PDA

View Full Version : WTT/OBO: Turners San Bern. $350 gift certificate for $320 cash or a 22LR pistol

martinelliminimo
03-08-2010, 4:31 AM
WTT/OBO: Turners (San Bernadino) $350 gift certificate for $320 cash or a 22LR pistol

So here is the deal. I have $346.53 reserved for a "Special Make Ruger 10/22" at Turners fully paid off (The $289 Ruger+TAX+DROS+Gun Lock = 346.53). Well, they haven't had it in stock for weeks so I was never able to start my DROS on the gun. So I went to Big5 and found a 22LR rifle deal that I could not ignore and purchased the gun. Now I have money at Turners that I cannot refund or else i will be charged a 30% restocking fee of $103.96!

So here are my options:
1. I Trade my $346.53 of Turners money for $320 cash.
2. Trade it for a 22LR pistol that HAD a value a little greater than $350 and depreciated in value (Sig Mosquito, p22 or just make an offer)
3. I wait for my 10/22 and get ANOTHER 22LR rifle which i do not want anymore

Now if you are going to trade me for cash. Remember you can only use that Turner's money on a gun equal or greater than $346.53. I will meet with you at Turners in San Bernadino just set the time and date. That's $30.00!

chansen49
03-08-2010, 6:15 AM
I have had turners refund my money before, same situation. I bought a 10/22 that they didnt have and never got, so they refunded my money. They mailed me a check If I remember.

Good luck.

SoCal Gunner
03-08-2010, 6:30 AM
So, if I'm getting this correctly... You'll ask for a refund, Turners will give it to you in form of Gift Certificate, you sell Gift Cert for ca$h... Gift cert can be applied to purchase of $350 or higher. Sound right?

olhunter
03-08-2010, 6:30 AM
Have you brought this up with Turners? I mean, WTF, a restocking fee for something they don't even have? If that's the case and Turners sticks to their 'fee', I'm done with them.

nuke_em
03-08-2010, 7:58 AM
Double posting: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=277552

7.62x54R
03-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Have you brought this up with Turners? I mean, WTF, a restocking fee for something they don't even have? If that's the case and Turners sticks to their 'fee', I'm done with them.

Sounds like something Turners would do

Bulleh
03-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Sounds like something Turners would do

I'm about 99% sure that the OP asked and was told about the 30% restocking fee. I asked Turners a few questions when I was first purchasing my firearm, they told me that the only way to get the 30% deposit back is if you get rejected at the background check stage. I'm assuming if you got all green lights, they expect you to cough up the dough. Greedy, but that's what big name companies do

sanfermin
03-08-2010, 2:53 PM
how much do you want for the gift certificate pm me

thanks

SoCalJ
03-08-2010, 7:18 PM
I tried to do a PPT there, the guy behind the counter was very nice and apologetic, but the guy in charge was a turd....We got there before they opened and after 45 min. we went somewhere else and got in and out in less than 30 minutes.

NO business from me in the future.

Too bad, it's a nice store....

martinelliminimo
03-08-2010, 7:31 PM
I will be getting my money back through corporate check in a month. But i am not allowed back in the SB Turners. Here's the story. I went back to the store to see if i could at least get a gift certificate or 22LR pistol or see if i can get permission from the VP of turners to give permission to SB Turners to give my money back. When i said that last one, one of the workers got so pissed and basically said "i'll give you your money back... but don't come back to this store." To that i politely said "ok" and after he gave me my receipt i even said "thank you".

Seriously, What the heck man. I bought so many guns from them and have treated all of their workers with respect. But this one worker has a history of treating me and other customers like trash.

sanfermin
03-08-2010, 7:45 PM
pm with message did't get response ?

sanfermin
03-08-2010, 7:46 PM
can use the gift card but need you to meet me at there west covina store
?

martinelliminimo
03-08-2010, 7:56 PM
I will be getting my money back through corporate check in a month. But i am not allowed back in the SB Turners. Here's the story. I went back to the store to see if i could at least get a gift certificate or 22LR pistol or see if i can get permission from the VP of turners to give permission to SB Turners to give my money back. When i said that last one, one of the workers got so pissed and basically said "i'll give you your money back... but don't come back to this store." To that i politely said "ok" and after he gave me my receipt i even said "thank you".

