View Full Version : My Small Collection

03-08-2010, 8:13 PM
Hey everybody, just wanted to share. My dad and I have been collecting since I was a kid (I'm 25 now) and some of these are just wall hangers and have never been fired (by us anyway). We've owned these for 10 years now...

1) 1954 Chicom SKS. We bought it for 50 bucks as it wasn't working properly. It was a great single shot rifle :( but I had it fixed by Steel Rain (pm: seesm) and it works great and it pretty accurate at 50 yards out to 100 or so. It now has all of 100 or so rounds thru it in the last 10 years.

2) Mosin 91/30 - haven't shot it in the 10 years we've owned it, nice hammer and sickle, 1942 mfg, with the bayonet on it it is about 12 feet tall haha

3) Yugo M48 - great shape, one of those "unissued" big 5 kits, finish is about 90-95 percent with the receiver stamping in perfect shape. It has one box thru it in 10 years, but I'll be bringing it to the next norcal cleanup

4) Mas 36 7.5 French - bought and cleaned up from the arsenal reseal cosmo. bore is perfect. rifle was likely surrendered to the enemy before it was ever fired, unfired since purchased

5) 1942 Enfield no4mk2 - in decent shape but the safety broke off. i think we bought it for 10 or 20 bucks 10 years ago, unfired since then

6) Czech VZ24 Mauser - 1938 1st year production - serial is in the 1st 10,000 if i'm reading it correctly (not an expert though). This thing is beat to **** and then some. The stock has plenty of gouges and the receiver has a sick-*** lion engraved on it. The blue is maybe 2% on there. You'd think it was a silver rifle from the factory. This was most likely captured by the Nazis as they conquered Czechoslovakia that year and pressed these rifles into German service. Probably my favorite of the bunch. Lots of character. Unfired since purchased, as it will probably explode in your face. Handle with care!

7) 1944 Turkish Mauser with crescent mark from Ankara, Turkey. Unfired since purchase. I dont like it because the day I got it it the stock gave me a splinter and I still havent gotten over it...I like my other Mausers more.

8) 1955 chicom m44 carbine. actually newer than the sks which i find funny. It was refinished at stockton gun exchange and is probably the next gun that i will shoot one day. Serial is in the low 3 million range so I'm sure it's worth triple the going rate :rolleyes: I'd like to put some 7.62 x 54 through this one, but it's also unfired since purchase.

9) Century M1 - i believe its all a danish parts kit, the barrel is at least - 1954 with danish crown on a few parts. cast receiver i think. we had to have an m1 and we got this one cheap. I've found loading 2 rounds in the clip instead of 8 gives you 4 times the "ping" for your money. the last time I shot it, I bought a box of 30-06 for 6 bucks with a coupon, so it's been a while....

These were basically going to be a static collection I could show my kids one day to show them that what they read about in their history books actually happened. By the time I have kids, I wonder how much of WW2 will be erased in the name of political correctness....

Thanks for looking,

03-08-2010, 9:08 PM
Wow, great group you have there!

03-09-2010, 3:48 AM
Nice group, Mike. Now, go out and shoot them!

03-09-2010, 8:48 AM
thanks guys! maybe when ammo prices go down :rolleyes:

after i graduate i've got a job offer in Yosemite, so these will get left at home, but at least my photography career won't suffer :)

03-09-2010, 9:38 AM
Hey everybody, just wanted to share. My dad and I have been collecting since I was a kid (I'm 25 now) and some of these are just wall hangers and have never been fired (by us anyway). We've owned these for 10 years now... ........ ........................
I like your collection Rolex87, and you're lucky to have a dad that shares (or at the very least encouraged) your interest ever since you were a kid.

I wonder how many CG'ers here had a father like that? There's probably a thread on that here, if I can't find one in a search I may start one.

03-09-2010, 9:50 AM
thanks, i hope there are more dads like that

and i was barely a kid when i realized that a guy cant shoot a pistol at a guy riding a horse from 200 yards away or a simple burst with a thompson clears a 4 story building of enemies haha

back then these rifles were cheap and we picked up ones that were specifically cheaper for one reason or another

03-09-2010, 11:33 AM
My Grandfather and Grandmother on my Dad's side were shooters/hunters. My Father (and Grandfather) are ex-Military, so I was taught to shoot at a very young age. Now, I'm in the process of teaching my Daughters how to shoot, so at least one more generation can enjoy the sport I grew up with.

BTW, Mike - You really should go out and pop off a few rounds. Your little SKS is pretty cheap to feed...

Good luck with your graduation and new gig at Yosemite. I'll probably see you out there! LOL

03-09-2010, 11:38 AM
ill be working at the front desk at curry village if the offer doesnt get taken away from me. Stop by and say hello!

03-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Very nice collection. Funny thing is, I've only been into guns for the past six years, but I could name all of the ones you have!

03-16-2010, 4:46 PM
yeah, ive gone after really well known stuff...keeps the price down!

03-21-2010, 8:33 AM
Hey Rolex,

That is one awesome set of rifles !!! I love the Enfield... beautiful.

03-21-2010, 9:19 AM
thanks! i enjoy them a lot!

04-13-2010, 9:38 PM
i like the one with the bipod.......:)

04-14-2010, 5:24 AM
thats the one tht actually gets shot a bit...not too bad for am old sks

05-07-2010, 4:33 PM
That is a very nice pile of wood that you have, not to mention the metal parts that go with them.
Nice collection you have.

05-07-2010, 5:13 PM

05-07-2010, 6:50 PM
Beautiful collection - A bit of everything - Start shooting the rifles with cheap ammo - SKS and 91/30 -

05-07-2010, 7:30 PM
The sks I did take out to our local range cleanup and had some fun with it. Haven't put any thru the 91/30 and won't have time before I move to yosemite. For now I'll be leaving them at home