, 9:44 AM
I am sorry to hear this, Carla.

I've always enjoyed visiting Patricia's tactical radio website.

We lost a good one.

quick draw mcgraw
03-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Wow, that is very sad and I am sorry for your loss. It's always a shame when a bright flame burns out long before it's time.

I hope that you will find solace in and surround yourself with friends and family.

domokun
03-11-2010, 10:24 AM
I'm sorry to hear about her becoming a silent key. She will be missed by everyone who was fortunate to have known her either in person or over the airwaves.

RogueSniper
03-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Carla,
I'm greatly sadden from this news. My heart felt condolences goes to you and your family for this sudden loss. She will be dearly missed. My prayers and thoughts go out to you. You have many friends here, please reach out to us and we'll do whatever we can to help in the healing process.
~ Rogue and Big Sister

Hopi
03-11-2010, 12:48 PM
My thoughts are with you.

jstasnk
03-11-2010, 1:05 PM
Carla, sorry to hear your loss, take care of yourself...

Mike

jdberger
03-11-2010, 1:06 PM
Oh gosh...

So sorry to hear that, Carla. Thoughts and prayers sent your way.

10-54
03-11-2010, 1:22 PM
My condolences

howard81
03-11-2010, 3:44 PM
We are in shock as well. So sorry for your loss, Carla. Elaine was so warm and caring. Let us know if we can help.

Howard and Alice

sirgiles
03-11-2010, 4:01 PM
carla,

my deepest condolences. if you need anything...

giles

gunnerdan
03-11-2010, 4:08 PM
So sorry for your loss

Quemtimebo
03-11-2010, 7:33 PM
So sorry for your loss. Prayers and good thoughts from my wife and me.

outland
03-11-2010, 7:47 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. It is so painful to loose someone you care so deeply for.

leggsman
03-12-2010, 9:51 PM
I m sorry for your loss .My prayer goes out to you and your family
Tom

G-Man WC
03-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Carla, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss.
There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go. ~Author Unknown

-gary

six10
03-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Adding my sincere condolences, Carla; you're one of my favorite Calguns posters.

2Cute2Shoot
03-13-2010, 10:15 AM
OMG, is this for the Zouaves Rifle Club?? I think she used to help at the junior program?? I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my dad last year. He was 52 and I just turned 17. I hope you'll be able to find the strength inside you to get thru this terrible time! I'll say a prayer for her.

diginit
03-15-2010, 9:04 PM
I'm sorry, Carla. Having known you both, I enjoyed your companies. It seems God decided it was her time for a new life. If you look, You will see she is still with you. Not in body, But in spirit. As the sole survivor of my entire family, I know....Love is endless and carries on through this existance to another.
Keep on Keepin' on, James

03-15-2010, 11:14 PM
My condolenses to you and your loved ones.:angelsad2:

dakobster81
03-16-2010, 2:21 AM
sorry to hear about your loss as well as so many others I am sure. Best wishes to you, friends, and family through this hard time, I will keep you in my prayers.

Steyrlp10
03-16-2010, 3:42 PM
I'm sorry to read about your loss and am adding my best wishes to you and your family.

Asphodel
03-20-2010, 12:01 PM
I'd like to say a grateful 'thank you' all for your kind thoughts.......

WA6UBE, now SK, has taken her place in history.

She died as she lived, having to deal with electrical/electronic equipment malfunction. Unlike malfunctions in commo gear, a heart pacemaker malfunction has no possibility of 'field expedient repair', to 'continue the mission'.

The San Jose 'Second Saturday Outreach' programme, or 'newbie shoot' which we started up a year ago, will continue, if enough of you are interested in having it continue.

The idea is that it will no longer be 'my' event, but that of the 'Range Outreach Committee', Emilio and Eddie for now. I'll still participate, when I feel a bit more 'up to it'.

If there are enough of you who think this event should continue, how about someone starting a new 'thread' here to that effect, with any ideas you may have about making the event successful in providing a useful service to the 'newbies', the 'public', and the 2A demographic generally

added on edit, for any who may be unfamiliar with the commo field......'SK', spoken as 'sierra kilo' means 'Silent Key' the custom within the ham radio community to commemorate the loss of a ham operator.

WA6UBE, spoken as 'whiskey alpha six uniform bravo echo', was her ham call. She was also AAR9JA in Army MARS, which was emergency commo reserve (we had to roll our commo vehicle for interoperability training with Army Reserve at Camp Parks a few years ago), but is now becoming a sub-set of the 'Homeland Security' evolution into totalitarian government here.

'Pro Patria Mori'

Carla

D53
03-20-2010, 8:18 PM
I never met you, but my wife and I are very sorry to hear of your loss

j1133s
03-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Carla, I'm sorry for your loss. I've been to 1 of your saturday range times. Although I only stayed a few minutes but left 2 newbies there; they said you treated them well and one of them later bought a shtogun (+1 gun owner). It's a nice out reach program you put together and hopefully it'll continue.

ivanimal
03-22-2010, 10:36 PM
Carla, I extend my sincerest hopes and prayers to you in this sad time.There is never a good time to lose a loved one, losing your life partner offers even greater hurdles. There is nothing I can say to lessen the pain. I will only share advice given to me in my dark times. We learn to love and live from the hearts of others, we accept that it is only temporary. Take the good memories and fill into your heart a permanent place to keep them. That way they stay alive in this world for as long as you are here.

Ivan