PDA

View Full Version : FS: G3 Parts Kit & Clipped/Pinned Lower Complete

Geoff C
03-10-2010, 5:59 PM
I was going to build a HK91 clone, but have since moved out of state and can now more easily buy one fully featured. As a result I have a PTR91 receiver, G3 Parts Kit, and clipped & pinned lower receiver all for sale.

The parts kit is from a complete Pakistani G3 in great condition. The wood is in excellent condition. Asking $225. *SPF to billbo*

Also for sale is a complete clipped & pinned lower receiver with semi-automatic trigger pack and fresh parkerizing. This was professionally done by a HK gunsmith and slips right into the PTR91 receiver I have for sale in the firearms for sale forum. Asking $180.

I'm located in Livermore and will be leaving town after Monday the 14th.

Thanks,
Geoff
530-220-3399

billbo
03-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Hello I will buy just the parts (PM sent) what would the total cost be to ship please advise total and address to send USPS postal money order

Thanks

Bill

The parts kit is from a complete Pakistani G3 in great condition. The wood is in excellent condition. Asking $225.

Dirtbiker
03-11-2010, 11:05 AM
Is the barrel intact on the G3 parts kit or does it have holes drilled in the chamber?

Geoff C
03-11-2010, 1:50 PM
The parts kit is SPF to billbo. The lower receiver is still available.

Geoff

billbo
03-17-2010, 10:59 PM
In process of being resolved

dachan
03-17-2010, 11:09 PM
Looks like you're SOL, according to his OP he's already left the state and probably won't be seen on CGN anymore.

Geoff C
03-18-2010, 6:13 AM
This Guy is a crook

Crook? Wow…really? When we spoke last night I apologized and said I would refund your money, less the $20 (not $25) that constituted my actual shipping costs. Last time I checked, crooks profited from their activities, but I guess you have a less formal definition. On the phone you agreed to this, but then I wake up this morning to this gem of a flame post. Let me guess – on our phone call I also kicked your puppy and slept with your wife, right?

As I mentioned to you, I didn’t get into parts kits until 2007, so I’m used to parts kits having demilled barrels. I also wouldn’t want to build such a high quality rifle without using a new, unmolested barrel, but I suppose that reflects my tastes being a bit more refined. Finally, the hole in the barrel was visible in the photo. For these three reasons it hadn’t even occurred to me to mention it in my original post. In hindsight I wish it would have occurred to me to mention the demil issue to you after Dirtbiker’s post, but I’d just had to put down my dog and my mind was on other things that day.

Now the fact that without any indication of your righteous indignation [sic] you came on here and slandered my name and left me negative feedback so prematurely makes me want to retaliate, but being a more reasonable person, I’m willing to refund the full $250 you sent me. This is of course contingent on the parts kit being complete and in the same condition as when shipped. I would have much preferred to deal with this in an intelligent conversation in which you expressed your beliefs succinctly and we found common ground, but it would appear that I expected too much of you.

Moving forward I would appreciate it if you would leave the conjecture and disparaging assumptions out of what otherwise could have been a civilized conversation.

billbo
03-18-2010, 7:25 AM
Hello

The seller has decided on a compromise to resolve the dispute .

Geoff C
03-18-2010, 7:36 AM
I paid you $25 to ship it and it only cost you $20 to ship it

so you want to keep that extra $5 as well? wow man so you screw up fail to mention holes in the barrel you want me to pay the shipping to me as well as the extra $5 and pay $20 to ship it back so im out $45 on a $225

you see you make your own rules to benefit yourself as you go.

first not mentioning that the barrel has 3 holes drilled in it and that i should have known . How could i know? hmmm let look over the all the post prior to my reply hmmm i don't see it oh lets look at the photo hmmm i don't see any holes oh maybe cause the handgaurd is on it covering them.

please explain this to others reading this

Now I'm confused - is it that you don't understand my previous post, or are you intentionally distorting what I said to benefit yourself?

I said in my last post that I would refund your entire $250 upon delivery of the parts kit in the same condition as I shipped it. I don't see how you can twist that to say that I'm trying to screw you.

