PDA

View Full Version : 35 State Non-Resident CCW Class - Livermore, CA - July 13, 2013

JimAmentler
03-07-2010, 11:44 PM
This class is for the Utah, Florida, Arizona concealed carry permits
which are available to residents of any state. Residents of a contiguous
state for Oregon. The course is $150.00 and includes the course fee,
passport photos, notary and Utah permit fingerprinting.

The Utah, Florida, Arizona and Oregon permits combined are recognized in
35 different states for those that are not residents of Utah, Florida,
Arizona and Oregon!

Register at this link: http://www.alphasafetytraining.net/schedule.html

Date: July 13, 2013

Time: 10AM - 4PM

J&R Sports Supply, LLC
2558-B Old 1st Street
Livermore, CA 94550

All materials, syllabus, annotated laws, applications and fingerprint
cards will be provided by the instructor. You will need to be
fingerprinted, and your application will require your signature to be
notarized. Notary for Florida and fingerprinting for Utah are included
in the $150 registration fee. Exceptions are as follows: Fingerprinting
for Florida MUST be done by a law enforcement organization and
fingerprinting for Oregon MUST be done by the Sheriff in Grant County.
Arizona fingerprinting available for $20. Please bring cash if you would
like this service.

Here is a list of states that honor the Non-Resident CCW permits if you
get Utah, Florida, Arizona and Oregon:

Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Idaho
Iowa
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
New Mexico
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

Who is Eligible?

*Minimum requirements for application for a concealed firearms permit in
Utah are:
•Applicant must be at least 21 years of age
•Proof of good character...whereas the applicant;
°has not been convicted of a felony;
°has not been convicted of any crime of violence;
°has not been convicted of any offenses involving the unlawful use of
narcotics or other controlled substances;
°has not been convicted of any offenses involving moral turpitude;
°has not been convicted of any offense involving domestic violence;
°has not been adjudicated by a court of a state or of the United States
as mentally incompetent, unless the adjudication has been withdrawn or
reversed
° has completed any and all requirements of a conviction of any offense
involving the use of alcohol at least 6 years prior to applying

*A criminal background check is conducted for all applicants

Private or group classes available.

Call 916-215-9148 or e-mail jim@alphasafetytraining.com for further info

GunFan
03-08-2010, 1:24 PM
I took this class last Sunday. Exceeded my expectations! Professional and well run.

TonyM
03-08-2010, 6:28 PM
A big +1 for Doc. I took his Utah class about 18 months ago and it was great.

Thanks again.

Skandy714
03-17-2010, 3:48 AM
I dont know anything about CCW at all, so a person that attends and finish this class will have CCW for all the following state?...

benbangui
03-17-2010, 9:01 PM
same question :) so if you qualify pay the $150 and pass the class you get your ccw permit for all those states?

neuron
03-18-2010, 9:16 PM
I take it that: 1) there is no range qualification for the Utah and Florida permits; 2) therefore we don't need to bring our gun(s) to the class and prove we can shoot them accurately; and, 3) the permits (if issued) will not specify a particular guns for CCW, but will authorize any gun that Utah and Florida allow for CCW, even if I haven't specified a gun or "qualified" with it. Am I correct in these assumptions?

I just want to know, and I have signed up for the next class in Livermore.

I have a CCW permit here in California, which authorizes only two guns that I've had to qualify with at the range. I got a non-resident Washington CCW a few years ago, but that didn't require any qualification or specify specific authorized guns. The deputy I spoke with when I applied for it in King County said it covered any handgun that was registered to me...:)

0321jarhead
03-21-2010, 3:52 PM
I thought Nevada honored Utah. Am I missing something?

TonyM
03-21-2010, 4:19 PM
I thought Nevada honored Utah. Am I missing something?

Last year NV stopped honoring the Utah permit due to Utah not having a live firing qualification test as part of the permit.

