View Full Version : Have a side question if it is okay...

03-10-2010, 5:38 PM
okay, I have a question that has nothing to do with any acutal cleanup but but asking where is any ranges or better yet, legal shooting areas for centerfire rifle. Particularly an AR and M1A.
If it is a paying range, please give location and Pricing if avaialble.
Also, your personal opinion of the site and how it is run please. or send me an email if you prefer not to show your opinion in the opon.
thank you...

Meety Peety
03-13-2010, 7:13 PM
There are plenty. I don't know where you are located.. so I can't really help you, but a basic google search of your county will bring up some of the most common shooting areas, and word of mouth is how you find out about the rest. If your local indoor ranges won't allow your black rifle and/or surplus rifles, you need to check into some BLM land. In my opinion, BLM land is king. Its cheap or free in most cases, more relaxed and best of all, you can shoot almost anything within legal limits. These spots can sometimes be hard to find, and many of them are closing down rapidly.. but they are still out there.. and plenty of people still gather there for a nice day of shooting with the whole family, without having to pay the outrageous fees of indoor ranges. Just always remember the following when shooting on BLM land:

Be safe
Be respectful
Be responsible and

Sometimes it just has to be said. Good luck in your search!