And for the record, you were the one that came up with the $25 shipping figure. When you proposed it, you said that in looking at USPS Priority Mail shipping rates, it would be somewhere between $15-20 so $25 should be plenty and I agreed. The actual shipping price was $20 including the insurance and tracking info you requested.

I'm going to kindly ask you one more time to retract your libelous statements and stop this pointless attack. Your arguments are incomplete, reckless and factually inaccurate. I've been more than reasonable in responding to your statements, but my patience is not without limits.

lordvader27
03-18-2010, 7:41 AM
Crook? Wow…really? When we spoke last night I apologized and said I would refund your money, less the $20 (not $25) that constituted my actual shipping costs. Last time I checked, crooks profited from their activities, but I guess you have a less formal definition. On the phone you agreed to this, but then I wake up this morning to this gem of a flame post. Let me guess – on our phone call I also kicked your puppy and slept with your wife, right?

As I mentioned to you, I didn’t get into parts kits until 2007, so I’m used to parts kits having demilled barrels. I also wouldn’t want to build such a high quality rifle without using a new, unmolested barrel, but I suppose that reflects my tastes being a bit more refined. Finally, the hole in the barrel was visible in the photo. For these three reasons it hadn’t even occurred to me to mention it in my original post. In hindsight I wish it would have occurred to me to mention the demil issue to you after Dirtbiker’s post, but I’d just had to put down my dog and my mind was on other things that day.

Now the fact that without any indication of your righteous indignation [sic] you came on here and slandered my name and left me negative feedback so prematurely makes me want to retaliate, but being a more reasonable person, I’m willing to refund the full $250 you sent me. This is of course contingent on the parts kit being complete and in the same condition as when shipped. I would have much preferred to deal with this in an intelligent conversation in which you expressed your beliefs succinctly and we found common ground, but it would appear that I expected too much of you.

Moving forward I would appreciate it if you would leave the conjecture and disparaging assumptions out of what otherwise could have been a civilized conversation.

You need to refund him a 100% and pay for return shipping costs, why would the buyer think it was a demilled barrel, you did not mention that in your ad, And it cannot be seen in pictures.
chris

Geoff C
03-18-2010, 7:44 AM
You need to refund him a 100% and pay for return shipping costs, why would the buyer think it was a demilled barrel, you did not mention that in your ad, And it cannot be seen in pictures.
chris

The hole in the barrel is visible in the first picture, but maybe my monitor displays the image more clearly.

Philthy
03-18-2010, 12:59 PM
I paid you $25 to ship it and it only cost you $20 to ship it

so you want to keep that extra $5 as well? wow man so you screw up fail to mention holes in the barrel you want me to pay the shipping to me as well as the extra $5 and pay $20 to ship it back so im out $45 on a $225

you see you make your own rules to benefit yourself as you go.

first not mentioning that the barrel has 3 holes drilled in it and that i should have known . How could i know? hmmm let look over the all the post prior to my reply hmmm i don't see it oh lets look at the photo hmmm i don't see any holes oh maybe cause the handgaurd is on it covering them.

please explain this to others reading this

Wow, it's only been a week since the thread was created, give the guy some time to correct any mistakes - which he offered to do. You have to give people a little time, because most people here aren't conducting this as a business, and even if they were there would be some turnaround time.

That iTrader rating is permanent AFAIK, so get ready to have yours go to zero. Any problems I had I first dealt with pms, never having to resort to the second option of posting in the sale thread. If posting in the sale thread didn't work, then I'd go nuclear with iTrader. iTrader is your stick, I'd use the pms as a carrot first.

Also, as far as "rules," there is a sticky thread at the top of the forum and it states:
2) Buyers and Sellers assume any and all risks in any transaction. Our wish is for this forum to be a safe environment for our members to buy and sell amongst themselves; however, Calguns.net can not and will not be responsible for any transactions gone bad. CAVEAT EMPTOR applies here.

Caveat Emptor means "buyer beware."