JimAmentler
03-21-2010, 11:45 PM
As TonyM said, the Utah and Florida permits were determined by the Nevada Chiefs and Sheriffs to not be "substantially similar" to the Nevada permit and requirements. Nevada stopped honoring the Utah and Florida permits as of July 01, 2009.

neuron
03-22-2010, 1:52 AM
As TonyM said, the Utah and Florida permits were determined by the Nevada Chiefs and Sheriffs to not be "substantially similar" to the Nevada permit and requirements. Nevada stopped honoring the Utah and Florida permits as of July 01, 2009.

OK, I guess that TonyM is right as to the reason for the change, and this goes to my earlier question about the Utah/Florida permit not requiring a live-fire range qualification. This means that if you want a Nevada permit, you need to go to a Nevada certfied class and qualify at the range.

Too bad, but I understand Nevada's position.

XYZ
03-29-2010, 11:39 AM
Are there still seats available for the Livermore class? I've emailed, PMed and tried to call the guy but no response. Also, this thread keeps disappearing and then reappearing - maybe there should be a range qualification test as it seems my eyesight is coming and going :).

JimAmentler
03-30-2010, 11:13 PM
Are there still seats available for the Livermore class? I've emailed, PMed and tried to call the guy but no response. Also, this thread keeps disappearing and then reappearing - maybe there should be a range qualification test as it seems my eyesight is coming and going :).

If I somehow missed your call, I apologize. I just saw your PM and note here on the forums. I have been swamped getting things in line for my Sailors and Marines coming home from Afghanistan and also logistics for two of our Marines that were killed last week.

The course is still happening and there are seats available. If I can answer any other questions, please give me a call or email and I will get back to you within 24 hours.

JimAmentler
04-07-2010, 12:47 AM
There are still seats available for the April course.

JimAmentler
04-11-2010, 11:57 PM
BTT!

XYZ
04-12-2010, 9:02 PM
Save me a spot. I'll be there.

whitey
04-15-2010, 5:27 PM
Is there a test you have to pass or do you have to pay an just be able to pass the background check only

JimAmentler
04-16-2010, 12:23 AM
Is there a test you have to pass or do you have to pay an just be able to pass the background check only

There is no test. Attend the course, pay attention to the material, pass the background check and you're good to go.

neuron
04-18-2010, 7:55 PM
I just completed the Livermore Utah Multistate course, and posted a critique elsewhere on this site. Bottom line: this course is really fine business and worth every penny. I've been around the block and received had all sorts of weapons instruction over the years, and Jim knows whereof he speaks. Clear and competent instruction without unecessary "attitude" from a guy who knows firearms and has "been there and done that." What more could you want?:)

donny douchebag
04-18-2010, 8:11 PM
I too completed the class in Livermore today and would like to absolutely agree with everything neuron said. Jim and his wife were great and the class was worth every penny. You won't be disappointed!

makemyday
04-19-2010, 10:42 AM
Jim and his wife did a good job along with the J+R Gun shop. the class was well informed great for beginners or veterans as laws changes. he also sell T-shirts and 50 state CCW books so bring extra money if u would wish to purchase these items. thanks Jim and his no name wife(jk). will let u know on the turnaaround sent the UT out today.

XYZ
04-19-2010, 11:42 AM
Agree with the others. Informative class that focuses on both gun safety and Utah law. Jim is highly qualified and makes the material easy to follow. Would definitely recommend training from Jim to anyone.

makemyday
04-20-2010, 10:36 PM
I found a link for Live Scan sevice. this should be used for the Florida permits.
according to the class it MUST be a Law Enforcement agency that do the live scan.

http://www.ag.ca.gov/fingerprints/publications/contact.php

JimAmentler
04-21-2010, 1:53 PM
Thank you all for the comments! It was my pleasure to spend the day with each of you and I appreciate all the great questions and comments during class! Please keep me updated on your timeline so that I can keep upcoming classes appraised of turnaround time.

neuron
04-21-2010, 10:27 PM
Thank you all for the comments! It was my pleasure to spend the day with each of you and I appreciate all the great questions and comments during class! Please keep me updated on your timeline so that I can keep upcoming classes appraised of turnaround time.

