PDA

View Full Version : Shipping a C&R from CA to CO

haveyourmile
03-10-2010, 12:35 PM
I'm in the process of selling my walther .22 TPH to a buyer in Colorado who has his C&R FFL license (I'm not sure the exact name of it). The Walther .22 TPH is listed on the ATF website as being a C&R. Can I ship it to him, being that he is a C&R 003 (or whatever it's called) or do I still need to ship it to a licensed FFL dealer in Colorado?

Mssr. Eleganté
03-10-2010, 1:04 PM
It is generally legal for you to ship a C&R handgun directly to a C&R FFL in another State. The only thing that might prohibit it is Colorado law, which I don't know anything about. I've never seen any Colorado restrictions posted on the C&R distributors web sites, so I doubt Colorado has any extra rules.

dfletcher
03-10-2010, 1:05 PM
The German made Walther is C & R eligible and unless Colorado or the city he's in restricts their C & Rs use then it can be sent directly to the Type 03 holder.

ke6guj
03-10-2010, 1:48 PM
yes, as long as he is a C&R FFL, and the handgun is a C&R, either by being listed in the C&R list, or being 50+ years old, you can ship it directly to him, pending any CO laws tht would prohibit it (Denver has some anti-gun laws). I would then file a No longer in Possesion form with CADOJ so that they can update the regstration records to show that you sold it. Otherwise, it would still "be in your name".

you can call ATF and give them the info off his C&R FFL and they can confirm it is valid for you.

GearHead
03-10-2010, 2:38 PM
There are no restrictions on C&R Guns in CO that would prohibit you from doing this.

haveyourmile
03-10-2010, 2:41 PM
Awesome, thanks guys!

haveyourmile
03-10-2010, 2:44 PM
yes, as long as he is a C&R FFL, and the handgun is a C&R, either by being listed in the C&R list, or being 50+ years old, you can ship it directly to him, pending any CO laws tht would prohibit it (Denver has some anti-gun laws). I would then file a No longer in Possesion form with CADOJ so that they can update the regstration records to show that you sold it. Otherwise, it would still "be in your name".

you can call ATF and give them the info off his C&R FFL and they can confirm it is valid for you.

On the "no longer in possession" form, at the bottom it gives the schpiel about how it must be sold through an FFL. Is there something I need to put on the form that specifically states it's a C&R sale, or will they figure it out on their own when they see the make and model? I don't want anything to go unnoticed

SVT-40
03-10-2010, 3:11 PM
On the "no longer in possession" form, at the bottom it gives the schpiel about how it must be sold through an FFL. Is there something I need to put on the form that specifically states it's a C&R sale, or will they figure it out on their own when they see the make and model? I don't want anything to go unnoticed

Just list the buyers C&R ffl number and information.

ke6guj
03-10-2010, 3:12 PM

I would use the second to last option "transfered firearms to a person/dealer in another state" and fill it out with the C&R licensee's info and FFL #. If they want more info that that, they can contact you. At that point, maybe I'd fax them a copy of the buyer's C&R FFL.