PDA

View Full Version : Rail Choices

JOLLYROGER
03-07-2010, 3:04 PM
ayone have any experience with utg rails for use on AR? specifically the 416s model? Or does anyone know of another good choice that doesn't cost hundreds of dollars. FOR USE ON A RANGE GUN. NOT A PERFORMANCE PIECE..

Lucky7
03-07-2010, 3:07 PM
Personally I wouldn't use UTG I would suggest you look at midwest industries or Troy you can get them for like 130 or find a used one for around hundred or less Good luck with your AR build.

slick_711
03-07-2010, 3:08 PM
Look into YHM. That's what I've always used in the past. Very well made and sturdy, but not as pretty or gucci as the more expensive stuff on the market. I'm taking one of mine off next week to put on a Gucci one (Larue 12.0 lol). I'm not going to hock my stuff here, but look around and see if you can find a take-off or something if price is an issue.

Henry Hill
03-07-2010, 5:01 PM
Look into YHM. That's what I've always used in the past. Very well made and sturdy, but not as pretty or gucci as the more expensive stuff on the market. I'm taking one of mine off next week to put on a Gucci one (Larue 12.0 lol). I'm not going to hock my stuff here, but look around and see if you can find a take-off or something if price is an issue.

Mind posting pics of your YHM rails? I'm assuming you went w/ the free float ones?