Jim,

Thank you for a great course, and thank you for your service to our country in a land far away.

INJUNTOM
04-23-2010, 12:45 AM
Is there any benifit to a person in CA that doesn't really leave the state?

JimAmentler
04-24-2010, 1:10 AM
Is there any benifit to a person in CA that doesn't really leave the state?

If you don't leave the state, the permit will not benefit you. If you'd like to take the course for the information that you will learn, that would be a benefit.

neuron
04-25-2010, 11:03 PM
If you don't leave the state, the permit will not benefit you. If you'd like to take the course for the information that you will learn, that would be a benefit.

+1.

Good training is valuable in its own right. Even if the training doesn't get you something specific that you may want (like a CCW permit), if you learn things that can serve you in other ways, the training you receive will be worth it.

There are things for which you can never receive too much training...owning and using firearms is one of those things. There is no such thing as a firearms "expert" who can't benefit from more training. Anyone who thinks he is above benefitting from further training is just an arrogant fool.

JimAmentler
04-28-2010, 1:17 AM
Opening post updated with June 2010 course information.

JimAmentler
05-11-2010, 1:39 AM
BTT!

westsiderippa
05-12-2010, 10:06 PM
im interested in the june course, what is the class and how many hours is it? also how long is the permit valvid? and what do you need to do to keep it current?

thanks, and by the by j and r sports is great, i usually drive 1.5 hrs just to spend my money there.

JimAmentler
05-13-2010, 12:36 AM
Thank you for your interest!

The course is 5 hours and includes drinks, snacks and lunch. The Utah permit is valid for 5 years and the Florida permits is valid for 7 years. No further classes are required to renew.

Let me know if I can provide you with any further info.

V/R,

Jim "Doc" Amentler
Semper Fidelis!

im interested in the june course, what is the class and how many hours is it? also how long is the permit valvid? and what do you need to do to keep it current?

thanks, and by the by j and r sports is great, i usually drive 1.5 hrs just to spend my money there.

westsiderippa
05-13-2010, 12:19 PM
thanks jim, i will let you know.

JimAmentler
05-15-2010, 6:03 PM
Sounds good!

JimAmentler
05-24-2010, 12:54 AM
There are still seats available for this class.

Ken_Louderback
05-24-2010, 1:10 AM
I am new here, but would also like to know if the Utah permit also requires a fee, and if it must be renewed annually? Thank you.

JimAmentler
05-26-2010, 1:02 AM
I am new here, but would also like to know if the Utah permit also requires a fee, and if it must be renewed annually? Thank you.

Yes, you need to send $65.25 to Utah which is good for 5 years. $35 for the permit fee and $30.25 for the FBI background check. For Florida you will send $117 and their permit is valid for 7 years.

My pleasure!

JimAmentler
06-03-2010, 1:14 AM
4 days left until this course! We still have seats available. To those who have already registered, I look forward to meeting you Sunday!

JimAmentler
06-05-2010, 12:26 AM
One day left before the June course! Email confirmations have all been sent. See you Sunday morning at J&R Sports Supply!

JimAmentler
06-07-2010, 11:33 PM
Thank you to all at the June course! Great questions and interaction lady and gents!

Opening post updated with July 2010 information!

Combo
06-10-2010, 8:09 PM
Thank you for the class Jim, i enjoyed it very much and have recommended it to a pair of my freinds who are interest in the CCW course.

whitey
06-15-2010, 4:59 AM
Anyone from the 4/18/2010 class in Livermore receive there Utah CCW yet.

JimAmentler
06-18-2010, 12:53 AM
BTT!

JimAmentler
06-29-2010, 6:10 PM
There are still seats available for the July class.

JimAmentler
07-07-2010, 10:37 AM
We still have seats available for the July 11, 2010 class.

JimAmentler
07-10-2010, 8:24 PM
All confirmations have gone out for the July 11, 2010 Livermore course. We still have a couple of seats left if anyone is interested. To those that have registered, see you in the AM!