Seriously, What the heck man. I bought so many guns from them and have treated all of their workers with respect. But this one worker has a history of treating me and other customers like trash.

For those of u that go to that turners... you probably know who i'm talking about.

Notorious
03-08-2010, 11:40 PM
Is that the one off "E" street? I've been there once, they were pretty cool, even though they have nothing that I needed.

How is it that they sell you something, don't get it for months, never deliver, then charge you a restocking fee for something they never stocked, and then turn around and refuse to give you back the money without permission from the VP?

My buddy tried to put a gun on consignment there and their terms were pretty outrageous that they said after the gun sold, they will give him a corporate check 2 months afterwards. Why it takes 2 months I have no idea. They are basically holding onto his money for 2 months for nothing.

maxwellca21
03-09-2010, 1:55 AM
Double posting: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=277552

so? the guy is trying to get problem solve here.

SoCal Gunner
03-09-2010, 6:24 AM
PM Sent to OP re: sales staff...

For the others who have posted and/or are familiar with the area, where do you guys go as an alternative to Turners or Bass Pro Shop, etc. for PPTs, Non FTF Sales shipped to FFLs, etc it the IE area?

Notorious
03-09-2010, 6:48 AM
Ammo Bros Ontario. $75 to receive on their FFL. $35 PPT. Lots of AR parts including tons of uppers. Lots of other neutered CA guns such as 556, AK, complete AR-15, etc.

Done my last few PPT's there. Other places charge way more for receiving, levy ridiculous surcharges on PPT (e.g., $5 storage fee on top of the $35) or just plain have no interesting inventory (Turner's).

glockwise2000
03-09-2010, 8:06 PM
This is nothing new with Turner's. They have this bullsh*t kind of practice for a very long time. I am still wondering why people even go there.

I have been to several locations and treated me badly the same way.

cyberhh
03-09-2010, 8:35 PM
I have only been to Turners once in three years since they consistently have terrible customer service.

I will check their prices when I am shopping, as nicer, better stores will price match.

If the overwhelming consensus changes to "Turners is Awesome" I will give them another shot, until then......

sanfermin
03-09-2010, 8:50 PM
still no answer with my question do you still want to do trade at west covina
? store with your the credit you have at turners third post ?

ROTC sniper
03-09-2010, 9:01 PM
I have been to the turners in SB and tried to do a ppt there and they told us that we would have to wait for all the other customers before that would do our paperwork even though I was one of the first people there. But you can't judge all turners the same way because the guys at turners reseda are awesome. Kyle takes care of all my stuff when i'm in the valley and Thomas, Patrick and the guys in redondo beach are all good too. Just depends on who you get. Good luck though. Hope everything works out okay

martinelliminimo
03-10-2010, 1:37 AM
Ammo Bros Ontario. $75 to receive on their FFL. $35 PPT. Lots of AR parts including tons of uppers. Lots of other neutered CA guns such as 556, AK, complete AR-15, etc.

Done my last few PPT's there. Other places charge way more for receiving, levy ridiculous surcharges on PPT (e.g., $5 storage fee on top of the $35) or just plain have no interesting inventory (Turner's).

I have been to ammo bros before. I liked what they had. from now i'm going there.

martinelliminimo
03-10-2010, 1:43 AM
still no answer with my question do you still want to do trade at west covina
? store with your the credit you have at turners third post ?

sorry bro, they are actually giving me my money back via corporate check. went through hell negotiating that. sorry for the inconvenience.

Notorious
03-10-2010, 6:19 AM
I have been to ammo bros before. I liked what they had. from now i'm going there.

Don't go to Magnum Range. They charge $5 storage on top of the $35 PPT. Bull****.

Cypher1911
03-10-2010, 6:53 AM
K&D Gunsmithing on Highland Ave is Extremely reasonable and FAST