JimAmentler
07-15-2010, 12:57 AM
August date added to the opening post.

JimAmentler
07-25-2010, 11:09 AM
Bump!

ned946
07-25-2010, 4:30 PM
Hey Jim,
The class was great!
I already received my FL CCW and I sent that one a week after sending the UT....this is from your last Orange County class. FL was fast!

Next big challenge....CA! yikes :-O

JimAmentler
08-09-2010, 2:45 PM
Outstanding Ned! Thank you for letting me know. Good luck with the CA CCW!

JimAmentler
08-09-2010, 2:46 PM
I am back from the Utah desert training with my Battalion and will be sending out confirmation emails this evening for those that have registered for the August course. We still have seats available for this course.

JimAmentler
08-11-2010, 10:18 AM
We still have seats available for this course. I look forward to meeting everyone this Sunday!

cadjak
08-12-2010, 8:05 AM
What are the application fees for the Utah and Florida licenses? I assume that for $150 they are not included. I will be in Utah next month. Will I be able to apply there and receive my CCW more quickly? I am still considering the Livermore class.

JimAmentler
08-13-2010, 3:21 PM
You are correct, the permit fees are not included in the $150 course fee. The fee for Utah is $65.25 which pays for your permit fee for the first 5 years and your FBI background check. The permit fee for Florida is $117.00 and is your permit fee for the first 7 years and your FBI background check. Dropping off your paperwork will not expedite the processing. If you dropped off the application or it arrived to them by mail the same day, the processing time would be the same. Let me know if I can any other questions.

JimAmentler
08-15-2010, 8:47 PM
September 2010 date added to the opening post.

JimAmentler
08-24-2010, 1:08 AM
BUMP for the September course!

JimAmentler
09-01-2010, 1:05 AM
BTT!

JimAmentler
09-17-2010, 12:38 PM
There are still a few seats left for the September 2010 course. Come join us for an informative day!

JimAmentler
09-21-2010, 10:58 PM
October 2010 course date added to the opening post.

wrdavis
09-22-2010, 7:45 AM
A plus for Jim's class.

Just took the UT CCW in Livermore last Sunday, Sep 19. Five hours long. UT requires 4 hours, I figured we'd break and have an hour lunch. Just too much to cover to do that. 15 minute lunch break, 2 five minute coffee/donut breaks and more stuff to cover. And with the finger printing, time was really around 5 1/2 hours.

No spots that seemed boring. Presented in a well & interesting manner that made the 5 hours seem almost short.

Maybe at other days/times the parking in J&R Guns is stuffed. But on a Sunday the lot was empty and I ignored the request to use the parking structure about 1/2 block away.

JimAmentler
10-25-2010, 11:44 PM
OP updated with December 2010 course information.

j.primo
11-02-2010, 1:24 AM
Just signed up for the December ccw in Livermore. Can't wait!!

JimAmentler
12-09-2010, 1:19 AM
Just signed up for the December ccw in Livermore. Can't wait!!

Sounds good! See you on the 19th!

JimAmentler
12-14-2010, 5:46 PM
Email confirmations have been sent to all who have registered for the December 2010 course. There are still a few seats left, but not many. If you'd like to attend this course, register before all seats are gone.

ArmsToBear
12-14-2010, 11:12 PM
Please correct me with factual law; but if I am not mistaken an Oregon non-resident permit can only be obtained by a US citizen that lives in a contiguous state (borders Oregon). The Oregon state constitution requires a non-resident to live in a state that borders Oregon. Thus not anyone can obtain a non-resident Oregon permit as your advertisement states.

Oregon Revised Statutes 166.291
(8) The county sheriff may waive the residency requirement in subsection (1)(c) of this section for a resident of a contiguous state who has a compelling business interest or other legitimate demonstrated need.

Issuing Authority:

Oregon State Police

Out Of State Permit Issue:
Oregon will only issue permits to people who are residents of states that border Oregon. Those states are Washington, California, Idaho and Nevada. A non resident from the states listed can go to any sheriff in Oregon and apply.

NICS check:
Yes

Permit Valid For:
Permits are valid for four years.

Permit Issued Timeline:
Permit shall be issued within 45 days of application.

Cost:
$50 for the Sheriff's department plus
$15 to the Oregon State Police for the background check.

Renewal: $50 for the Sheriff's department.

Requirements:
1. Citizen of the US or legal resident alien with at least 6 months continuous residency.
2. 21 or older.
3. Not a convicted felon.
4. Not convicted or found guilty of a misdemeanor.
5. No outstanding warrants for your arrest or free on any form of pretrial release.
6. Demonstrates competence with a handgun per ORS 166.291(f).

Required Documents:
1. 2 pieces of current identification, one of which must bear photo of applicant.
2. Completed application (done at county Sheriff's offices).
3. The sheriff shall finger print and photograph the applicant.

Renewal Information:
A concealed handgun license is renewable by repeating the procedures set out in "Requirements" and "Required Documents" sections above, except for the requirement to submit fingerprints and provide character references.

I am really not trying to be rude. I feel it is important that people are not mis-led or given improper information.

Have a great holiday season.

Remember! Shoot Straight! Shoot Often!

JimAmentler
12-14-2010, 11:32 PM
Thank you for your comment, armstobear.

As I teach my course in California and Nevada to California and Nevada residents, this applies to them. However, I will change the wording since I have just added Oregon to my course and I would not want to "mislead" anyone.

As far as your comment about you not trying to be rude, if you have to post that you are not trying to be rude, then ...

Perhaps you could have sent me a PM or an email as I have done with other instructors on this and other boards. There are many instructors here that get along very well and help each other out regularly. I will assume that you are doing just that as well.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Jim "Doc" Amentler
Semper Fidelis!

CCWUSA
12-18-2010, 12:09 AM
I have not been advertising the Oregon Permit option, I guess I'll have to add that in :)

I was still wondering how do people claim to be Oregon, Florida, or New Hampshire "Certified" CCW Instrcutors? I was not aware that these States actually "Certified" People as out-of-State Instructors? I thought they would
just honor any Handgun safety classes taught by a State-Certified or NRA
Instrcutor? Am I mistaken on this one?

donny douchebag
12-18-2010, 8:41 AM
Anyone from the 4/18/2010 class in Livermore receive there Utah CCW yet.

I realize it's an old question but yes :)

Doc: just so you know the prints were rejected and I had to get them redone. It's my understanding that happens a lot with Utah but still thought I'd let you know.

BloodShot
12-19-2010, 8:11 PM
I took the class in Livermore today (Dec. 19, 2010). It was great! I was worried about 5 hours of classroom, but the time flew by. Jim is a great instructor and his wife kept things on track and provided excellent donuts, coffee and sandwiches. It was nice to have the all-inclusive approach for the Utah license - certificate, photos and fingerprints - so you could literally walk out of the class and drop your packet in the mail. Thanks again Jim for doing the class and double thanks for having it in the town I live in!

j.primo
12-19-2010, 9:33 PM
Awesome class! Doc made 5 hours fly by. Great information and I learned plenty! Thank you Doc and Doc's wife for coffee and lunch.

JimAmentler
01-01-2011, 12:58 AM
Thank you J.Primo! I enjoyed having you in class!

OP updated with the January 2011 class information.

Also, Iowa has been added to the list of states that honor the Utah and Florida CCW permits!

JimAmentler
01-26-2011, 9:24 PM
We still have seats available for the January 30, 2011 course. Come join us for a great day of learning!

JimAmentler
02-01-2011, 12:09 AM
OP updated with March 2011 course information!

JimAmentler
04-06-2011, 10:31 AM
OP updated with May 2011 course information.

Kenpo Joe
04-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Hi Doc,

Great class last month. Have you seen my PM?

Back on mute. :coolgleamA:

JimAmentler
04-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Hi Doc,

Great class last month. Have you seen my PM?

Thank you, sir! PM sent. I'm going through my schedule to see when I can run a Defensive Medicine (gun shot trauma) course in Livermore. Should have a date out this week.

Kenpo Joe
04-06-2011, 2:22 PM
Thanks, I'll be waiting for the announcement.

JimAmentler
04-20-2011, 10:33 AM
We still have seats available for the May 07, 2011 course!

JimAmentler
04-24-2011, 12:31 AM
BTT!

JimAmentler
05-04-2011, 11:20 PM
Bump!

sully007
05-09-2011, 9:03 PM
Question.

it's states that: *Florida CCW Permit applications require proof of prior training or experience, or live-fire range qualification.

So how is it you can get the permit without range time???

sully007
05-25-2011, 10:39 PM
This class is for the Utah and Florida concealed carry permits which are available to residents of any state. Residents of a contiguous state for Oregon. The course is $150.00 and includes the course, passport photos, notary and fingerprinting. There is no range time for this course. Please do not bring any firearms to class. The Utah, Florida and Oregon permits combined are recognized in 34 different states for those that are not residents of Utah, Florida and Oregon!

Payment guarantees you a seat in class.

Payment can be made by credit or debit card through my web site on the following page:

http://alphasafetytraining.net/schedule.html

Date: Sunday May 07, 2011

Time: 10AM - 3PM

Notary and fingerprinting to be done at the end of the course.

J&R Sports Supply, LLC
2558-B Old 1st Street
Livermore, CA 94550

All materials, syllabus, annotated laws, applications and fingerprint cards will be provided by the instructor. You will need to be fingerprinted, and your application will require your signature to be notarized. Notary for Florida and fingerprinting for Utah are included in the $150 registration fee. Exceptions are as follows: Fingerprinting for Florida MUST be done by a law enforcement organization and fingerprinting for Oregon MUST be done by the Sheriff in Grant County.

Here is a list of states that honor the Non-Resident CCW permits if you get Utah, Florida and Oregon:

Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Idaho
Iowa
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
New Mexico
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wyoming

Who is Eligible?

*Minimum requirements for application for a concealed firearms permit in Utah are:
•Applicant must be at least 21 years of age
•Proof of good character...whereas the applicant;
°has not been convicted of a felony;
°has not been convicted of any crime of violence;
°has not been convicted of any offenses involving the unlawful use of narcotics or other controlled substances;
°has not been convicted of any offenses involving moral turpitude;
°has not been convicted of any offense involving domestic violence;
°has not been adjudicated by a court of a state or of the United States as mentally incompetent, unless the adjudication has been withdrawn or reversed
° has completed any and all requirements of a conviction of any offense involving the use of alcohol at least 6 years prior to applying

*A criminal background check is conducted for all applicants

Private or group classes available.

Call 916-258-5484 or e-mail jim@alphasafetytraining.com for further info.

Please see this post:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=437102

CCWUSA
06-05-2011, 1:36 AM
Jim is not available to respond right now....

Florida has some very wide exceptions for acceptable proof of prior training; They will accept Military or Law Enforcement Training, NRA Courses, Classes taught by an NRA Instructor, Any State Courses or courses taught by a State Certified Instructor, Hunter Safety Courses, or a Hunting License, Evidence of participation in organized competition such as IDPA, USPSA, SASS, or any "Organized Competition" no specific definition listed. There is also no formal and specific "Range Qualification" required...I typically use the San Diego Sheriff's Range Qual for my students that do not have some proof of prior training, or I encourage them to attend an actual "Defensive Handgun Course" where they will learn Marksmanship, Gun Handling, Drawing from Concealment, malfunction clearing, reloads, shooting from cover, and shooting on the move. I offer these classes in SoCal, and you can check with Jim or LMS Defense for this type of class in NorCal. Getting your Permit is really only the first step! Learn how to effectively use your firearm under STRESS is an entirely different class that anyone who owns a firearm should attend on a regular basis. Think of it as your very first Driver's License...then consider how mich time you have behind the wheel. Formal Firearms Training is an excellent way to drastically improve your Defensive Firearms Skill Sets, and see what techniques and tactics work best for you.

Your gun will not save your ***, but your Tactics just might!

Be the Weapon! Training like you fight...fight to win!

DVC

wizdumb
06-08-2011, 10:01 AM
Will this class be running again soon?

sully007
06-08-2011, 11:26 PM
Jim is not available to respond right now....

Florida has some very wide exceptions for acceptable proof of prior training; They will accept Military or Law Enforcement Training, NRA Courses, Classes taught by an NRA Instructor, Any State Courses or courses taught by a State Certified Instructor, Hunter Safety Courses, or a Hunting License, Evidence of participation in organized competition such as IDPA, USPSA, SASS, or any "Organized Competition" no specific definition listed. There is also no formal and specific "Range Qualification" required...I typically use the San Diego Sheriff's Range Qual for my students that do not have some proof of prior training, or I encourage them to attend an actual "Defensive Handgun Course" where they will learn Marksmanship, Gun Handling, Drawing from Concealment, malfunction clearing, reloads, shooting from cover, and shooting on the move. I offer these classes in SoCal, and you can check with Jim or LMS Defense for this type of class in NorCal. Getting your Permit is really only the first step! Learn how to effectively use your firearm under STRESS is an entirely different class that anyone who owns a firearm should attend on a regular basis. Think of it as your very first Driver's License...then consider how mich time you have behind the wheel. Formal Firearms Training is an excellent way to drastically improve your Defensive Firearms Skill Sets, and see what techniques and tactics work best for you.

Your gun will not save your ***, but your Tactics just might!

Be the Weapon! Training like you fight...fight to win!

DVC

Thanks Bill for the reply. Which one of the above classes or groups does Jim class fall into?

wizdumb
06-10-2011, 11:00 PM
Tried to PM the OP, but can't seem to get a response. I'd like to attend this class (or any like it) in the bay area. Does anyone know when it, or another similar, will run again?

digitalCajun
08-24-2011, 10:58 AM
Bump. I'm looking for a Bay Area class as well.

tacticalcity
08-24-2011, 11:39 AM
The OP, Jim is a Navy Corpsman. If he is deployed it will be a while for he can respond.

Evolution247
10-22-2012, 3:46 PM
Bringing this thread back to life. When is the next class? I am interested in taking it.

JimAmentler
10-26-2012, 7:57 PM
Next class is tomorrow! 10/27/2012 at J&R Sport Supply in Livermore. Sacramento course Saturday 11/03/2012.

Evolution247
10-29-2012, 12:16 PM
Next class is tomorrow! 10/27/2012 at J&R Sport Supply in Livermore. Sacramento course Saturday 11/03/2012.

****! I thought your Nov 3rd class was in Livermore. I can't drive all the way to Sac. When is the next one in Livermore?

JimAmentler
01-21-2013, 10:35 PM
Opening post updated with February 2013 course information.

JimAmentler
02-13-2013, 10:34 PM
The February class is full. Thank you to everyone that has registered! I look forward to meeting you Saturday.

JimAmentler
02-13-2013, 10:35 PM
OP updated with March 2013 course information. Please let me know if you have any questions.

JimAmentler
03-05-2013, 12:00 PM
Nevada no longer recognizes the AZ CCW permit. That is effective immediately! DO NOT CARRY A CONCEALED FIREARM IN NEVADA USING AN ARIZONA CCW PERMIT.

http://www.nvrepository.state.nv.us/ccw_changes.shtml

http://www.kolotv.com/news/headlines...195196381.html

JimAmentler
03-15-2013, 4:15 PM
The March 2013 course is full. Thank you to all who are attending!

The OP is updated with the April 2013 course information.

JimAmentler
04-25-2013, 7:27 PM
OP updated with June 2013 course information. See you there!

JimAmentler
06-08-2013, 9:50 AM
Updated with July course date!